SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Anyone with some knowledge about the new testament ? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=244727)

mapuc 04-20-20 11:42 AM

Anyone with some knowledge about the new testament ?

This is not a religious discussion, only a question and I will tell you later why I have asked this question.

It as also something to do with a debate that have arised the last few days here in Denmark

the question:

How many times does the word Israel appear in the original scripture of the New Testament ?

Markus

Mr Quatro 04-20-20 11:53 AM

Quote:

the term “Israel” is used a total of 73 times in the New Testament
but the term Israel and the name of Jerusalem are used many times in the old testament to mean the same thing.

For instance the New Testament in The Book of Revelations talks about at the end of the 1,000 years of peace that a New Jerusalem shall come down out of heaven ...
which leads to a whole lot of other questions like what comes down might go back up. :hmmm:

So what's you real question Markus all of the above came from a simple search by the way :yep:

mapuc 04-20-20 12:13 PM

Yes I could have made a search myself, I came to the conclusion that some of you may have the correct answer to my question and I could tell you why I asked this question.

Here in Denmark the Danish Bible Society, has just released a new translation of the New Testament and they have removed the word Israel from every place it have been mentioned in the original scripture. So the word Israel does not appear at all in this new translation of the Danish version of The New Testament.

And this has arised a heavy debate here in Denmark.

Markus

Sean C 04-20-20 11:26 PM

I find this odd.

Catfish 04-21-20 01:56 AM

I read some accuse Israel for the pandemic, maybe the "Danish Bible Society" thinks so, too?
Is this another opportunity to try to blame the jews for something, opposing the jewish claim to their "god-given" territory, and eradicate Israel from the bible like a Damnatio memoriae? I really had thought the jewish world conspiracy had meanwhile ceased to exist in the minds of the idiots? Ah, Facebook, Zuckerberg, a new conspiracy :oops:

At least this is a new approach, before it is either the 5G net/Huawei, or smartphobes responsible for the corona virus, or it is all the EU's fault. Or it is nothing, a democrat's hoax to molest Trumpo.
But "the jews" of course also have a good chance of being accused, as usual.

Platapus 04-21-20 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2664636)
the question:

How many times does the word Israel appear in the original scripture of the New Testament ?

Markus

You can find your answer by looking it up in what is called a Concordance of the Bible. That is a book that has every single word referenced.

This does raise another question: in which bible? There are many different versions of the bible throughout history. It is not a static document. Different language versions may have different words that may not translate equally.

Catfish 04-21-20 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2664859)
[...] Different language versions may have different words that may not translate equally.

Right.. maybe i snapped too early :D

Jimbuna 04-21-20 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2664805)
I read some accuse Israel for the pandemic, maybe the "Danish Bible Society" thinks so, too?
Is this another opportunity to try to blame the jews for something, opposing the jewish claim to their "god-given" territory, and eradicate Israel from the bible like a Damnatio memoriae? I really had thought the jewish world conspiracy had meanwhile ceased to exist in the minds of the idiots? Ah, Facebook, Zuckerberg, a new conspiracy :oops:

At least this is a new approach, before it is either the 5G net/Huawei, or smartphobes responsible for the corona virus, or it is all the EU's fault. Or it is nothing, a democrat's hoax to molest Trumpo.
But "the jews" of course also have a good chance of being accused, as usual.

Most definitely the EU's fault :yep:

MaDef 04-21-20 09:57 AM

I blame Trump:rock:

Onkel Neal 04-21-20 11:01 AM

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's Book of Revelation

Aktungbby 04-21-20 11:11 AM

"And 'low': the word was with God"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 2664859)

This does raise another question: in which bible? There are many different versions of the bible throughout history. It is not a static document. Different language versions may have different words that may not translate equally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2664879)
Right.. maybe i snapped too early :D

My bible in 'the Book of Aktung' clearly states "Thou shalt not covid thy neighbors wife(s) nor any sheep of his flock.:arrgh!:

vienna 04-21-20 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2664930)
Sorry to be pedantic, but it's Book of Revelation

Even that depends on the version of the Bible you use; in Catholic Bibles, Revelation is called The Apocalypse and, in some Christian denominations, like some of the Eastern Orthodoxy, the book isn't even recognized...

Even Martin Luther initially disputed the validity of the Book of Revelation...

<O>

Jeff-Groves 04-21-20 11:24 AM

It's only named for the opening words. As was the habit back in the mythical days.
With all the stuff dropped over the years from Bibles?
I'm still amazed they keep this one.
I'd suspect the way to keep the masses in line is to scare religion INTO them!
Maybe that didn't work so well with the Mayans or Aztecs?

mapuc 04-21-20 11:32 AM

The Danes use the bible which contains 66 smaller books,
(and so do the Sweden)
Yes there is a wide variety of the bible.

One of them have as mention 66 book.
The Catholics have more books in their bible
The biggest is the one who the Christians in Africa have(can't remember which country it is) their bible have 81 books.

Back to this Danish Bible society and their removal of the word Israel from the newest translation of the New Testament.

I Found an English Article.
Maybe I was wrong, remembering wrong or those Danish news paper I have read on this topic have been wrong-I don't know because due to this article, the word Israel is only used one time in the New Testament.

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/inter...tament-edition

Markus

Jeff-Groves 04-21-20 11:39 AM

Don't worry.
Israel probably has a strike force on the way to bomb the people responsible.
:har: