SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

eddie 04-10-10 01:39 PM

Got the download just fine ZW, installed over the previous version with no problems!:up:

Just started the first mission from the German side, and running just great! Thanks for all the hard work you have been putting into this sim, it really shows up well!:salute:

Will get back to you later on FR's and stuff.

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward (Post 1354899)
Zeewolf

Just downloaded and tried out your Pre-Kursk Mod and it works and looks great!! A very nice improvement :cool: No problem with frame rates either.
Thanks for all your work on this one.

Just one question, how do you resupply/repair with the Hanomag??

Sincerely
Edward

Hi Edward,
Here is the RE-SUPPLY INSTRUCTIONS:salute:
To use the resupply make certain you have your
"Mountain Brake" set to the "b" key. Then when the Hanomag or OpelBlitz
is within 20meters AND you are at a complete stop with the "b" key depressed
this will repair all the yellow damage and reload you. Also you will see the
"!" lite when your "b" key is right.

Let me know if it works:up:

ZW

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1354868)
Thanks ZeeWolf!
I just tried to download it but the speed was slow to say the least.I will try again at a different time.
Looking forward to firing this up.:salute:

I understand Chucky it is my hope that this is the last huge DLs for a very long time.

ZW :salute:

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilman (Post 1354936)
Hi. Just joined this forum today.

I recently bought Steel Fury and enjoyed it so much I went out and bought TVT. Not knowing the company had gone out of business etc etc. So I'm glad to see people working at polishing up and improving the game. I'm looking forward to being able to purchase Zeewolfs add on when it's ready.

The last tank sim I can remember trying was Panzer Elite on a 2XXMHZ PII. So that was a while ago. I now have a Pentium D. So modern sims like TVT, SF And IL2 work failry well. I usually play flight sims. IL2 in particular.

I wanted to throw in a few thoughts/ questions relating to siming in general while at it. Because there are a few guys here in addition to Zeewolf who know and understand coding. I do not.

I have often woundered why programers do not take more advantage of multi CPU's. And I mean multiple computers rather than just the new multi core cpu's. For example rather than running all the AI duties on the players computer. And usualy on one CPU. Why not spread things out over several computers. It seems to me there would not be much difference between this and a few guys playing in a LAN set up. A person can pick up (or probably has alread) computers in the 1-3 GHZ range for free, or almost free. And if the computer does not have to run sound or hi-quality video. Just a very simply windows screen to get the computer logged in to the LAN/game. Under these conditions I would think any P4 or equivilent could probably run a fairly complex set of scripts or whatever they are called to run one or several vehicals, planes or whatever. The local computer recycler ships out about a pallet of such computers a month in my small town. And I can have my pick for about $5 a piece. A person wouldn't even need a bunch of monitors. A VGA switch box (and an understanding partner) would do wouldn't it?

Additionaly I wounder if we will ever see games that blend together games like IL2, TVT and first person shooters. A lot of people answer this question with, "well you could play BF1942" and I do. But its an arcade game. Not a sim. I enjoy blasting ground targets with my IL2. But it would be even more fun if there were a thinking persons down there running the AA or other.

Hope spewing out all that does not get me in trouble for diluting the thread.

Welcome aboard Oilman :up:

It is very difficult to sort out why developers do the things they do. However I do know TvT takes as much CPU and GPU as it can possibly
get so the system you have described :o amazes me that it would run
at all.

Sometimes there is no way out you will have to do it [Upgrade your PC]!

Cheers :salute:
ZeeWolf

Docholiday13 04-10-10 02:34 PM

Membership ??

Hallo Zeewoolf

I own t he TvT and saw now that You created an addon for this game.
I love TVT but sometimess the bugs make me a little bit crazy.

So my questions:

1] Does Your Version ameliorate the "bug-problems" ??
2] are in Your, already released, version additional playabel tanks included ?
3] Is it possibel to become a member and to download Your "Creation" :DL

thanks

Doc

oilman 04-10-10 03:12 PM

Hi ZeeWolf.

I should clarrify maybe. I'm running a Zotac 9300 Mini ITX. Pentium D dual 3 ghz, 4 Gig ram anouther 512 for the onboard vid.

The stock TVT runs fine at max settings. I just started playing the game within the last week. Not sure what the bugs are yet. Seems to work fine single player.

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docholiday13 (Post 1355073)
Hallo Zeewoolf

I own t he TvT and saw now that You created an addon for this game.
I love TVT but sometimess the bugs make me a little bit crazy.

So my questions:

1] Does Your Version ameliorate the "bug-problems" ??
2] are in Your, already released, version additional playabel tanks included ?
3] Is it possibel to become a member and to download Your "Creation" :DL

thanks

Doc

Greetings and Welcome aboard Docholiday,

1]The issue of the bugs has for the most part have not been improved they
have been eliminated :up:

2]New Playable Tanks - not yet.

3]Yes you can easily become a new member, PM me for cost and details.

Thank you :salute:

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilman (Post 1355118)
Hi ZeeWolf.

I should clarrify maybe. I'm running a Zotac 9300 Mini ITX. Pentium D dual 3 ghz, 4 Gig ram anouther 512 for the onboard vid.

The stock TVT runs fine at max settings. I just started playing the game within the last week. Not sure what the bugs are yet. Seems to work fine single player.

Oh! well that is much better then what I thought you had oilman. :woot:
When you discover some of the stock game issues those that have my upgrades to this sim can tell you that there are many improvements to the entire game and well worth the membership cost. :yep:

To the front! :salute:
ZeeWolf

oilman 04-10-10 03:39 PM

Where and when to get a Membership.

Hi ZeeWolf. I went to your link at the begining of the thread. I got the impression though that your upgrade was not ready for purchase yet. If it it is what do I do to get my hands on it?

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilman (Post 1355152)
Hi ZeeWolf. I went to your link at the begining of the thread. I got the impression though that your upgrade was not ready for purchase yet. If it it is what do I do to get my hands on it?

That is true oilman concerning the first Kursk mission. It is still in beta testing.
However the bulk of the add-on is in the latest Project ZeeWolf members
download. Also the price of membership will get you all of my latest completed
work (which is in the latest 275mg membership DL) plus a small cost to get
the Kursk series, stating with Kursk Mission 1.
PM me for cost and more details prior to the Kursk mission 1 release.

ATB :up:

ZeeWolf

indebin 04-10-10 05:13 PM

ZW
just downloaded the pre-Kursk mod. A great improvement, very smooth, fps vary from 30 to 15. Installed on 2nd pc intel 9450-4gb ram-ati 4870.
Will update 1st pc intel i920- 6gb ram- ati 5870 when the Kursk alpha is released.

ZeeWolf 04-10-10 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indebin (Post 1355232)
ZW
just downloaded the pre-Kursk mod. A great improvement, very smooth, fps vary from 30 to 15. Installed on 2nd pc intel 9450-4gb ram-ati 4870.
Will update 1st pc intel i920- 6gb ram- ati 5870 when the Kursk alpha is released.

Wow! that is fantastic indebin.You sure want to train and get really good at
those long shots because this first Kursk mission that I've been working on
is going to put your PC AND you to the test.:yep:

Angriff!

ZW:salute:

Friedrich-Wilhelm 04-10-10 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1354706)
Thanks LC I was forgetting the essentials. Also schnapps, a Mosel or two and some schwarzwalder schinken.Pretzels with sweet mustard :o OoOf I'd rather fight a KV85 with my bare hands..Thank you:88)

Bavarian tankers? Tigers dressed with Dirndls?:stare:

What's that thing I see flying? An 88 mm shell? No! A flare? No! Ahhh it's LC's computer with those fast fps....

Cheers

Hello Fellow Tankers,

Just wanted to throw that out there: Germany is/was more than just Bavaria. This means that we should include some more northern foods, such as Blutwurst, Pfannegruetze und Reibeplaetzchen (the latter I know how to make :-)) from Westphalia!
I am just ranting, because I am from the Ruhr-region originally, but over here in North America, most people seem to think that Bavaria is synonymous with all of Germany. Following that line of reasoning, somebody opened a German fast-food place here in the city, called, and I kid you not, "Kraut King."
Anyway, I just downloaded ZeeWolf's latest file and am about to install it. Let's see how it goes. Wish me luck and acceptable frame rates on my aging machine. ;-)
By the way, do we need to make an extra payment to get the Kursk missions? Did I miss something there?

Regards,

FW

frinik 04-10-10 11:24 PM

Capital Sim

I totally agree with you Friedrich Wilhelm Bavaria seems to personify Germany in many parts of the Americas even though most German immigrants came from Northern , Central or Western Germany.

As far as I am concerned Saxons and Prussians( my ethnic roots on my fatherīs side) are the real Germans the rest are either Austrians (Bavarians), Dutch(Frisians), Alsatians or Luxenburgisch( Franconians and Swabians):smug:

Speaking of Austrians letīs not forget Wienerschnitzels as almost 20% of the Wehrmacht was made up of fellow Austrian-Germans.

Speaking of fast food I once saw a Turkish fast-food outlet in Berlin called McDonair:D

Thnak you Mr. Zee I am going to downlaod the precious stuff.

And may God forgive us because of ZW we have simmed....:DL

Cheers

and thanks Mr. Zee:up:

frinik 04-10-10 11:55 PM

Fee

Lc Mr. Zee may contradict me but my understanding is that the fee we paid covers both membership and all of his releases until 31 Jan 2011.

Start saving for next year( cut on the pretzels:03:)

Cheers

ZeeWolf 04-11-10 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1355566)
Lc Mr. Zee may contradict me but my understanding is that the fee we paid covers both membership and all of his releases until 31 Jan 2011.

Cheers

Hi frinik,
Yes you are correct, all members who have paid are paid up until 1-31-2011. No fees or any of that crap. :nope:
And any talk of cost is for those who are interested in joining the battle on the "Ost Front" by becoming a new member of Project ZeeWolf. :yep:

Onwards Kameraden! :up:

ZW

PS: The work on Kursk Mission one will be done tomorrow and then to final testing by our volunteer beta testers:woot:

LcSummers 04-11-10 12:20 AM

Membership

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1355581)
Hi frinik,
Yes you are correct, all members who have paid are paid up until 1-31-2011. No fees or any of that crap. :nope:
And any talk of cost is for those who are interested in joining the battle on the "Ost Front" by becoming a new member of Project ZeeWolf. :yep:

Onwards Kameraden! :up:

ZW

Hi Members,

i am now downloading pre alpha. So lets see.

About mambership, it will end 1-31-2011. And after that date you will go on with ADDONs ZW? If yes please let us members know that our membership is ending because i want (if you want it ZWE) to keep membership, testing and downloads.

LC

LcSummers 04-11-10 12:23 AM

Kill ` em

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1355566)

Cheers

Yes, we must cut our food supplies and fill up our tanks with 88 mm shells.

BTW my fast flying PC was running with 2,8-3,5 fbs in BERTA release. :D

So lets go on and kill those bugs.

LC

LcSummers 04-11-10 12:28 AM

Installing

ZW,

just downloaded Pre Alpha and installing. I will test it very soon a make report.

Thanx again

LC:salute:

ZeeWolf 04-11-10 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1355596)
ZW,

just downloaded Pre Alpha and installing. I will test it very soon a make report.

Thanx again

LC:salute:

Fantastic LC,

The Kursk mission will be faster but still tuff as a boot and here tomorrow.

Onwards!:salute:

ZW