SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Email notification of messages (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=188456)

Jimbuna 10-05-11 10:15 AM

Email notification of messages

I'm no longer receiving email notifications of messages....anyone else?

AVGWarhawk 10-05-11 10:28 AM

I only get notifications if someone hits the big red report post button. :hmmm:

Jimbuna 10-05-11 10:35 AM

I mean the instant email notification finction in the messaging and notification section of your User CP....it's nearly 18 hours since I've received an email and there must have been dozens of contributions to the posts I'm subscribed to.

AVGWarhawk 10-05-11 10:38 AM

I'm not sure. I have not used this function before.

Jimbuna 10-05-11 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1761336)
I'm not sure. I have not used this function before.

I'm suprised....it certainly isn't my email server then because I've sent a test email from one account to the one I use here and it came straight through.

I'll contact Neal

AVGWarhawk 10-05-11 11:49 AM

There is a reason I do not use this function. I read well over 150 emails a day for work alone. If FEMA is active I can get an excess of 350+ emails a day. One less email in my inbox across all my email addresses is a blessing!

I think it is technology overload.

Jimbuna 10-05-11 12:13 PM

LOL :DL

AVGWarhawk 10-05-11 12:17 PM

Lets look at it. Current email addresses:

Personal/Verizon
Work email
Gmail for my HTC (need it to set up the phone)
Yahoo for fantasy football

It gets crazy before long!

Jimbuna 10-05-11 12:29 PM

I must be honest and admit to having a few but there are only three I now use regularly and two of them are Hotmail addresses.

AVGWarhawk 10-05-11 12:38 PM

I use two regularly and the others exist because I was required to create an account to use a service. It gets silly after a while.

Jimbuna 10-05-11 03:32 PM

Agreed...but I'm still not getting email notifications.

Sailor Steve 10-05-11 05:59 PM

I only have one email address, and I turned my notifications off, at least from Subsim.

Reece 10-05-11 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1761386)
There is a reason I do not use this function. I read well over 150 emails a day for work alone. If FEMA is active I can get an excess of 350+ emails a day. One less email in my inbox across all my email addresses is a blessing!

I think it is technology overload.

How do you get any work done?:o

AVGWarhawk 10-05-11 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1761724)
How do you get any work done?:o

I manage. Outlook allows each conversation to be grouped together. This helps keep it straight. It is not unusual to have several (5-6) conversations going on at one at the height of relief efforts. It is multi-tasking at it's best. Most times I'm posting here at the same time posting as well. :DL It is not unusual to have 1000+ emails over a day to two days span working relief. I handle it by subject matter for the email. Tasks are assigned a number such as 11-xxx. 11 being the year and the XXX number being the task. This is used in the subject matter for the email. Anyone I work with over emails is told to use this task number for the subject matter. It is a huge help in keeping it straight. So if I get a email it is grouped with correct task and conversation. Much easier to dig up the email 2 months after the fact if information is needed. Yes, I have emails as far back as Katrina!

Onkel Neal 10-08-11 12:02 AM

It just occured to me, I am getting email notifs, no apparent interruption for them.

Restarted the server, let me know if that helps. If not, you may want to try switching to a different email address.