SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Real Medals v1.01 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=109864)

fullmetaledges 03-30-07 12:50 AM

[REL] Real Medals v1.01

v1.01
-----
Changed crew awards as well as awards order.

Changes to menu.txt

5150=Medals
5151=Purple Heart
5152=Bronze Star
5153=Silver Star
5154=Navy Distinguished Service Medal
5155=Navy Cross
5156=Medal of Honor

NOTES:
Since to date we have not found the file that lists the criteria for awarding the medals. I have changed the order that the medals are displayed and it seems that the game is handing out the correct medals for the correct reasons. I know that the purple heart is only for wounded personel but there is nothing I can do about that at this time. I also know that the Navy Distuinguished service medals was only awarded to admirals and generals but for now I'm using it.

Any problems let me know

btw I know the crew awards arn't aligned, no matter what I did they came out like that.

http://files.filefront.com//;7075422;;/

Tigrone 03-30-07 01:13 AM

No problems.

I will never understand why the developers made it so hard.

Well done you. Don't worry about having the exact ones, these will work fine. They are real US decorations at least and in a reasonable order. This is a thousand times better then the Craker Jack junk they had.

I cannot figure out were they stuck the criteria. It was so simple and out in the open in SH3. We'll have to see how they set the policies for awards.

Lukemb 03-30-07 01:30 AM

Excellent work again. Very well done!
Don't worry, for now this will work great.

When (and if) we will find the criteria for the awards it will be possible to make more changes.

castorp345 03-30-07 04:22 AM

these are great, fullmetal.
many thanks!

for this release (and in the future) would you also please list the changes you've made to menu.txt (in the event that other modifications have been or will need to be done to that file)?

thanks again!!

cheers
hc

fullmetaledges 03-30-07 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castorp345
these are great, fullmetal.
many thanks!

for this release (and in the future) would you also please list the changes you've made to menu.txt (in the event that other modifications have been or will need to be done to that file)?

thanks again!!

cheers
hc

done

castorp345 03-30-07 04:27 AM

whoah!
speedy!!
:D

fullmetaledges 03-30-07 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castorp345
whoah!
speedy!!
:D

spring break haha

Ping Jockey 03-30-07 04:00 PM

Sunk a carrier and was awarded the" Medal of honor". The next patrol I got the "Silver Star" for 53,450 tons of shipping.This works great.:up:

fullmetaledges 03-30-07 04:02 PM

I would like to see the medal of honor requirements tightened up but it will work for now

modisch 03-30-07 04:43 PM

Any chance of replacing the Purple Heart? going on the mechanics of the game, it's just the first "nice job" medal as opposed to dealing with injury in the line of duty. It'd be nice to have something else...

Maybe a good conduct medal? or the legion of merit? Kinda hard to find another medal that is time period appropriate. Perhaps any of our naval/history/military buffs could help pick one.

-m

Bill Nichols 03-30-07 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modisch
Any chance of replacing the Purple Heart? going on the mechanics of the game, it's just the first "nice job" medal as opposed to dealing with injury in the line of duty. It'd be nice to have something else...

Maybe a good conduct medal? or the legion of merit? Kinda hard to find another medal that is time period appropriate. Perhaps any of our naval/history/military buffs could help pick one.

-m

How about simply a pair of dolphins?

clayton 03-30-07 06:52 PM

How about my signature below. The Combat Patrol Insigna! Would be a suitable award for the crew after a patrol.

SharpShin 03-30-07 06:59 PM

Excellent! Thank you for this.

fullmetaledges 03-30-07 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
Quote:

-m

the problem with the dolphins is that the officers and enlisted ones are not the same. The officers were gold colored while the enlisted mans were embroidered on the cuff of there dress uniform

Bill Nichols 03-30-07 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullmetaledges
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
Quote:

-m

the problem with the dolphins is that the officers and enlisted ones are not the same. The officers were gold colored while the enlisted mans were embroidered on the cuff of there dress uniform

Yeah, I know. Nothing's perfect.

But, I like the combat patrol pin even better!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2...nsigniahj3.jpg