SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Wierd TDC bug (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134663)

lucky-hendrix 04-07-08 04:28 AM

Wierd TDC bug

I've got a really huge bug with my TDC on all germans submarine, when i'm calculating the AOB , speed , distance (even bearing )of the target it doesn't update on the TDC ,it's awefull :damn: plz help me !

Hitman 04-07-08 07:53 AM

It doesn't update...? :hmm:

What does that mean? german TDC has no position keeper, unlike the US TDC. In the german TDC the continuous update of the solution happens when you move the scope/UZO to follow the target. If the TDC is not switched to input manually the values, the solution will be updated to wherever your optics look at :ping: Does that make sense to you and help explaining the problem?

Zantham 04-07-08 10:39 AM

Are you using the dials on the Attack Map screen to manually input the data, or the notepad on the periscope screen to calculate it?

Rockin Robbins 04-07-08 11:35 AM

This shows....

That the first thing that has to be determined on a bug claim is what is bugged, the program or the complainer? In this case it is a clear case of a person calling "bug" without exercising due diligence. What a waste of time and space!

Folks, there are enough real problems to check out without ignorance being added to the list. Use the search function. Learn about what you want to cry about. If you have a question, how about asking it rather than crying wolf and looking stupid? It isn't that hard, and it isn't too much to ask.

lucky-hendrix 04-07-08 11:59 AM

I'm sorry ,i do what i can but english isn't my native language , so i've got difficulties to explain my problem.

When I am in periscope view collecting data, i press the little V sign when i'm OK with the data.But then if I go to the attack map the Dial doesn't show the info i've entred in the notepad , the speed is stuck on 0 ,distance stuck on 500m and AOB is always the same than bearing.I've tryed to enter manaually the info by pressing the button on attack map and then switching the dial to the desired number but it's not enough accurate and lot of my torpedoes misses.

i've got another problem may-be related the bearing on the scale just above the periscope (and UZO) isn't the same that is shown bellow notedpad

i hope you'll understand

because i maked all forum i know without any answer.

Rockin Robbins 04-07-08 12:03 PM

OK, now we have a question! Thank you!

Now I have a specific question to work on. I know the answer is related to the German system of locking the periscope to the TDC. On the attack screen there is a red button that locks and unlocks manual input. That's the key here. Tell us if you have any problems after you play with that.

lucky-hendrix 04-07-08 12:24 PM

already done wheter the button is activated or disactivated , the data won't come from notepad to TDC

Hitman 04-07-08 02:29 PM

What's your mother language? May someone can help you better in your language :yep:

Quote:

When I am in periscope view collecting data, i press the little V sign when i'm OK with the data.But then if I go to the attack map the Dial doesn't show the info i've entred in the notepad , the speed is stuck on 0 ,distance stuck on 500m and AOB is always the same than bearing.I've tryed to enter manaually the info by pressing the button on attack map and then switching the dial to the desired number but it's not enough accurate and lot of my torpedoes misses.
Hummmm let's see if this solves the problem:

1) Ensure you are playing with manual TDC, and not automatic

2) Each time you collect data (Distance, AOB, Speed) you press the "V", but you must remember to press AGAIN the "V" in the main notepad sheet (The one where you see ALL data, speed, range, AOB) to send it all to the TDC :yep: Otherwise it stays in the notepad, but the TDC doesn't get updated.

lucky-hendrix 04-08-08 07:08 AM

OMG that's it , i always forgoten the V button on the notepad 'main page' :damn:

I must be one of the silliest submariner ever,I've played too long SHIII I was used it.

So thank you to everybody and sorry for this waste of time :smug:

Good hunt & god speed

(my native language is french ,I'm belgian)

Hitman 04-08-08 07:12 AM

No waste of time at all, helping someone is always well-employed time :up:

Enjoy the game and ask any other questions you have :ping:

Rockin Robbins 04-08-08 08:17 AM

Hitman

He shoots! He scores! Great job Hitman!:up: Sorry I misunderstood your first post, lucky-hendrix. I thought you were bemoaning no position keeper in a U-Boat. How wrong I was!:oops:

Wilcke 04-08-08 09:18 AM

Another happy customer!:up: Does he get a free gift, come on guys at least a coupon for a free meal!