SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Subsystem in english (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222274)

xXNightEagleXx 10-20-15 05:29 PM

Subsystem in english

Currently my subsystem is in german (although the installation is in english), is it possible to have it in english?

Sjizzle 10-21-15 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx (Post 2352329)
Currently my subsystem is in german (although the installation is in english), is it possible to have it in english?

do mean the text are in german ? when u installed the game there was an option to select german or english txt and german or english speach.... u can easy reinstall the game an check english txt :D
or do u mean some specification from subsystem in WoS ...if they are in german there must be an english menu file which will translate u to english

THEBERBSTER 10-21-15 10:35 AM

One of the mods used in TWOS is "Speech fixes and additions (German version)
You would need to use the English version.

Peter

vdr1981 10-21-15 11:16 AM

Not really guys, system names are placed in submarine upcge files... Only manual editing can do the trick.

xXNightEagleXx 10-22-15 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2352540)
Not really guys, system names are placed in submarine upcge files... Only manual editing can do the trick.

that's bad

xXNightEagleXx 10-31-15 08:23 AM

Ok i've reinstalled everything to see how the stock version looks alike, and indeed it is in english. Once i install the first step of TWOS, it gets translated in German and this is really annoying for me. I've been trying to understand where and how i can revert it but i had no success. So i would like to understand if there is a way to do it, which i don't know, or i'll be forced to install each mod manually?

NightEagle

UPDATE: After a fast research i found that this type of information are contained inside the *.upcge files (data/submarine/xxx/*.upcge).

xXNightEagleXx 10-31-15 10:00 AM

Finally i found what mod is causing this frustrating thing (immersion/realism != learning another language, at least for me). It is R.S.D mod, now how do i get rid of the german patch without invalidating TWOS install?

UPDATE: Doesn't matter i have solved by myself by creating an additional mod that restore the english file of the original RSD.

Raven_2012 01-07-16 07:58 PM

Yeah I want to get the subsystems in English also, I find it really slows me down. I like the idea of the immersion, but I don't speak or read German.

Jeremy 08-20-18 12:16 PM

Sub Systems with english text

hey there :)

did anyone ever solve this in an easy way?

I love twos mod, but would really like to see the various texts in English

XenonSurf 08-20-18 02:23 PM

This thread is 3 years old !! Even if TWoS at that time had language problems, you are better off asking a fresh question in the TWoS thread.

If you want English text and voices, you simply install the game in English with English voices, update to 1.2.0 and then install TWoS.

For those who want German text and voices, install the game in ENGLISH with German voices, update to 1.2.0, install TWoS and then apply the recently published German Language mod as soon as it is TWoS-compatible (read the mod thread). Then, to have really all crew voices in German (and better ones too) you need to install an adjusted mod of Stormy's DBSM 1.3 + beta6. Recently I made a description about how to adjust this mod in the TWoS thread (19.08.2018), read there because I won't repeat it here.

Nicrolyte 12-16-18 06:16 PM

see i knew i would find this eventually.

First off, Yes We could start a new thread. However That may help the community determine who is currently interested in the topic... But that is like how the US measures unemployment. If there are people who stoped working for more than a year or two we are not going to call them part of the measured workforce since that makes the Figures for unemployment way more alarming and that's just not how the powers that be want things spun. Everything is FINE. keep moving drone worker number 534-87-5555. anyway, I wanted to Add my Plus one to this so that its seen Im one Among several. Especially since this is not a simple fix... The Mod Author Himself has already commented... And I have The same issue, And have Spent about 6 hours researching every ave i could think of. There is no way to change a Config ...EDITED...

So I am only doing my part to Get this Issue Duly Noted...

Thank you for addressing this Vdr. If you hadnt i might have gone on a while longer seeking to eliminate the few remaining (while Extremely unlikely) possibility's that could allow for Automatic Reverting back to Stock Values...

BTW I have Also Reinstalled (TODAY to confirm ) the game prior to TWoS FULL VER install is (as if there was any doubt an English game had German values, Although if such an exception was ever expected it would only be This Game) as reported by xXNightEagleXx,,,, ANd What.... How Did I miss that 3 times already????? YOU'VE SOLVED THIS??? at least the last poster "Jeremy" also missed this once too, But he dosnt look as stupid as I do cuz he Didnt decide to post Regardless of making the same discovery i just made I am already too far invested in my point in time to not justify having done something with it even if what I am logging it as is by definition Superfluous... DAMN, ok well. Im gonna PM you nighteagle I would really like a copy of that gem you have if you are still in possession of it and might i recommend its inclusion in a future TWoS Update???? even as a side Option in JSME for us non-german literate players... Im out yall have a good new year. THX im wrapn up 2018... bye.

CaptainC 02-24-20 10:05 AM

Has this not been solved?
Wondering why this isnt an option in the Twos installation, im also not trying to learn another written language and all the sub systems are in german, hard to understand whats what.

CaptainC 02-24-20 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx (Post 2354754)
Finally i found what mod is causing this frustrating thing (immersion/realism != learning another language, at least for me). It is R.S.D mod, now how do i get rid of the german patch without invalidating TWOS install?

UPDATE: Doesn't matter i have solved by myself by creating an additional mod that restore the english file of the original RSD.

Could you explain what you did or link the mod?

italianmarine 02-24-20 10:53 AM

Funny for me it is vice versa. Installed it in German and after applying TWS all texts are in English.
Not that it is a problem for me but it breaks the immersion.:k_confused:

CaptainC 02-25-20 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianmarine (Post 2651138)
Funny for me it is vice versa. Installed it in German and after applying TWS all texts are in English.
Not that it is a problem for me but it breaks the immersion.:k_confused:

That is weird :hmmm: