SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

Stiebler 04-10-10 02:08 AM

@Observer:

Thanks for the reply.

I had nothing specific in mind, but you always had a lot of interesting ideas.
Perhaps you can come up with some new ideas:DL?

You (with DTB) were one of the founders of NYGM, after all!

Stiebler.

Corsair 04-14-10 03:17 AM

@ Hitman

Thanks for the fantastic job on the new optics mod... Whizz wheel and new compass are superb. :up:
Makes us Kaleuns try to stick close to real tactics. Read mes also very interesting.

DaveP63 04-14-10 07:07 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, my apologies if it has, but has anyone mentioned a problem with the smaller freighters and ASW ships incurring damage and sinking in heavy weather?

Weisia 04-15-10 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP63 (Post 1360109)
Don't know if it's been mentioned, my apologies if it has, but has anyone mentioned a problem with the smaller freighters and ASW ships incurring damage and sinking in heavy weather?

What exactly is the problem?

On my last partrol it happened two times in row: I was on attack run when suddenly the target dissapeared from the hydrophone.

I believe to think this is somewhat realistic.

dinazor 04-15-10 05:42 AM

SH3 (nygm) & SH5

We compared SH3 (NYGM) and SH5 last month with my friend. He played SH5 with 84% reality. We begin at September 1939. He passes to channel easily and attacks a convoy without warships. He sunk 84.000 tons ship. Then I started to cross the channel. But the planes were attacked immediately. My hull integrator drop 74% I dived to 30 m with silent mode. But I did not stable because of the damage. I sailed standard speed, warships caught me easily and sunk in few minutes. Now, my friend is in November 1940 and he told me 470 000 tons ships sunk. I suppose SH3 and SH5 are very different games

DaveP63 04-15-10 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weisia (Post 1360364)
What exactly is the problem?

On my last partrol it happened two times in row: I was on attack run when suddenly the target dissapeared from the hydrophone.

I believe to think this is somewhat realistic.

Wind 15 meters per second in seas that wash over the conning tower, yes, I'd agree. However, they last ones were in seas that were just breaking over the deck at normal surface trim. Not getting worked up over it, just asking the question.

Corsair 04-19-10 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinazor (Post 1360450)
We compared SH3 (NYGM) and SH5 last month with my friend. He played SH5 with 84% reality. We begin at September 1939. He passes to channel easily and attacks a convoy without warships. He sunk 84.000 tons ship. Then I started to cross the channel. But the planes were attacked immediately. My hull integrator drop 74% I dived to 30 m with silent mode. But I did not stable because of the damage. I sailed standard speed, warships caught me easily and sunk in few minutes. Now, my friend is in November 1940 and he told me 470 000 tons ships sunk. I suppose SH3 and SH5 are very different games

I don't play SH5 because my gaming rig is not connected to internet (and because I disapprove this kind of practice) but from what you can read on the forums it seems that SH5 has been "downgraded" to appeal more to the casual gamer who is just interested in running around and sinking ships. This being wrapped in some eye candy for same reason. The figures you give confirm this tonnage sunk is totally unrealistic.
But on the other hand, you need games for every type of people, it is just the comparison that doesn't seem to make sense...

AHS Centaur RIP 04-22-10 11:16 PM

Exactly what I think:up:, I really love nygm for SH3 with having to actually make ships sink realistically, not just arcade like hit points run down.

Vandecker 04-23-10 06:31 AM

Liking NYGM so far, still need to get used to no longer having a notepad to aid me in seeing ships that my crew can see but I can't at night.

I do have one problem however. Whats with not being able to keep a stable depth with any speed below standard?

I went to periscope depth at one third to make a periscope check and then surface. A minute later I noticed that I hadn't surfaced and was in fact dropping below 40 metres:timeout:.

It wasn't until I brought the engines to standard that the boat started to rise again.

Have I encountered a bug and if not how do I disable this feature? I tend to spend long periods of time not looking at the screen using voice commands instead whilst doing homework and other chores and I'd hate to lose a boat because I accidentally dived at one third and forgot to accelerate to standard.

Thanks for your hard work good luck in all future projects.

Hitman 04-23-10 08:15 AM

Quote:

I do have one problem however. Whats with not being able to keep a stable depth with any speed below standard?

I went to periscope depth at one third to make a periscope check and then surface. A minute later I noticed that I hadn't surfaced and was in fact dropping below 40 metres:timeout:.

It wasn't until I brought the engines to standard that the boat started to rise again.

Have I encountered a bug and if not how do I disable this feature? I tend to spend long periods of time not looking at the screen using voice commands instead whilst doing homework and other chores and I'd hate to lose a boat because I accidentally dived at one third and forgot to accelerate to standard.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=358

Vandecker 04-23-10 09:23 AM

I am aware that the sub will slowly sink if it drops below 2 knots, but I thought that was the extent of it.

I was at one third engine power, so 3-4 knots and I was still sinking like a stone.

It wasn't until I came up to standard engine power, 5 knots, before the boat started to rise.

Is this a bug then?

h.sie 04-23-10 09:53 AM

Maybe this is what Stiebler calls the "Crash Dive Blues" - a stock SH3 bug. If I remember right, it happens when a crash dive is interrupted. Search this NYGM-forum for this bug. Stiebler did explain how to avoid it.

Hitman 04-23-10 01:46 PM

Ah yes, has happened to me once and certainly it seems to be related to that crash dive blues. BUT I also noticed that it was much more evident with a green crew in your first/second patrol :hmmm:

Stiebler 04-23-10 02:05 PM

Crash Dive blues:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...6&postcount=48

Stiebler.

Vandecker 04-23-10 06:21 PM

Ah, that along with the green crew on its first patrol sounds like it fits they symptoms to a T. Will be crashdiving shortly to fix it.

Thank you very much for your help.