SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   External camera cannot follow aircraft? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151092)

crazypete 04-25-09 08:47 PM

External camera cannot follow aircraft?

Hey fellow captains....I've done a few searches and looked around but I cannot seem to figure out why I cannot select aircraft with my external camera using . and , . It works with ships and my sub just fine.

I miss this from SH3 as it was much more entertaining to watch planes on their attack runs.

Do I need to do something to enable this?

Sailor Steve 04-27-09 11:44 AM

Nope, they disabled it for SH4. If there's a mod that makes it work I'd love to know, but don't count on it.:wah:

crazypete 04-27-09 12:04 PM

Thanks, dude!

This is what I suspected and its kind of daft considering the much better aircraft models. Plus....I dont know about you guys, but I can never see the incoming aircraft unless I see them externally first.

Oh well....lets hope the modding community re-enables this in the next big "grey wovles" expansion.

SteamWake 04-27-09 12:11 PM

Not aware of any 'Grey Wolve' expansion for SH4.

Never spent too much time watching the aircraft honestly Im usually diving and running for my life :rotfl:

crazypete 04-27-09 12:21 PM

I love aircraft!

I buy the best AA weapons and load up a full crew of crack gunnery experts jingling with medals to improve their efficiency and watch the planes just rain down from the sky.

It's just not as fulfilling watching a distant plane hurtling torwards the water as watching them get shot down from a chase camera!

Akula4745 05-24-09 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteamWake (Post 1091551)
Not aware of any 'Grey Wolve' expansion for SH4.

Never spent too much time watching the aircraft honestly Im usually diving and running for my life :rotfl:

I'm with you, SW!!! It would be nice to get closer to the planes tho... with the external camera only! LOL

Kipparikalle 05-31-09 11:30 AM

Yeah, it would be good to have that external view for aircrafts too.
As for the aircrafts, the brighter tracers are really helping me shooting the planes down. Already have destroyed ALL planes that have attacked me.

sergbuto 06-05-09 01:58 PM

My guess is that external camera has been enabled only for sea units in SH4 because of the camera bug for land units in SH3.

My other guess is that might be hidden in .ACT files. Provided the corresponding section is found, one can compare it with that of SH3 using hex-editor and maybe bring back the possiblity to fix the external camera on planes, etc.

RICH12ACE 07-27-09 08:46 AM

i miss this to! when you put out a plane to spy with a waypoint in 1.5 you can not see it.:o