SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH V Previews (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155174)

Brag 08-20-09 04:18 PM

SH V Previews

This was provided by V.C. Sniper:

IGN: Silent Hunter V Preview

Kapitan_Phillips 08-20-09 04:21 PM

Quote:

In Silent Hunter V, you can actually give your orders directly to your officers and they relay them to the petty officers and the rest of the crew. So, if you want to get the torpedoes ready for firing, you talk to your exec and he'll pass it along to the torpedo team.
:o :yeah:

longam 08-20-09 04:26 PM

Quote:

Back on our own sub, you'll notice that you have full freedom of movement. Now you can run around the sub as if you were playing Call of Duty, jumping down off the conning tower and walking up to the bow, or even climbing down into the hatch. Once at the bottom of the ladder, you can actually walk through the entire interior of your sub, stopping to look in the periscope in the command room before moving on past the radio and hydrophone operators to check on things in the torpedo room.
My favorite part.

Brag 08-20-09 04:27 PM

It looks like our Bucharesties have been working on this long enough to give a demo!

Well done, guys. :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

ajrimmer42 08-20-09 04:27 PM

It sounds bloody brilliant :rock:

GoldenRivet 08-20-09 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brag (Post 1155233)
It looks like our Bucharesties have been working on this long enough to give a demo!

Well done, guys. :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

only question i have is when do we get a demo :D

Iron Budokan 08-20-09 08:50 PM

Sounds awesome. :yeah:

Sledgehammer427 08-20-09 10:57 PM

sounds friggin incredible!

and the little battle they play out in the review is EPIC!

Armistead 08-20-09 11:07 PM

Just read it. See some things I like and some things I don't. Sure hope we can cut off a lot of the arcade tools. I don't need a flood meter showing me how fast a ship I hit is sinking...I'm not on that ship, I shouldn't have that info. Several things like that....arcade playing, not my style.

Didn't like losing morale for giving orders...Shouldn't lose morale for doing something a skipper does constantly. Should lose morale for damage, ect...same as 4., not giving orders.

But saw many things I liked, just pray this isn't going to be an arcade game where all info shows.

dcb 08-21-09 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armistead (Post 1155432)
Didn't like losing morale for giving orders... Shouldn't lose morale for doing something a skipper does constantly. Should lose morale for damage, not giving orders.

Absolutely right. What about those long (and realistic) patrols when you find no target, that happened so frequently IRL? After two weeks of unsuccessful patrol the crew will mutiny, if you find no target to reload the 'morale bar'?
I hope they won't repeat the huge mistake of fatigue bars in SH3.

Armistead 08-21-09 03:16 AM

Well, I was very positive about the game until I read the review. It seems it's a watered down arcade game like so many others, where you see all the info of both sides. I just hope options cuts all of this kiddy crap off.

caymanlee 08-21-09 03:58 AM

"Walking around"-----------two words for this idea:F--King great!:salute::yeah:

Dowly 08-21-09 04:13 AM

Awesome!!!!! :rock:

I love the freedom of movement, that was something they marketed SHIII with, great to see we finally get it in this scale. :yeah:

Dowly 08-21-09 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armistead (Post 1155487)
I just hope options cuts all of this kiddy crap off.

I'm sure of that. :03:

LiveGoat 08-21-09 04:45 AM

The only way this game could turn me on more is if it came with boobs and a working Hoo-Ha.

I do hope that the morale thing can be switched off in option. I don't want to spend the whole patrol patting my crew on the butt just to get them to function at normal efficiency.