SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod install order? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243857)

kkyarrick 02-12-20 07:36 AM

Mod install order?

I'm wanting to replicate Wolfpack345's modded version of SH3, but I am having issues getting the mods installed as I seem to just break the game no matter how I try. Anyone got any advice?

Mod list (Lifted straight off YT)
*Grey Wolves Expansion
*Sh3 Commander
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey - All Leather] Patch
SHIV U-Boat Missions-Flaggen für SHIII
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
M.E.P v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Radio Deutschland
Radio England
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation No Eagle (Edited)
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)
7b-1940-Weiss
U-Boot 7c-II
FixAllSubGWX
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3 (edited)
Adaptation for English & Deutsch
Moon_light_mod
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3
Supplement to V16B1 (old)

blackswan40 02-12-20 09:40 AM

Hi kkyarrick

Re GWX3 did you also download the 4GIG Patch
You dont put the GWX 3 Files in your mods folder you just put them in your SH3 Folder and click on the GWX icon to run if your also using the Commander mod you also need the Commander Mod Config File links Below

4Gig Patch

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=2888

GWX Commander Config File

http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3 (edited) must be activated last in the JSGME

AeiBigiu 02-17-20 11:51 AM

I'm having problems as well. I just bought SH3 from steam after watching Wolfpack's series on Youtube. I tried installing those mods but I never seem to get it to work.

I've tried for 3 days now and I gave up. Decided to try and make the vanilla game run on 1920x1080 but I'm having trouble even with that. Help!

propbeanie 02-17-20 12:27 PM

What is the full path to your game's install AeiBigiu? Such as is it "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter 3"? :salute:

OH! Pardon my manners! "Welcome to SubSim!" :subsim:

AeiBigiu 02-17-20 12:29 PM

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 3

propbeanie 02-17-20 12:35 PM

That is a good path. You are out of the Windows "protection" scheme... Have you tried changing the "Silent Hunter 3" portion to "SilentHunter3", or even "SH3", so that there are no spaces in the game's folder name? Have you read the GWX install instructions and gotten that to work? Forget about a wide screen for now, and get a regular mod to work first. You should probably also empty your "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH3" Save folder (or just click on the Windows short-cut for "Documents" if you have that sidebar activated) between changes that you make, so that you are certain all old data is gone from there.

AeiBigiu 02-17-20 01:22 PM

I'll try to setup (only) GWX and get back to you.

LE: Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to be here. Good job to this community for keeping alive good old games.

Skinny_Huesudo 02-26-20 08:11 AM

Hello everyone!

My first post in this forum, and I'm already hijacking threads :arrgh!:

I'm on a similar situation to Kkyarrick and AeiBigiu. I saw Wolfpack345's videos on YouTube and thought SH3 looked impressive for a 15 year old game, and after a long time I decided to give it a go again.

I decided to start simple and install GWX with the ARB widescreen mod first, but I'm already running into trouble.

I'm installing on top of the Steam version of SH3 on a modern PC running Windows 10, so the system requirements shouldn't be an issue. The vanilla game runs fine.

GWX installs fine, but it makes SH3 crash to desktop. It happens when I try to start a mission, a career patrol, and many times I try to enter the museum.

ARB widescreen mod runs fine over the vanilla game (haven't been able to run it with GWX for the reason mentioned above), but when I try to patch the executable to increase the map rendering resolution, I get an error message. Maybe the patcher was intended for the original version of the game and can't be used with the Steam version?

Aktungbby 02-26-20 11:49 AM

welcome aboard!

Skinny_Huesudo!:Kaleun_Salute: & AeiBigiu!:Kaleun_Salute:

Fifi 02-26-20 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skinny_Huesudo (Post 2651412)
Hello everyone!

My first post in this forum, and I'm already hijacking threads :arrgh!:

I'm on a similar situation to Kkyarrick and AeiBigiu. I saw Wolfpack345's videos on YouTube and thought SH3 looked impressive for a 15 year old game, and after a long time I decided to give it a go again.

I decided to start simple and install GWX with the ARB widescreen mod first, but I'm already running into trouble.

I'm installing on top of the Steam version of SH3 on a modern PC running Windows 10, so the system requirements shouldn't be an issue. The vanilla game runs fine.

GWX installs fine, but it makes SH3 crash to desktop. It happens when I try to start a mission, a career patrol, and many times I try to enter the museum.

ARB widescreen mod runs fine over the vanilla game (haven't been able to run it with GWX for the reason mentioned above), but when I try to patch the executable to increase the map rendering resolution, I get an error message. Maybe the patcher was intended for the original version of the game and can't be used with the Steam version?

Make sure you have the 4GB patch installed and applied :yep:

Skinny_Huesudo 02-26-20 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2651452)
Make sure you have the 4GB patch installed and applied :yep:

Thanks. I guess I have to use the StarForce free version of the patch?

What about Tycho's patcher?

Fifi 02-26-20 04:28 PM

If your game is star force free, yes.

Tycho patcher is provided with ARB Gui to get the nav map in full size (all screen)

Skinny_Huesudo 02-26-20 07:19 PM

I reinstalled SH3, doing a clean install. Then I installed GWX3. But now I'm trying to apply the 4GB patch, but both executables say that I have an unknown version of SH3.exe.

I have SH3 from Steam, installed outside Program Files.

Sailor Steve 02-26-20 10:53 PM

Rule #1: Install mods one at a time. Install your mod, then test, test, test.

That way if you screw it up, you may not know where the problem is, but at least you'll have an idea of where to start looking.

Skinny_Huesudo 02-27-20 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2651510)
Rule #1: Install mods one at a time. Install your mod, then test, test, test.

That way if you screw it up, you may not know where the problem is, but at least you'll have an idea of where to start looking.

It goes like this:

Install SH3, it runs Ok.
Install GWX3, it crashes.
Try to install the 4GB patch, it refuses to install.
:06: