SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

CraftelChris 06-12-21 02:19 AM

Short question: Fire

Hey, this is my first post.
I am playing SH3 with GWX and with GWX Enhanced Damage Effects.
Somehow enemy ships are getting sunk, but there is no fire ever. Sometimes you can hear fire inside of the ship. But on the surface of the ship (cargo, crates) I never have fire. Is this normal or a bug?

Jimbuna 06-12-21 06:08 AM

Could you post a few screenshots?

Welcome to SubSim :Kaleun_Salute:

boonie 06-13-21 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonie (Post 2752053)
thanks John, did all the thomson guide and checked the .cfg file.

testing it now

test done, thomson guide worked. tramp steamer only able to move forward slightly from idle under similar condition.

the torp tube behaved as i wished after putting a ';' in front of the 2 parameter u gave.

cheers :Kaleun_Cheers:
there is a small bug with the torpedo tutorial:
1) 2ndary objective cant be completed even after killing all 5 target. but thats sort of negligible.

John Pancoast 06-13-21 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonie (Post 2752296)
test done, thomson guide worked. tramp steamer only able to move forward slightly from idle under similar condition.

the torp tube behaved as i wished after putting a ';' in front of the 2 parameter u gave.

cheers :Kaleun_Cheers:
there is a small bug with the torpedo tutorial:
1) 2ndary objective cant be completed even after killing all 5 target. but thats sort of negligible.

:up:

Thorstein1 06-15-21 10:03 AM

Would be nice if i could install the mod

Would be nice if i could actually install the ****ing mod. says i already have mods installed (Which i dont). fix ur broken intaller. sh5 is more fun so far than this ****e.

John Pancoast 06-15-21 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorstein1 (Post 2752673)
Would be nice if i could actually install the ****ing mod. says i already have mods installed (Which i dont). fix ur broken intaller. sh5 is more fun so far than this ****e.

The installer works fine, especially considering it was created around twelve years ago by a member. It is not broken in any sense of the word.
What version of SH3 do you have ? I.e., steam, dvd, etc. ?

Jeff-Groves 06-15-21 02:34 PM

You need to point the installer to your SH3 directory.
There is a screen that asks that very question!
Try reading each screen and not just clicky clicky!
******g Noobs!
:nope:

Randomizer 06-15-21 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2752724)
You need to point the installer to your SH3 directory.
There is a screen that asks that very question!
Try reading each screen and not just clicky clicky!
******g Noobs!
:nope:

This Forum needs a Like button!

-C

Mad Mardigan 06-15-21 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorstein1 (Post 2752673)

Ahoy, Thorstein1... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Can say that I have had no issues with installing GWX, with either Steam's SH3 nor with Ubi's either... have to wonder if your copy isn't an older disk install.. or if you by chance, did NOT end up installing SH3 into a folder, where it ought NOT be sent to... such as either C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86) as those areas, are under Window's iron fisted grip, & do NOT under any circumstances like any tampering of files there being done. :yep:

1 thing I love is... Gung ho iguana's... that don't bother to read & just jump into trying to stuff things together & then wonder why things have gone south, in a hurry... :06: :doh: :o then blame the mod... NOT judging, just an observation there... have to admit, at 1 time... I too, used to be a neophyte gung ho iguana Myself... but learned early on, to stop being 1. :yep: Still ain't perfect by any means, as I still goof every once in a while, but am not so quick to blame the mods or the maker of them, as I once was...

:timeout:

After taking a deep breath & calming down a bit, can you provide info on just what the source of your SH3 is, where you have it installed by chance there, Thorstein1... then perhaps, it can be sorted out as to what is causing your GWX ills, perhaps... :yep:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Jeff-Groves 06-16-21 05:58 PM

He can't read an install screen.
What makes you think he'll bother to read anything We post?
:/\\!!

Being he's obviously an EXPERT it's all my fault in his narrow minded view.
Good luck getting future help with an attitude like that Buddy!

Ihatethis 06-25-21 03:53 PM

Does SH3 has mod adding dynamic missions from BDU or new mission types? Like some new missions from SH4 or SH5. Multi staged patrols, refuel missions, attack on convoys etc. Or SH5 mission zone imitation. Something besides patrol grid.

Rebel 07-01-21 09:47 AM

thank you

still time to play = rebel july 1 2021

bairdlander 07-01-21 08:17 PM

Did not work

I did fresh install,though my saved games were still there.Pathway was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3.Said mod was installed.Please advise.

bairdlander 07-01-21 08:32 PM

get this message

1 Attachment(s)
Says mod installed

Aktungbby 07-01-21 10:50 PM

Welcome aboard!

bairdlander!:Kaleun_Salute: