SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   So there I was....... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=112982)

longdog499 04-23-07 01:39 PM

So there I was.......

........doodling round the Pacific,enjoying the eye candy,the palm trees,the blue,blue sea,the ships of the Imperial Japanese Navy with people walking around on them:o and I thought,'Am I getting bored with this whole submarine thing?' So for two whole days I wrestle with the idea that maybe it's time to give the undersea war a rest.Perhaps just one more patrol,late 1942 out of Brest with SHIII and GWX.Here I am two days later,I've sunk an American tanker 200 miles southwest of Ireland (I won't sink British ships on principle),:smug: I've been bombed twice,depthcharged four times, buried two crewmen at sea and at the moment I'm caught in the centre of a huge convoy in the middle of a December gale and I've a long way to go to get home.Ah the good old Atlantic.I was just missing it.:yep:

Reece 04-23-07 08:27 PM

Whoops!

You won't sink British ships on principal, but it's ok to sink American ships, what about Australians, gee this could become heated!:roll:

emtmedic005 04-23-07 09:16 PM

If ur not sinking British ships then wat r u sinking, British ships r all over the place, its hard not to run into them.

GoldenRivet 04-23-07 10:07 PM

Kill them all... let God sort them out.

In war one should not make the mistake of singling out the innocent from the guilty.

Kill the men for they fight you now...

kill the children for they will grow to fight you tomorrow...

kill the women for they only breed new warriors...

Burn their cities to the ground

Till their soil with salt and oil

Erase all sign of their culture from the earth

SINK THEM ALL!! :rock:

Spytrx 04-24-07 03:28 AM

What a paradox - doesn't shoot on Brits because he's Welsh but plays a German Nazi Sub captain... yup - logic pure :smug:

P_Funk 04-24-07 04:58 AM

What about Canadian ships? :D

danlisa 04-24-07 05:08 AM

....and I suppose that if a Revenge class should happen across your path that you'll just wave it on.:hmm:

I DON'T THINK SO
The phrase is, 'Sink 'em all' for good reason.:arrgh!:

Besides what did the British ever do for the Welsh.
(Except maybe bundle them all in one corner.)

:rotfl::rotfl:

P_Funk 04-24-07 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa

:rotfl::rotfl:

Isn't that what they did to half the middle east?

And my family came from Scotland, a land conquered by Wankers. :rotfl:I say sink 'em all! And do it in a quilt too! LOCH MOY!

Spytrx 04-24-07 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa

Correct me if I am wrong, but that was the work of the Vikings/Normans, no?

longdog499 04-24-07 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spytrx
What a paradox - doesn't shoot on Brits because he's Welsh but plays a German Nazi Sub captain... yup - logic pure :smug:

S'right.If I could narrow it down to ships out of Cardiff my tonnages would be a lot better but as of yet there's no Dragon flag modded and anyway I wouldn't want to risk sinking anything out of Liverpool.I love Scousers.Oh and Aussies and Canadians but not those bloody New Zealanders!!! Nothing personal against Americans mind isn't it? But well I gotta sink somebody or whats the point? I'd just be sailing around like GreenPeace and also we've gotta remember 1776 and 1812.:yep:

Madox58 04-24-07 10:31 AM

Ohhhh!! Don't make us Yanks pull out the
willotree switches and whoop behind!
AGAIN!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Spytrx 04-24-07 02:16 PM

1812 - you mean when the Prussians defeated Napoleon at Waterloo? :know:

Sailor Steve 04-24-07 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenRivet
Kill them all... let God sort them out.

Interesting background to that phrase.

It was during the Albigensian Crusade, in 1209, during the seige of Beziers. The commander of the beseiging army asked the local bishop, Arnaud-Amaury, he was told "Kill them all. God will know his own." They did. The crusaders slaughtered nearly everyone in town, over 20,000, either burned or clubbed to death. The number of heretics in the town was estimated at around 200.

Quote:

1812 - you mean when the Prussians defeated Napoleon at Waterloo? :know:

No, he means when the US went to war against Britain over the question of impressment of American sailors. The British basically won the war, but the US scored several outstanding naval victories in one-on-one frigate battles.

Spytrx 04-25-07 04:11 AM

learnt something new there :know:
and I also was reminded by my daughter that the Battle of Waterloo wasin 1815, not 12... :oops: (well, it was before my time :p)

Woof1701 04-25-07 05:41 AM

Quote:

learnt something new there :know:
and I also was reminded by my daughter that the Battle of Waterloo wasin 1815, not 12... :oops: (well, it was before my time :p)

And before her's as well unless you're living in a Time Paradox :rotfl: