SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Hi (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204031)

Scogol 04-27-13 02:35 PM

Hi

Hi,

I recently got on the submarine trip (after I watched Hunt on Red October and Crimson Tide, both really good movies). So I bought SH V last monday. While it has been highly criticized by many, I actually like the ego perspective really much because it greatly improves the atmosphere.
I should say that I'm probably quite a casual player compared to the standard of this community - I just want to drive a sub! :) Still, I'm playing some other realism-oriented sims/games (ArmA III, FSX and my favourite, DCS)
Some questions:
1. Is it worth buying SH IV for a casual player like me? I mean, is it really that different? Will vanilla feel like a downgrade from modded SH V?
2. I tried to donate 5$, but I got confused because it says "Subscription" and "Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will be renewed if you choose. " on the PayPal page. Does that mean I pay 5$ now, and in 6 months my subscription ends and only gets continued if I explicitly say so?

Greetings
Scogol

von Kinderei 04-27-13 02:47 PM

Wel-come aboard Kaleun ... :arrgh!:

Jimbuna 04-27-13 03:27 PM

Welcome Aboard :salute:

u crank 04-27-13 04:41 PM

Welcome to SubSim Scogol. :salute:

Red October1984 04-27-13 05:19 PM

Hello and Welcome Aboard!

SH4 is my favorite of the Silent Hunter games... All of them are good with mods. :up:

HW3 04-27-13 06:17 PM

Welcome aboard!

:subsim:

ReallyDedPoet 04-27-13 07:29 PM

Welcome !

Onkel Neal 04-27-13 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scogol (Post 2048004)
Hi,

I recently got on the submarine trip (after I watched Hunt on Red October and Crimson Tide, both really good movies). So I bought SH V last monday. While it has been highly criticized by many, I actually like the ego perspective really much because it greatly improves the atmosphere.
I should say that I'm probably quite a casual player compared to the standard of this community - I just want to drive a sub! :) Still, I'm playing some other realism-oriented sims/games (ArmA III, FSX and my favourite, DCS)
Some questions:
1. Is it worth buying SH IV for a casual player like me? I mean, is it really that different? Will vanilla feel like a downgrade from modded SH V?
2. I tried to donate 5$, but I got confused because it says "Subscription" and "Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will be renewed if you choose. " on the PayPal page. Does that mean I pay 5$ now, and in 6 months my subscription ends and only gets continued if I explicitly say so?

Greetings
Scogol

Hey buddy, welcome to the site.

I believe the way it works (someone correct me if I am wrong), when you make the donation, if you do nothing else, in 6 months (or a year or 2 years, depending on the membership level you choose), Paypal will send you a reminder stating that the subscription will renew. You have time to cancel it if you choose and your forum account will go back to a non-subscriber.

Hey, thanks for giving me a chance to clear it up. :salute:

Neal

BossMark 04-28-13 12:37 AM

A very warm welcome Scogol :salute::salute:

Valentino 04-28-13 06:10 AM

Welcome Scogol !

fitzcarraldo 04-28-13 04:00 PM

Welcome to SUBSIM!!!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Scogol 04-29-13 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 2048187)
Hey buddy, welcome to the site.

I believe the way it works (someone correct me if I am wrong), when you make the donation, if you do nothing else, in 6 months (or a year or 2 years, depending on the membership level you choose), Paypal will send you a reminder stating that the subscription will renew. You have time to cancel it if you choose and your forum account will go back to a non-subscriber.

Hey, thanks for giving me a chance to clear it up. :salute:

Neal

Thanks. That cleared my worries. :)