SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Hi chaps, now where the heck was I? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176180)

Aces 10-18-10 04:00 AM

Hi chaps, now where the heck was I?

Hi folks,

Apologies for not being around. I'm over my chest infection now but have been unable to work on my PC because my monitor failed about a week ago. I had already arranged to have last week off on leave to catch up on things and have a rest but hadn't planned for my monitor to pack up. I'm back at work today and able to post this message but I can't affiord a new monitor till next month as we've just had to pay out a hefty maintenance charge on out flat :(.

I think I'll go for a widescreen when I can.

My thanks to all who have sent me messages concerning my health.

Kind regards

Aces

Jimbuna 10-18-10 05:40 AM

Good to see you come back to the surface http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

Magic1111 10-18-10 05:41 AM

Hi my Friend !

It´s good to hear from you ! :yeah: We missed you in the Forum !!!

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

Borgneface 10-18-10 06:29 AM

Hello Magic 111,
Good to see you are better. Nothing worse than helath problems!!

Welcome back to HQ

Amicalement.

Hans Witteman 10-18-10 07:21 AM

Hi Aces,

I know to what it like having health problem hope you get well fast mate:up:

In life the only think that scare me to death is reincarnation:har:

Best regards Hans

Hitman 10-18-10 08:05 AM

It's always nice to hear someone solved his health problems and is back full speed ahead :up:

Re-wellcome! :yeah:

Magic1111 10-18-10 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borgneface (Post 1516944)
Hello Magic 111,

...you mean ACES...;)

Fubar2Niner 10-18-10 08:33 AM

@Aces

Welcome back aboard shipmate, glad your back to health:salute: Bit of a bugger about the monitor tho mate :down:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Aces 10-18-10 09:13 AM

Thanks guys,

Yes, I could do without the monitor breaking down. I've got my eyes on a 2ms 23 inch widescreen LG monitor but will have to wait until after the end of the month (pay day) until then I can only post from work.

I guess I'll have fun getting SH3 to run in widescreen, the native resolution of the proposed monitor is 1920x1080 (HD res) and I'd like to run at that res for my film making work.

Best regards.

Aces

nemo7 10-18-10 10:03 AM

Good to have you back, matey...:DL

Philipp_Thomsen 10-18-10 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aces (Post 1517035)
Thanks guys,

Yes, I could do without the monitor breaking down. I've got my eyes on a 2ms 23 inch widescreen LG monitor but will have to wait until after the end of the month (pay day) until then I can only post from work.

I guess I'll have fun getting SH3 to run in widescreen, the native resolution of the proposed monitor is 1920x1080 (HD res) and I'd like to run at that res for my film making work.

Best regards.

Aces

I don't think its possible to run SH3 at full HD.
I've tried everything here, but got squat. Since theres no GUI for full HD yet.

By the way, glad you managed to solve you're issues. Good to see u back! :salute:

Borgneface 10-18-10 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 1517014)
...you mean ACES...;)

:hmmm:...I need to solve my eyesight problems..;sorry for that§:yep:

Borgneface

Aces 10-19-10 10:10 AM

Thanks for the info Thomsen. I'd actually settle for any 16:9 ratio as it'd be in proportion to my other captured video.

Kind Regards

Aces

Herr-Berbunch 10-19-10 10:22 AM

If you can't wait till pay day, and can travel, I have (several) 17" LCD monitors (4:3) that need a home. :D

Mind you it'd probably cost you the price of a new monitor to get here (Lincs.) and back. :yep: PM if you're interested though.

Aces 10-24-10 06:04 AM

Hi mate,

Thank you for your very kind offer but I don't have any transport.

I just took delivery of my new monitor and need to start tweaking my games for widescreen.

Cheers

Aces