SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   New IL2 Birds Of Prey trailer (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144103)

Falkirion 11-06-08 09:49 PM

New IL2 Birds Of Prey trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42465.html

Get it while its hot.:sunny:

Dowly 11-06-08 10:01 PM

Arcadish or not, it looks and sounds stunning. :yep:

Task Force 11-06-08 10:02 PM

Yea like dowly said, looks great.:yep:

FIREWALL 11-06-08 10:47 PM

It will look even better at $ 14.99. :yep:

edit: This is the first i've heard about it.

baggygreen 11-06-08 11:08 PM

I really hope that some of those arcade options are, for want of a better word, removeable.

Although I'm sure they won't help me get a kill when I play online!!!

FIREWALL 11-07-08 12:42 AM

I don't get it. Usually something new in a Sim comes out and you can hardly get a word in edgewise.

Now no one gives a shet. What gives ?

I can only guess the flight sim part of this website is on the decline and will have a slow but sure death . :dead:

Sorry to see this happen.

Kptlt. Neuerburg 11-07-08 01:57 AM

It looks really good and seems like the got some of the sound right this time. In away its also kind of like a better graphic version of CFS3. But I'd still buy it.:yep:

FIREWALL 11-07-08 02:27 AM

I think this simis somebodys joke or Dream

1. No Price

2. No Release Date

3. No Link for #1 & #2

HunterICX 11-07-08 03:45 AM

its a console game, so nice for the kids to play.
but if your a flightsimmer...dont expect much from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL
I don't get it. Usually something new in a Sim comes out and you can hardly get a word in edgewise.

Now no one gives a shet. What gives ?

I can only guess the flight sim part of this website is on the decline and will have a slow but sure death . :dead:

Sorry to see this happen.

Well for the flightsim market there aint much released lateley, at least nothing big -

SoW: BoB - WIP (its about time Oleg throwed a big bone ''in-game video footage'' instead of these chicken bones)
Rise of Flight - WIP

the flightsim section isnt dying, its perhaps quiet and the only ones posting around here are the hardcore flightsimmers. Every forum part has its ups and downs.

HunterICX

Kptlt. Neuerburg 11-07-08 12:46 PM

Hunter are you positive that the new IL-2 game is just for console? I swore that I saw it was for PC as well. Quick edit there is a spot under the trailer that says that its for PC, PS3, XBOX360.

FIREWALL 11-07-08 12:55 PM

Everything in the IL2 series I've bought at Gamespot for $19.99. Includeing IL2 1946

If IL2 1946 was the best of his last example.

That's all he can expect out of my pocket.:yep:

Olaf ain't Silent Hunter and won't get SH prices.:yep:

HunterICX 11-07-08 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg
Hunter are you positive that the new IL-2 game is just for console? I swore that I saw it was for PC as well. Quick edit there is a spot under the trailer that says that its for PC, PS3, XBOX360.

Just came to notice that myself, I stand corrected
but this must be a last development then:hmm:
as when it first was anounced it would be for the Consoles.
but still I stick to 1946 and not going to get near of BoP, I suspect you get a ported over from the console version.
this is the chicken bone they throw in between the 2 big steaks (IL2:1946 to Storm of War) out of own experience with these ''in between games'' I skip this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL
Olaf ain't Silent Hunter and won't get SH prices.:yep:

Olaf? ...wait...that aint water you're drinking am I correct?;)

HunterICX

TarJak 11-07-08 04:48 PM

Even if it is on the PC it's still just a port of the console game and therefore it will be an arcade shooter that has only passing interest to anyone who prefers simulations.

ShalashakaDS 11-15-08 09:35 PM

They are planing to release it for consoles and pc. What ive read on other game sites is that they are planing on a more arcade version for the consoles while the pc version will be like the original il2 with the level of realism being adjustable as the player wishes.

Task Force 11-15-08 09:48 PM

I wonder if this is similar to what that SOW-battle of britian is gona look like. (graphicaly ofcourse.):-?