SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   SH3 Commander for SH4 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211734)

Bubble Head 03-05-14 09:53 PM

SH3 Commander for SH4

Hellow,

Sorry if this has been answered before but after a bit of searching both on our benevolent overlord google and on the forum search I am yet to find a satisfactory answer.

Is there anything similar to SH3 Commander for SH4?

If so - can anyone point me in the direction of it please.

I dearly miss a tool such as this, now I have made the transition.

Thanks! :ahoy:

ReallyDedPoet 03-05-14 10:45 PM

No there is not. But there is this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194635

Bubble Head 03-09-14 10:14 PM

Quite frustrating really - I feel the quality and breadth of mods that were available for SH3 really outstrip what is there for SH4.

Found myself going back to old SH3 this week... I mean SH4 looks the bizz.. but its just lacking in the mods and available tools department. I know that SH3 has been around for a lot longer, but still, SH4 seems to have missed the boat a bit in terms of mod development.

And SH5 ... ugh :/\\!! Won't even go there.

TorpX 03-10-14 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble Head (Post 2183967)
Found myself going back to old SH3 this week... I mean SH4 looks the bizz.. but its just lacking in the mods and available tools department. I know that SH3 has been around for a lot longer, but still, SH4 seems to have missed the boat a bit in terms of mod development.

SH4 doesn't have the number of modders SH3 does.

Personally, I blame Das Boot.

:nope:

Admiral Halsey 03-10-14 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble Head (Post 2183967)
Quite frustrating really - I feel the quality and breadth of mods that were available for SH3 really outstrip what is there for SH4.

Shame really. I think the GWX team was supposedly working on their own version of Op Monsun and canceled it when SH5 was announced. Sucks since if they had finished it that might have been just the incentive needed to get some of the SH3 modders to make the switch.

ETR3(SS) 03-10-14 07:50 AM

What torpedoed getting more modders/mods in SH4, was all the bugs from SH3 were carried over (as SH4 is written on top of SH3) and new ones added.

Oh and u boat fanboys will always be u boat fanboys. Try debating the pros vs cons of a Gato vs a U boat and they always seem to throw the ice cream machine at you. :roll:

Admiral Halsey 03-10-14 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2184085)
What torpedoed getting more modders/mods in SH4, was all the bugs from SH3 were carried over (as SH4 is written on top of SH3) and new ones added.

Oh and u boat fanboys will always be u boat fanboys. Try debating the pros vs cons of a Gato vs a U boat and they always seem to throw the ice cream machine at you. :roll:

No offence to the U-Boat fans but the only type of U-Boat i'd take over a Gar-class and beyond is the Type XXI.

Bubble Head 03-10-14 11:32 PM

It's a real pity as you say. I love SH3, really, been playing it for a few years but I really, really love the graphical engine of 4.

Having played SH4 for a few months now - I think I'm finding it hard to fall back in love with the ancient graphics of SH3.

Just with there were some more u-boat dedicated mods out there...

The Opmonsun one is good though.

Admiral Halsey 03-10-14 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble Head (Post 2184354)
It's a real pity as you say. I love SH3, really, been playing it for a few years but I really, really love the graphical engine of 4.

Having played SH4 for a few months now - I think I'm finding it hard to fall back in love with the ancient graphics of SH3.

Just with there were some more u-boat dedicated mods out there...

The Opmonsun one is good though.

I agree the Op Monsun is quite a good mod with one glaring bug. The game breaks after you get a conning tower upgrade. I've been trying to fix it but no luck yet.

Bubble Head 03-10-14 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorpX (Post 2183989)
SH4 doesn't have the number of modders SH3 does.

Personally, I blame Das Boot.

:nope:

By God I love that movie. :rock::rotfl2:

A Soviet Fanboi 05-09-21 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey (Post 2184172)
No offence to the U-Boat fans but the only type of U-Boat i'd take over a Gar-class and beyond is the Type XXI.

I think you should read about Type IXD2 U boat. :03:

les green01 05-16-21 10:27 PM

sh4 just didn't have the love like 3 and i wish someone would make another pacific game sh5 not bad with TWoS i been messing around with the unreal game engine

Gerald 05-17-21 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Soviet Fanboi (Post 2746882)
I think you should read about Type IXD2 U boat. :03:

Do ya realize the fact that you reply on a 7 year's old tread, lol?

Mad Mardigan 05-17-21 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 2748245)
Do ya realize the fact that you reply on a 7 year's old tread, lol?

Ahoy, Gerald... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Just goes to show that there is still, a vested interest in a SHCommander, for SH4.

On a side note.. if I am recalling it correctly, jscones, had looked at doing up 1 for SH4... but.. due to some flak, given them, at the time.. I may have that part interpreted incorrectly or recalling that part wrong.. but at any rate... due to some issue or other, just flat out shelved the whole kit & caboodle.

That, is what I am recalling, off the top of My head.. it has been some time, since I looked at that bit of info. Soooo... My memory may be a bit.. fuzzy on the exact particulars.. so take it with a grain of sea salt, for what it is worth.

Which, to be frank, was a shame... it would have been greatly appreciated had He finished it.. but.. C'est la vie. (think I have that spelled right... :hmmm:)

Hopefully, they (Jscones) will reconsider working on it.. or at the very least, give another who may be able to break SH3Commander down enough, know what's what between SH3 & 4, permission to do so, and.. that subsimmer, being able to put together a working S4 version... :yep:

I, for 1, would very much welcome a SH4Commander for SH4... :yep: :up:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 05-17-21 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2748260)
Ahoy, Gerald... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Just goes to show that there is still, a vested interest in a SHCommander, for SH4.

On a side note.. if I am recalling it correctly, jscones, had looked at doing up 1 for SH4... but.. due to some flak, given them, at the time.. I may have that part interpreted incorrectly or recalling that part wrong.. but at any rate... due to some issue or other, just flat out shelved the whole kit & caboodle.

That, is what I am recalling, off the top of My head.. it has been some time, since I looked at that bit of info. Soooo... My memory may be a bit.. fuzzy on the exact particulars.. so take it with a grain of sea salt, for what it is worth.

Which, to be frank, was a shame... it would have been greatly appreciated had He finished it.. but.. C'est la vie. (think I have that spelled right... :hmmm:)

Hopefully, they (Jscones) will reconsider working on it.. or at the very least, give another who may be able to break SH3Commander down enough, know what's what between SH3 & 4, permission to do so, and.. that subsimmer, being able to put together a working S4 version... :yep:

I, for 1, would very much welcome a SH4Commander for SH4... :yep: :up:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Very doubtful Jaesen will be returning based on info we share on another venue.