SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   I've completed a mission but am not receiving a new one after sending a status report (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220742)

IAssassinII 06-20-15 06:26 PM

I've completed a mission but am not receiving a new one after sending a status report

New player here, I know I'm supposed to be surfaced when reporting and my mission says it's complete, but HQ won't assign me anything new.

Aktungbby 06-20-15 06:34 PM

welcome aboard!

IAssassinII!:Kaleun_Salute:

Crannogman 06-20-15 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAssassinII (Post 2322769)
New player here, I know I'm supposed to be surfaced when reporting and my mission says it's complete, but HQ won't assign me anything new.

What version and mods are you using?

TorpX 06-20-15 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAssassinII (Post 2322769)

That can happen.

This, in effect, gives you permission to operate as you see fit. Of course, you can always do this anyway; you aren't really penalized for not completing missions.

In real-life, USN subs weren't frequently bombarded with new orders. The basic mode of operation was to go to a patrol zone, and sink any enemy ships they could find. Only occasionally, was it necessary to redirect them.

Jimbuna 06-21-15 07:15 AM

An occasional blip...return to base and start a new patrol.

Welcome to SubSim :sunny:

IAssassinII 06-21-15 05:26 PM

Okay, so this is supposed to happen. Thanks guys, I just wasn't sure if it was a glitch.

IAssassinII 06-21-15 06:10 PM

Could I potentially play through the entire war on one continuous patrol? Would events keep happening and would I still receive missions eventually? I just find that more appealing than finishing a patrol and the game setting up the next scenario for me.

Crannogman 06-21-15 08:07 PM

You start to run out of ships after 6 months on patrol. Also, you cannot fix damage by refitting, only by ending patrol. Also, you'll never be able to get crew or equipment (or sub) upgrades. Also, your save-games will start to accumulate bugs

TorpX 06-22-15 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAssassinII (Post 2323007)
Could I potentially play through the entire war on one continuous patrol? Would events keep happening and would I still receive missions eventually? I just find that more appealing than finishing a patrol and the game setting up the next scenario for me.

Bad idea.

For all the reasons Crannogman said, especially the fact that the campaign is loaded in 6 mo. parts, and you would find yourself sailing in an empty sea.

IAssassinII 06-22-15 03:34 AM

Okay, thanks guys.