SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Command Keys (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162661)

Sailor Steve 03-01-10 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 1284844)
Oh mang, i downloaded it and was about to use it, but then i noticed you remapped the WASD movement keys.

Using keys other than WASD to walk around is just too foreign to me.

Haven't played many subsims? Arrow keys and Numpad 8/4/6/2 have always been movement keys.

Of course SH3 and SH4 are the only subsims to have movement, and then only with mods, and I'm not so much a gamer as a history buff, so what do I know?:88)

Bilge_Rat 03-01-10 11:45 AM

Good show, just what I need, the default SH5 keys were driving me batty. I keep ordering hard right rudder when all I want to do is to rotate the scope........:arrgh!:

I see quite a few undocumented keys in there also. I wonder why they always leave those out of the game.

gutted 03-01-10 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1285843)
Haven't played many subsims? Arrow keys and Numpad 8/4/6/2 have always been movement keys.

Of course SH3 and SH4 are the only subsims to have movement, and then only with mods, and I'm not so much a gamer as a history buff, so what do I know?:88)

In previous SH's the arrow keys only controlled external camera movement.. which i never used because i didn't have that option enabled.

I've already started remapping controls to my liking.. and WASD is better because there are more buttons around it for other controls. Sure i have to relearn a few controls.. but in the end it's more ergonomic.

You can use your arrow keys and keep moving your hand from one side of the keyboard to the other if you like... but im not. I'm not so stuck on using old SH controls that i can't change.

Michal788 03-01-10 01:40 PM

Is this really working?

J - Deploy Decoys

CCIP 03-01-10 02:26 PM

It is for me. Do you have any decoys on your boat? In early war, you shouldn't :hmmm:

EgoApocalypse 03-01-10 05:06 PM

Glad to be a part of this from the beginning..To see the Mods grow from start.
Joined up not long after SHIV.

Cheers.

CCIP 03-01-10 05:17 PM

Posted another small update (1.02) after noticing that there may be a potential problem for the game in dealing with "Silent Running" and "Battle Stations" keys. Uploaded new file.

ddrgn 03-02-10 12:05 AM

CCIP, can you confirm your return to course command is working.

Thanks

ddrgn 03-02-10 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michal788 (Post 1286093)
Is this really working?

J - Deploy Decoys

Decoys work even without the commands mod. Hit "Y" with a default cfg.

gutted 03-02-10 12:18 AM

hey CCIP, you might want to "re-enable" the keys for moving the scopes. It's a real help when plotting on the mini-map, you can move the scope around with the keys while using the mouse for other things.

I added it to the WASD controls on my end. With Shift for fast, and Ctrl for slow.

Still trying to figure out how to map the hydrophone to A & D instead of Home & End. There doesn't seem to be any commands listed for it.

gutted 03-02-10 12:23 AM

Also, i'm tryin to figure out how to move the "Ctrl" key's default behaviour of toggling the bottom left UI HUD (to set specific depth and speed) to the now "unused" ALT key. Since i removed the glow, i no longer need ALT.

It's abit wonky to see that UI thing flip back and forth when hitting a command that includes the control key. Not to mention that clicking nose.

ddrgn 03-02-10 12:35 AM

Oh last comment for the night.

Identify ship hot key stills works too.

Highbury 03-02-10 03:02 AM

Thanks CCIP :salute:

gutted 03-02-10 11:55 AM

Just a friendly heads up:

I checked with winmerge to see if commands.cfg file changed with the first patch... and it didn't. My edited version is identical to the one post patch.

CCIP 03-02-10 01:39 PM

Thanks for the note, good to hear. This is still good to go.