SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   IL2 1946 File Modification Question (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125554)

Stealth Hunter 11-22-07 06:20 PM

IL2 1946 File Modification Question

Sup. I'm back on the boards again. Out with subs, in with planes.

Anywho, I'm looking for a way to disable the parachutes in the game.

I hate it when an enemy bails out and they float safely and merrily down to the ground on silk. Instead, I want a way to turn that off so they'll tumble thousands of feet to their deaths with no hope of a chute to save them! This would also be a challenge for me, and I like that idea.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have an idea on how to turn them off.

Happy Times 11-22-07 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Hunter
Sup. I'm back on the boards again. Out with subs, in with planes.

Anywho, I'm looking for a way to disable the parachutes in the game.

I hate it when an enemy bails out and they float safely and merrily down to the ground on silk. Instead, I want a way to turn that off so they'll tumble thousands of feet to their deaths with no hope of a chute to save them! This would also be a challenge for me, and I like that idea.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have an idea on how to turn them off.

Ok..:roll:

Stealth Hunter 11-22-07 08:43 PM

:nope:

CCIP 11-22-07 09:13 PM

It's not very moddable, I think you can only enable/disable parachutes on certain Japanese planes that historically lacked them, and that's via campaign. I think IL2 DCG (Dynamic Campaign Generator, excellent program for making better random campaigns) has a checkmark for forcing or disabling Japanese parachutes.

Otherwise, haha, I have to ask... who told you it was "floating safely and merrily" down? :o It's not as bad as crashing, especially if you're rescued, sure, but try bailing out over Japanese-held jungle, or on the wrong side of the Eastern Front. Theoretically that may even be worse than crashing :dead:

Stealth Hunter 11-22-07 10:34 PM

Thanks man. I'll check for that program.

As for the "floating down" part, I'll fall to my death before I'm taken prisoner by the enemy. What could be more glorious than to take the great plunge to Earth with no way to save yourself?

Happy Times 11-23-07 06:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks man. I'll check for that program.

As for the "floating down" part, I'll fall to my death before I'm taken prisoner by the enemy. What could be more glorious than to take the great plunge to Earth with no way to save yourself?

Why not go down with your plane and even try to hit something with it.
And no one knows for sure what they will do in real life.
I remember the discussions we had in the Army with my platoon members.
We are in the intelligence/recon branch and we talked about not surrendering to Russians and maybe shooting our own men and ourselfs if needed.
We were 18-21 years old, hope we dont ever have to find out.

Dowly 11-23-07 07:37 AM

Quote:

Tell me that when it's the real deal. :rotfl:

CCIP 11-23-07 02:29 PM

Well, there's two simple solutions.

1) For your own case, unmap the Ctrl+E key shortcut and you won't be able to bail out!

2) For enemy planes, why not turn it into something even more challenging and shoot down not only planes, but pilot chutes also? :know:

Stealth Hunter 11-23-07 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:

Vet of the Iran-Iraq War, didn't fly a plane, but saw and was in the "real deal".

Honestly, it's just a game anyway. Jesus Christ, people.:roll:

Happy Times 11-23-07 11:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:

Vet of the Iran-Iraq War, didn't fly a plane, but saw and was in the "real deal".

Honestly, it's just a game anyway. Jesus Christ, people.:roll:

You were just misunderstood, there are a lot of people that dont realise its just a game and mix it with some twisted wiew of reality.
I apologize, Sir.:)
Now, tell us some real deal stories.:lol:

Dowly 11-24-07 08:41 AM

It is an game!? :o

Biggles 11-24-07 03:55 PM

honestly, I'd never shoot at a parachute. I think that's just.....wrong....:stare:

Stealth Hunter 11-24-07 06:48 PM

Not necessarily. If I knew the person that I was shooting at to be some famous ace, such as Marseille, then I'd shoot his parachute.