SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   mission problem (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132407)

vivieehk 03-06-08 03:34 AM

mission problem

My mission is to Intercept and destroy a convy before it reaches destination in Ormara X. but i never see the convy passby or shown in the map.... it almost passed a month. From september to October 1943....

As only 40% fuel left and a lot of planes searching in the area of Ormara coast. What can i do? Return to base without the mission done? or keep waiting @@

SuperCavitation 03-06-08 12:18 PM

I had one where I had to intercept a convoy on it's way to an Australian port. Once I got down the west coast of the continent, an icon of a ship with a star on it (aka an objective star) appeared in the south-southwest.

Unfortunately, I was damaged severely in an air bombing and limped home without making contact. But the objective did appear once I got close enough to the area.

green_abobo 08-13-09 01:29 AM

i feel your pain. and yes there are a ton of "birds" trying to take a dump on me while i'm looking for this freaking convoy.

been at it for a few months of game time and a few restless nights of real time.(stock game w/ das boot voices)

my particular convoy is supposed to be intercepted before it reaches a place called tamatave,which i have never heard of in my life.

i know where it is on the map,its near madacascar.(indian ocean fleet)

i've tried circling the island completely and still haven't found this elusive "red star" objective indicator.

when i do the limey bastards are so gonna pay.

anyone know the sort of whereabouts to this specific convoy?

i'd appreciate it muchly.

good luck to us...:damn:

captgeo 08-13-09 11:51 AM

It starts about mid way on the south end of Australia, and bee lines it for Africa, I gave up trying to catch it in stock and I dont bother with stock anymore and have OM MOD.

green_abobo 08-13-09 08:29 PM

you mean the tamatave convoy? i had a feeling it may be further south than i was looking...

when i can handle 100% realism on stock,then i will try tmo or rfb...

thanks for the tip though...:yep:

captgeo 08-14-09 08:53 AM

Youre welcome

green_abobo 08-14-09 12:32 PM

tonite i focused my search near tamatave. no go

later today i will try around australia. maybe i'll scare it out of it's hidey-hole.

it is just a regular convoy and not a task force right?

thanks again.

green_abobo 08-15-09 02:17 AM

bah!

you can just finish and end patrol w/o taking out the convoy.

i feel sad.

feel free to delete this thread.

thanks to those that tried to help.:rock:

captgeo 08-15-09 07:45 AM

It is a task force as far as I know.