SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Truk - Bug? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215150)

Red Devil 08-19-14 10:15 AM

Truk - Bug?

Is there a block on any submarines attempting to enter Truk Lagoon (RSRDC) - three times at different access points and every time CRASH! Back to desktop.

I am in Drum. :down:

Lexandro 08-19-14 10:23 AM

Dunno mate I had a similar issue with RSRDC on a photo mission near new guinea, entering the shallows near the harbour area make me CTD. And leaving the area through the shallows also makes it CTD. I was also in USS Drum too btw.

adrians69 08-19-14 11:18 AM

Must be just that vessel. I have just done a raid on Truk Harbour and sailed right up to the front door (submerged of course). No problems at all in Tambor Class

Adrian

Red Devil 08-19-14 11:31 AM

OK, I reopened save outside Truk, and bypassed it, no problem

merc4ulfate 08-19-14 02:40 PM

Since you did not list your mods I'm going to assume you have added a mod that changes ships in someway and that while the ships are populating and can not find the data they need and your game crashes.

I have never had trouble entering Truk

I have not entered Truk

I have not sank the Yamato there nor a Carrier and every ship laying at anchor.

I have not done these things sam I am I would not do them watching through cam

Do not go there sam I am ... Admirals scolds you for such plans so careful careful sam I am.

:arrgh!::arrgh!::arrgh!::arrgh!::arrgh!::arrgh!:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=7546

========================

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Ship Physics_1.1
Real Subs
EAXsoundsim_without_WebstersManeuver_STOCK_GFO_OM

Armistead 08-19-14 04:13 PM

yea, your mods should help...never had any issues with truk with rsrd. are you using the rsrd patch?

nothing to see inside there anyway....right merc..

Red Devil 08-19-14 06:20 PM

RSRD incl patch 1
TMO 5_2
Pacific Sound mod
Websters Selected newSound
FJB Maps
Web better waterline colours
Webs eliminate plankton
Webs reduced radio traffic
Webs smaller rain
Webs deck gun improvement (rubbish - on the grounds of reality and states its for fun in the readme)
New Depth Charges

Red Devil 08-20-14 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armistead (Post 2234824)
yea, your mods should help...never had any issues with truk with rsrd. are you using the rsrd patch?

nothing to see inside there anyway....right merc..

yep

Webster 08-20-14 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 2234853)
RSRD incl patch 1
TMO 5_2
Pacific Sound mod
Websters Selected newSound
FJB Maps
Web better waterline colours
Webs eliminate plankton
Webs reduced radio traffic
Webs smaller rain
Webs deck gun improvement (rubbish)
New Depth Charges

show some class and please don't insult my mod by calling it rubbish just because you didn't read the read me :nope:, the mod does exactly what the read me says it does and if you don't like it then please don't use it but please don't go around insulting a perfectly good mod for doing exactly what it says it will do.

you installed a mod that makes deck gun reload times faster then call it rubbish because the reload times are faster then stock :hmm2: what did you expect. and its called "upgraded deck gun" not "improved deck gun"

are you going to call every mod that is not to your own personal taste rubbish just because it doesnt suit you or you were too lazy to read the read me?

Red Devil 08-20-14 01:57 PM

slow down eh? Would you rather I lied? You are a very good mod maker and I am currently using at least a half dozen. This particular one is, in my opinion, rubbish, because it detracts from that which most sub drivers in here crave - accuracy. Thats all. As a mod in itself, its just as good as all your others.

Yes, its my fault I loaded it into the files manually, yes its my fault that I probably didnt read the readme text, but I still think its rubbish. Why do I think its rubbish, because of the 1500 odd shells which no sub would have had the room to carry.

Webster 08-20-14 04:20 PM

since you obviously STILL haven't read the read me let me show it to you and highlight the important parts you have such a hard time understanding.

WEBSTER's Upgraded Deck Gun for v1.4 and v1.5
----------------------------------------------------------------
First off, yes there have been simular mods done before but this is my version.
this is for those of you who are not looking for realism, but if you want to have some fun using the deck gun. i also added a lot of ammo and added a little more fire power to the shells while i was at it.
this is not a super guns mod but it does let you fire a shell every 2 seconds instead of the stock 4-5 second firing rate.
your deck gun
shells will now sink an undamaged merchant ship after hitting it with an average of 20 shells.

there are two versions to choose from:
"WEBSTER's Upgraded Deck Gun v1" eliminates all crew fatigue
"WEBSTER's Upgraded Deck Gun v2" makes no changes to crew fatigue
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod will increase the damage caused by your deck gun shells by increasing the shells effective strength (explosive impact) and i also increased all the shell speeds to 1000 from where they were originally set at 3.50 @ 823, 4.50 @ 884, and 5.25 @ 800 so you should have a little less droop or downward angle.
shell reload times are now set at 2 seconds for faster firing rate, the original stock setting was set at 4 seconds.
you now have a much larger ammo reserve so you wont run out during your mission.
i have increased all of the AA guns ammo reserves as well but left the effective strength of them alone.
v2 of this mod also eliminates crew fatigue so you dont have to bother with crew management but if you dont want crew fatigue changed then just delete the cfg folder before you use the mod.
this mod works fine for stock v1.4 and v1.5
use at your own risk but i dont think there should be any issues with other mods.
enjoy! WEBSTER

Red Devil 08-21-14 01:58 AM

thanks Webby, as I said No I didnt read it. But no slight on you, thats the main thing, I think you are a talented modder. :know:

Jimbuna 08-21-14 06:22 AM

Looks like a line has been drawn under this thus bringing it to an end....thanks.

I've always believed in the principle of using a mod if I like it or not using it should I feel it unworthy of installation (for whatever reason).

Nothing wrong with stating an opinion but if and when it borders on insults then matters soon escalate into the need for a moderators involvement.

Fair winds and following seas.

Red Devil 08-21-14 06:27 AM

My 'rubbish' quote was purely on the grounds of reality and because I DID not read the readme.txt

Red Devil 08-21-14 06:28 AM

Jimbo, if you wish the relevant posts removed, please do