SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

propbeanie 07-21-19 08:17 AM

Moving Steam games can get complicated. See their Support Knowledge Base article Moving a Steam Installation and Games for more information. The short story is that creating a new Steam Library folder is easiest, but if you only have a C:\ drive for computing, and the D:\ drive is the system restore and back-up, then you are left with either re-installing your entire Steam Library (which is the next easiest if it is a small library), or doing the 'move' as they describe in that article. No matter which way you go, it will take a while. When I re-did the Steam install on the old laptop, it took most of a day to do the copying, pasting and syncing that was required. Once I had things moved and was logged back into Steam though and syncing, I could walk away from the computer and let it do its thing... that process is basically going to re-install all of the games in your Library, is what it does when you move them... I ended up with "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApss \common \SilentHunter3" when I was finished. Notice also that I removed the spaces in the name "Silent Hunter 3"? I did that for a couple of the mods that require that for their installer routines. :salute:

Capt. Charlie 07-21-19 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2619484)
Moving Steam games can get complicated. See their Support Knowledge Base article Moving a Steam Installation and Games for more information. The short story is that creating a new Steam Library folder is easiest, but if you only have a C:\ drive for computing, and the D:\ drive is the system restore and back-up, then you are left with either re-installing your entire Steam Library (which is the next easiest if it is a small library), or doing the 'move' as they describe in that article. No matter which way you go, it will take a while. When I re-did the Steam install on the old laptop, it took most of a day to do the copying, pasting and syncing that was required. Once I had things moved and was logged back into Steam though and syncing, I could walk away from the computer and let it do its thing... that process is basically going to re-install all of the games in your Library, is what it does when you move them... I ended up with "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApss \common \SilentHunter3" when I was finished. Notice also that I removed the spaces in the name "Silent Hunter 3"? I did that for a couple of the mods that require that for their installer routines. :salute:

I just created another drive "E" and installed it there, installed GWX and it seems to be working!

I've only done one patrol so far, well one after I figured out you have to turn off the Indian Ocean and Black Sea mods to have any ships in the Atlantic lol. Not totally sure how to feel about the mod yet. I like the visuals and control buttons etc. I'm not a big fan of having to ID ships, I know that's more realistic but seems tedious to me. Also, I get radio messages in German, not a fan of my sub icon on the nav map or that big circle thingy. Ship type names are also in German, but I'm watching a youtuber now play with GWX and his ships are showing up in English?

ivanov.ruslan 07-21-19 07:55 PM

if i understand correctly, just change the English language from the game settings and everything should be OK!:Kaleun_Salute:

Capt. Charlie 07-24-19 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan (Post 2619575)
if i understand correctly, just change the English language from the game settings and everything should be OK!:Kaleun_Salute:

I had read that the French Fix mod was a likely culprit and it seemed to be the cause.

Capt. Charlie 07-24-19 09:01 AM

About ready to give up with GWX. It was working reasonably well, only a very few CTD's, but today I started up on a save during a mission, played 30 minutes or so, the CTD. Loaded the game again, and it CTD's after starting the mission for just a couple of minutes playing.

Kurt Dagger 08-18-19 10:12 AM

The problem of the lack of enemy aircraft

Installed this mod all is well, but for some reason there is practically no enemy aircraft for 41 years, but even off the coast of Britain there is no aviation. Please tell me how to fix this?

Aktungbby 08-18-19 11:50 AM

Welcome aboard!

Kurt Dagger!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jeff-Groves 08-18-19 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Dagger (Post 2623271)
Installed this mod all is well, but for some reason there is practically no enemy aircraft for 41 years, but even off the coast of Britain there is no aviation. Please tell me how to fix this?

I'm thinking you enabled the Black Sea or Mediterranean mods?

Kurt Dagger 08-18-19 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2623287)
I'm thinking you enabled the Black Sea or Mediterranean mods?

No, I did not include these mods

Kurt Dagger 08-18-19 01:34 PM

Back in 42, I sometimes observed this picture: If you were spotted by destroyers, then aviation appears in the area. But there is no separate air travel (

Niume 08-18-19 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Dagger (Post 2623271)

Are you running highter time compression than 512x because if so. You won't encounter aircraft. you must play at 512x time compression maximum if you want to meet aircraft.

Kurt Dagger 08-18-19 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2623292)
Are you running highter time compression than 512x because if so. You won't encounter aircraft. you must play at 512x time compression maximum if you want to meet aircraft.

Yes, I really used time compression above 512. Thank you very much, did not know about this feature of the mod)

Niume 08-19-19 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Dagger (Post 2623294)
Yes, I really used time compression above 512. Thank you very much, did not know about this feature of the mod)

It's a bug of a game actually. In Silent Hunter IV and Silent Hunter V is fixed.

propbeanie 08-19-19 04:54 PM

I wouldn't say it's "fixed" in SH4, just that the dynamic loading of the game allows a little more room in the RAM, but high TC can still bring the game crashing down around you, as well as getting one sunk... With 512x TC, a second in real time is over eight and a half minutes in game time... Time flies when you are having fun! :salute:

Noobicum4Ever 09-21-19 09:25 AM

After getting bored with the classic Silent Hunter 3 campaign, I decided to play the GWX missions!

The problem is that when the submarine is immersed, I no longer see the arrow on the surface of the water. I'm using the external camera and now is so difficult for me.

Also, on the map, I no longer see the ships as a line but as a point and it is difficult for me to do the calculations on the map.

Please tell me that I can solve these two problems!