SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

1mPHUNit0 11-06-17 12:57 PM

Blame what?
It's an hystorical fact....there are no opinion in my post
it's a game i know

Pablo 02-03-18 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1mPHUNit0 (Post 2523834)
Blame what?
It's an hystorical fact....there are no opinion in my post
it's a game i know

Hi!

SH3 uses a Mercator projection of the world, which produces increased distance distortion the further you get from the equator. The difference between the true length of the Canal and the length found in GWX seems consistent with that original SH3 distortion.

Hope this helps!

makman94 02-04-18 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 2539884)
Hi!

SH3 uses a Mercator projection of the world, which produces increased distance distortion the further you get from the equator. The difference between the true length of the Canal and the length found in GWX seems consistent with that original SH3 distortion.

Hope this helps!

hi Pablo,

it doesn't seem to me that sh3 is using a Mercator projection , look at the following pic (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_map_projections) :

http://i67.tinypic.com/xpvkad.jpg

Comparing the maps (like ,for example, the way it looks Greenland to South America or Australia) it seems that sh3 most likely is using an Equirectangular projection ( a projection that has little use in navigation or cadastral mapping
and finds its main use only in thematic mapping) and not a Mercator projection.

This has nothing to do ,of course,with gwx or any other supermod but with the sh3's engine itself, i believe that sh3 is 'following' the Equirectangular projection distortions

Pablo 02-04-18 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 2539888)
hi Pablo,

it doesn't seem to me that sh3 is using a Mercator projection , look at the following pic (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_map_projections) :

Comparing the maps (like ,for example, the way it looks Greenland to South America or Australia) it seems that sh3 most likely is using an Equirectangular projection ( a projection that has little use in navigation or cadastral mapping
and finds its main use only in thematic mapping) and not a Mercator projection.

This has nothing to do ,of course,with gwx or any other supermod but with the sh3's engine itself, i believe that sh3 is 'following' the Equirectangular projection distortions

Hi!

Yes, you're correct. It's obviously been longer than I thought since I worked on GWX. :)

Pablo

_Cain_ 03-10-18 09:05 PM

Ship/port bugs?

Hi, I just installed GWX gold, and when I started the game, the ports looked rather empty. I did get to see the beautiful Tirpitz... but her guns were missing? Anyone know whats wrong?

Jimbuna 03-11-18 07:59 AM

The Tirpitz will not be completed early on but as time passes she will appear with her guns.

Anvar1061 03-11-18 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Cain_ (Post 2544908)
Hi, I just installed GWX gold, and when I started the game, the ports looked rather empty. I did get to see the beautiful Tirpitz... but her guns were missing? Anyone know whats wrong?

The main caliber Tirpitz was installed at the end of 1940.

_Cain_ 03-11-18 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvar1061 (Post 2544980)
The main caliber Tirpitz was installed at the end of 1940.

I just did some research, and I must say I applaud the attention to detail like that. But are the ports usually this empty? I starts Aug. 1st 1939 in wilhelmshaven

_Cain_ 03-11-18 04:28 PM

Has anyone else had problems with the game crashing every time you try to speed up time? not sure if its because I was in port or not, but my last few tries its crashed

stork100 03-11-18 08:13 PM

Yes, high time compression and ports don't really go together too well. I guess it's a PC performance thing. Just stay at a reasonable TC like 64 or 128 until you get out to sea a bit or you can bring on a CTD. Same applies when nearing a port at the end of a patrol.

As for your low traffic problem check your enabled mods in JSGME. Have Lite Harbor Traffic enabled and be sure to have the Black Sea and Indian Ocean Campaign files disabled for your Atlantic campaign. Otherwise you won't see any ships.

Hope this helps. GWX is a great mega mod. You'll love it.

hauangua 03-11-18 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Cain_ (Post 2545020)
Has anyone else had problems with the game crashing every time you try to speed up time? not sure if its because I was in port or not, but my last few tries its crashed

Hi Caino
Your Mod list?

HerrRitter 05-19-18 11:06 PM

A Quick Question

My former computer was a Windows 7 Home Premium, and simply would not run SHIII, and of course, Gray Wolves ... even in compatibility mode.

My new computer is an Acer Inspire, with Windows 10, and it is running older games like Starfleet Command 3, that my old computer would laugh at me, for. So, my question is:

Will SHIII and GWX work on my present computer?

Note that I'm currently enjoying the Wolves of Steel, but I still miss GWX.

Thanks ...

Maphisto86 05-28-18 04:30 AM

Hello everyone,

I have run into a problem with my installation of this mega mod. I bought the Steam version of the game, and it seems to work just fine as the vanilla, un-modded, version on my computer. However, when I tried to install the GWX Gold edition, I noticed it would often freeze on loading or shortly into the mission. It works in the training missions, but if I try the single missions, it locks up. The Vanilla game does not do this and loads much faster. Any ideas on whether I installed the mod wrong or what could be causing these problems? I have tried using compatability mode setting it to Windows XP Service Pack 3 but that has not worked.

THEBERBSTER 05-28-18 05:56 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Maphisto86
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

If you are running Windows 10 then compatibility mode is Windows 7.
If you are running Windows 7 you should not really need a compatibility mode.
Important that you have the 4gb patch enabled in your main game folder.
Important to run your SH3.exe and GWX exe applications as administrators.

Jimbuna 05-28-18 06:22 AM

Maphisto86 :salute: