SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Some eye-candy necessary -- Yes or no ? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242689)

Lost At Sea 10-02-19 01:58 AM

Some eye-candy necessary -- Yes or no ?

Howdy All,
With Wolfpack getting seriously sexy I was wondering if additional visual sweetness was planned for release in the very near future.
Don't get me wrong, I do not care much for all the fancy bells and whistles graphics but I do believe a bit more will strengthen gameplay and realism even further.

I miss wakes and bow spray for all ships. That would be top of my list.
It helps me in guesstimating speed and such. I got caught numerous times for not realizing that a destroyer had gone full-ahead, or played the gramophone loud enough to cover the diesel engine noise while searching the horizon, with no visual clue on my actual speed.

My two cents. Already very pleased with development and gameplay :salute:

Cheers,
Lost

JuanLiquid 10-02-19 02:44 AM

Indeed. I also miss more sea states, in special big sea waves

ceh 10-02-19 03:27 AM

That would surely be very nice, but I somehow think that eye candy is end-game stuff on the devs' backlog.

Stormfly 10-02-19 08:16 AM

i want saaaaalt on my nose and my tongue :yep:

Aligallaton 10-13-19 01:14 PM

I'd like some wake coming off the back as well, to tell you that you are moving.
Spray of the bow wouldn't go amiss either.

Onkel Neal 10-13-19 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost At Sea (Post 2630289)
Howdy All,
With Wolfpack getting seriously sexy I was wondering if additional visual sweetness was planned for release in the very near future.
Don't get me wrong, I do not care much for all the fancy bells and whistles graphics but I do believe a bit more will strengthen gameplay and realism even further.

I miss wakes and bow spray for all ships. That would be top of my list.
It helps me in guesstimating speed and such. I got caught numerous times for not realizing that a destroyer had gone full-ahead, or played the gramophone loud enough to cover the diesel engine noise while searching the horizon, with no visual clue on my actual speed.

My two cents. Already very pleased with development and gameplay :salute:

Cheers,
Lost

ahoy Lost, yes, good feedback! Wakes, spray and foam are on the priority list, yes. :yep:

Aktungbby 10-13-19 03:55 PM

Welcome aboard!

Aligallato,
Spray of the bow wouldn't go amiss
:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-14-19 05:34 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Aligallaton
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Fidd 10-22-19 09:37 AM

I think the main eye-candy "needed" is slow and progressive damage to the U-boat under depth-charge attack, so broken and inoperable gauges and lights, leaks (fixable) and leaks (unfixable), with more operable control wheels to isolate leaks - which would also reduce or render inoperable functions such as blowing the bilges, trimming, using the diesels, reloading torpedoes and so forth. In short, we need to have the game generate more problems for the crew to deal with, where teamwork and a clear-headed captain can survive to 'fight again another day'.