SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

Mister_M 09-22-21 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2769946)
I don't know what you did and how you started the game. PC configuration etc...

The error message is : Memory can't be read, 0x00000000000000

The last time I encountered such a message, it was a problem with menu_1024_768.ini

Onealex 09-22-21 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2769948)
The error message is : Memory can't be read, 0x00000000000000

The last time I encountered such a message, it was a problem with menu_1024_768.ini

1 What is your PC configuration?
2 How did you start the game?
3 Where was SH unzipped?

Mister_M 09-22-21 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2769951)
1 What is your PC configuration?
2 How did you start the game?
3 Where was SH unzipped?

1. I don't think it's a problem of configuration, I already played SH3 in the past on the same computer. I'm running windows XP.

2. I clicked on SH3.exe

3. I unzipped the files in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\ (last location of my previous installation)

Onealex 09-22-21 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2769952)
1. I don't think it's a problem of configuration, I already played SH3 in the past on the same computer. I'm running windows XP.

2. I clicked on SH3.exe

3. I unzipped the files in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\ (last location of my previous installation)

It is 100% due to your PC (win XP). Please read readme...

Mister_M 09-22-21 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2769954)

OK, thank you for your time.

Dieselglock 09-22-21 09:43 AM

Maintain Depth

Hello Alex,

I am in a type 7b late 1939. If running 2 knots silent running depth 200m my sub will slowly continue sinking unless I speed up to 4 knots. As soon as I slow back down to 2 or 1 knot the sub starts to sink again. Is this normal when close to critical depth?

Onealex 09-22-21 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselglock (Post 2769957)
Hello Alex,

I am in a type 7b late 1939. If running 2 knots silent running depth 200m my sub will slowly continue sinking unless I speed up to 4 knots. As soon as I slow back down to 2 or 1 knot the sub starts to sink again. Is this normal when close to critical depth?

Hello. The most part of answers are always in documentation.

SH3/documentation/Stiebler4C_patch_Docs.pdf
https://d.radikal.ru/d30/2109/ae/7a8571c27abb.jpg

Onealex 09-22-21 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2769956)
Do you have an english version, I can see only a russian version...

https://d.radikal.ru/d26/2109/3a/93104ce5b73e.jpg

Mister_M 09-22-21 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2769954)

I don't see any reason why I couldn't play SH3 anymore on Win XP... :hmmm:

Onealex 09-22-21 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2769970)
I don't see any reason why I couldn't play SH3 anymore on Win XP... :hmmm:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00667512.pdf
I think this is the reason.

Mister_M 09-22-21 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2769973)

I think this could explain why my game is crashing while trying to launch a campaign. But I can't even have access to the menu window, my game stops to run nearly instantly, as if something was missing... :hmmm:

Maybe it's the SH3.exe of your supermod which is incompatible with 32 bits versions of windows ?? :hmmm:

Dieselglock 09-22-21 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2769963)
Hello. The most part of answers are always in documentation.

SH3/documentation/Stiebler4C_patch_Docs.pdf
https://d.radikal.ru/d30/2109/ae/7a8571c27abb.jpg

Thank you Alex

divemonkie 09-22-21 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister_M (Post 2769975)
I think this could explain why my game is crashing while trying to launch a campaign. But I can't even have access to the menu window, my game stops to run nearly instantly, as if something was missing... :hmmm:

Maybe it's the SH3.exe of your supermod which is incompatible with 32 bits versions of windows ?? :hmmm:

also check your running sh3 exe as administrator and compatible wxp
sometimes that works.

poseidonlost 09-22-21 08:02 PM

Hello all and OneAlex... apologies if this post comes out combobulated as it's been a long time since posting...As said many times over by others, thanks for this mod, great work, and saved me tons of time.

Now, I had a CTD in my second patrol, in my second career save. The thing about this CTD though, is it's something I've noticed on two different PCs now. I just got a gaming PC and of course, I was coming back to SH3 :) (AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, Radeon RX 6700, 64bit) Last PC was 6 years old, nvidia, intel and was using GWX 3.0 only. The CTD is campaign map related. If I zoom out far enough and start looking around the map, it would crash back then on the old PC. I learned not to do that. So, trying it out now with the OneAlex mod and new rig, I was doing just fine looking all around the map on my first patrols. Last night, on my second patrol in my second career save, the war with Poland was announced while heading toward Scotland in the North Sea. I started looking for all the red marked ports and cities. Something happened while looking that jumped me from looking at Russia, into looking off the west coast of Africa and the CTD came and ended my patrol for the night... I'm wondering, what is with this instability/bug? I can't recall ever reading about it anywhere on the forum. I've also searched the forum, scanned over your and the GMX readme and still can't find anything about it. I'm not sure if this is something you could look for or know about. Or if this is really a bigger question for all of the rest of the SH3 subsim forum to ask about...

And one more quicker question :D I could've sworn there was a in-sub calendar in GWX 3.0. Something to show you moon cycles and sunset/sunrise times. Is that available in your mod? Or am I just having flashbacks from SH2?

Thanks again my man :Kaleun_Wink:

Aktungbby 09-22-21 08:08 PM

Welcome back!

poseidonlost! after a long silent run!:Kaleun_Salute:

poseidonlost 09-22-21 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2770083)
poseidonlost! after a long silent run!:Kaleun_Salute:

Thanks! Yea, I tend to observe and then work on figuring AOB and things :yep:

Gonna jump back in and see how the reload works... won't clutter up the thread like a nub... much lol

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Onealex 09-23-21 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poseidonlost (Post 2770082)
Hello all and OneAlex... apologies if this post comes out combobulated as it's been a long time since posting...As said many times over by others, thanks for this mod, great work, and saved me tons of time.

Now, I had a CTD in my second patrol, in my second career save. The thing about this CTD though, is it's something I've noticed on two different PCs now. I just got a gaming PC and of course, I was coming back to SH3 :) (AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, Radeon RX 6700, 64bit) Last PC was 6 years old, nvidia, intel and was using GWX 3.0 only. The CTD is campaign map related. If I zoom out far enough and start looking around the map, it would crash back then on the old PC. I learned not to do that. So, trying it out now with the OneAlex mod and new rig, I was doing just fine looking all around the map on my first patrols. Last night, on my second patrol in my second career save, the war with Poland was announced while heading toward Scotland in the North Sea. I started looking for all the red marked ports and cities. Something happened while looking that jumped me from looking at Russia, into looking off the west coast of Africa and the CTD came and ended my patrol for the night... I'm wondering, what is with this instability/bug? I can't recall ever reading about it anywhere on the forum. I've also searched the forum, scanned over your and the GMX readme and still can't find anything about it. I'm not sure if this is something you could look for or know about. Or if this is really a bigger question for all of the rest of the SH3 subsim forum to ask about...

And one more quicker question :D I could've sworn there was a in-sub calendar in GWX 3.0. Something to show you moon cycles and sunset/sunrise times. Is that available in your mod? Or am I just having flashbacks from SH2?

Thanks again my man :Kaleun_Wink:

Hi. I have checked this but no CTD on my PC. I did different actions on the map scrolling, zoom, etc...

Dieselglock 09-23-21 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2770133)
Hi. I have checked this but no CTD on my PC. I did different actions on the map scrolling, zoom, etc...

I had the exact same occurrence last night. I was about 100km south of the Shetland Islands heading back to Wiliamshaven Type 7b Dec 1939. I was at 1024 time comp. I grabbed the main map and scrolled to the left to see Russia. As soon as I got over mainland Russia ctd. This has never happened to me before but it may be the first time I have done that. I put it down to time comp.

Razer laptop:
8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8750H processor, 6 Cores / 12 Threads, 2.2GHz / 4.1GHz (Base / Max Turbo), 9MB Cache
NVIDIA® GeForce@ GTX 1060 Max-Q (6GB GDDR5 VRAM)
64gb Ram
512SSD
Win 10

CapZap1970 09-23-21 11:14 AM

Not the first time this happens... It happened to me a couple of times. If I remember right, there was a thread about it. I think it happens when you zoom in and see the map to east (far end of Russia).

Onealex 09-23-21 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapZap1970 (Post 2770179)
Not the first time this happens... It happened to me a couple of times. If I remember right, there was a thread about it. I think it happens when you zoom in and see the map to east (far end of Russia).

So it is known bug. Interesting...