SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Anyone experienced with edition menu_1024_768.ini file that can provide some insight? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254652)

MenOfWar 02-01-23 06:11 AM

Anyone experienced with edition menu_1024_768.ini file that can provide some insight?

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get this fixed for myself (and potentially publish then a solution for others facing the same issue): (TMO) Issue with shipping lanes map & radio in 1440p

Long story short, some elements appear outside of the screen when in 1440p resolution because of how the game and mod are coded for smaller screens. I believe this can be easily fixed by repositioning those elements to a different area of the screen so we can easily move them ingame to where we want (we could just default middle for example).

The .ini file contains 2 variables that control this, the `pos=` and the `zone=`. After looking into it, `pos=` influences the values in `zone=`, but I am not sure what exactly they do and how they can be changed/manipulated.

Can anyone share some insight in this? Does `pos=` control both the size of the element and the position it "spawns" in the screen? What are the 4 values in it (first 2 the size and second 2 the screen position based on the center, where center is `0 0` ?)

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

propbeanie 02-01-23 11:11 AM

I wouldn't say "easily fixed", but with perseverance and patience, could be... from the SH4 perspective, zAmboni's Tutorial: Deconstructing the menu_1024_768.ini has the most / best infomarion, but there is another one I am looking for yet... I just happen to have zAmboni's immediately available. A re-sizing of the graphic and parallel changing of the button locations might also help, since the original version of that was sized for a 4:3 analog CRT display, and not a 16:9 LCD - but that would involve much more work than just moving the display location... :arrgh!:

Edit: Still not the one, but possibly useful: The Big Unofficial Guide to menu_1024_768.ini v1.1 from scudder

Edit2: ... and maybe this will have some useful links: KiUB Kriegsmarine Interface for UBm from karamazovnew.

MenOfWar 02-01-23 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2850734)
I wouldn't say "easily fixed", but with perseverance and patience, could be... from the SH4 perspective, zAmboni's Tutorial: Deconstructing the menu_1024_768.ini has the most / best infomarion, but there is another one I am looking for yet... I just happen to have zAmboni's immediately available. A re-sizing of the graphic and parallel changing of the button locations might also help, since the original version of that was sized for a 4:3 analog CRT display, and not a 16:9 LCD - but that would involve much more work than just moving the display location... :arrgh!:

Edit: Still not the one, but possibly useful: The Big Unofficial Guide to menu_1024_768.ini v1.1 from scudder

Edit2: ... and maybe this will have some useful links: KiUB Kriegsmarine Interface for UBm from karamazovnew.

Thank you very much. I'll check these out and put some time into trying out a few things over the next few days