SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

woofiedog 03-16-12 10:44 AM

ZeeWolf... Thank's for the reply and fix for this small problem with the Holding Hill 500 mission.

CZARNY_PLone 03-17-12 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz (Post 1855728)
Hello ZeeWolf, I watch your beautiful and needed work and I will ask, in which time horizont could we have any Tiger mini-campagne (awards, if possible etc.)?

Exactly something like the old Panzer Elite:)

Newtonious 03-26-12 04:35 AM

Graphics Usage?????

Howdy ZeeWolf,
Are your Addons/Mods alot more Graphics Intensive? I'm getting 14-18 FPS with my game
Alienware M9700
Dual Nvidia 7900GS
AMD Turion ML-44 2.4ghz Processor
Thanks
Newton

ZeeWolf 03-26-12 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtonious (Post 1860925)
Howdy ZeeWolf,
Are your Addons/Mods alot more Graphics Intensive? I'm getting 14-18 FPS with my game
Alienware M9700
Dual Nvidia 7900GS
AMD Turion ML-44 2.4ghz Processor
Thanks
Newton

Oh yeah, much more to process then anything the default game has.:yep:
It would help if T34vsTiger was multi-thread too.

ZW

Newtonious 03-27-12 01:40 AM

Power Up

What is your opinion as to the mods being able to play on my machine or if its not up to snuff
Thanks
Newton

ZeeWolf 03-27-12 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtonious (Post 1861355)
What is your opinion as to the mods being able to play on my machine or if its not up to snuff
Thanks
Newton

Welcome aboard Newton, :DL
T34 vs Tiger with my mods and addons is very cpu and gpu intensive. This
is primarily due to the inability of the game engine to use multiple CPUs. Only
one CPU core can be used. This has been an issue since the beginning of Project ZeeWolf.
Your machine is on the low end and would be hard pressed
to achieve fps above 14- 18.

ZeeWolf

Rutger 04-05-12 04:26 PM

tactics for "den feind abfangen"

Maybe I'm too impatient or not sneaky enough.
What are the best tactics for this one?
I actually get head aches from getting shot after having killed 5 to 7 tanks :wah: , must have tried way way over a hundred times.
I position myself behind the burning shed which gives me two easy kills on the two T34's driving by on the road chasing the German trucks.
I used to wait often behind that shed and try and take out the three T34's that come from behind the treelined ridge on slightly the left, of which two kills are usually tops best score, but when I'd run way up the hills on the far left I usually do get crippled or killed. When I skip the shooting of those three, I can make it behind the hills and peek around and get sneaky shots, sometimes even shooting with blinded gunner and only just visual from the captain on the cupola, using trees and captain's view of impact to aim indirectly. That's hard and costly on ammo though.
I don't want a cheat, I just want to have some simple advice.
I guess I should go on with them sneak attacks, as it sounds the most logical, but hey, maybe I can learn something :03:

cheers,
Rutger

ZeeWolf 04-05-12 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rutger (Post 1865690)
Maybe I'm too impatient or not sneaky enough.
What are the best tactics for this one?
I actually get head aches from getting shot after having killed 5 to 7 tanks :wah: , must have tried way way over a hundred times.
I position myself behind the burning shed which gives me two easy kills on the two T34's driving by on the road chasing the German trucks.
I used to wait often behind that shed and try and take out the three T34's that come from behind the treelined ridge on slightly the left, of which two kills are usually tops best score, but when I'd run way up the hills on the far left I usually do get crippled or killed. When I skip the shooting of those three, I can make it behind the hills and peek around and get sneaky shots, sometimes even shooting with blinded gunner and only just visual from the captain on the cupola, using trees and captain's view of impact to aim indirectly. That's hard and costly on ammo though.
I don't want a cheat, I just want to have some simple advice.
I guess I should go on with them sneak attacks, as it sounds the most logical, but hey, maybe I can learn something :03:

cheers,
Rutger

Assuming you are talking about German mission 7 "Intercepting the Enemy".

1.) Drive your Tiger straight ahead until you just clear the first clump of
trees on your right and stop.
2.)Position yourself at that point where you have a clear view of the road
as it crests the hill and a sweeping view to your right about 30-40 degrees.
3.)The main attack will come from the right. Make sure you kill all those t34s,
Su85s first. Then the Su85s and t34s directly in front of you that come out
of the tree line. The sun is directly in your sight so be very careful.
4.)Now the left side assault my require you to reposition your Tiger before
they see you. With your right side clear you can go on the attack.

A Tip:Set your sights on the first tanks that crest the hill on the road.
They are the t34-76s. Then you can shoot high or low accordingly.
It is vital to acquire a six sense when it come to distance gagging.

Vorwärts Rutger! :up:

ZW :salute:

Newtonious 04-05-12 09:19 PM

Same Place

I'm at same level, tried about 4 times, got 8 tanks but still got my butt shot off Practise Practise On mine it is #4, still wonder if I have the full game
1 Securing Kurtenki
2 Attack on Beskudnikovo
3 Occupying Simashkovo
4 Intercepting the Enemy
5 Holding Hill 500
6 Surviving the Escape.
Newton

ZeeWolf 04-05-12 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtonious (Post 1865764)
I'm at same level, tried about 4 times, got 8 tanks but still got my butt shot off Practise Practise On mine it is #4, still wonder if I have the full game
1 Securing Kurtenki
2 Attack on Beskudnikovo
3 Occupying Simashkovo
4 Intercepting the Enemy
5 Holding Hill 500
6 Surviving the Escape.
Newton

Newtonious! You need " Project ZeeWolf " man! :DL

ZeeWolf :salute:

Newtonious 04-05-12 11:56 PM

Project Zeewolf

Yeah but will it work on my Alienware Laptop, plus I still need to hone my skills on the original before I step up
Newton

Short Final 04-06-12 07:47 PM

As a new member I`ve wriiten a short review of Project Zeewolf using Windows 7 64.
Project Zeewolf January update.

THE GOOD
There has been a huge amount of work and fixes over the original. All six vanilla missions have been reworked with an additional 2 missions, then there`s four Project Zeewolf missions and the Winter campaign has two.
The game looks and feels great. The overall draw distance is quite impessive, though grass and the odd tree popping can be noticed. Control of the tank is fairly simple. I find the missions quite challenging, big, replayable and plenty of room to move.
The Project Zeewolf missions look to go even further giving you the feeling that you`re involved in a massive assault.

THE NOT SO GOOD
The game suffers from a runtime error after playing around three missions . More than half the missions get the floating tank problem after one playthough needing you to restart the game (this is being looked into).
The control settings do not save and will be required to be re-entered whenever you start the game.
With an I-7 975 (4ghz) and a gtx580, frame rates would plummet to 7-23 fps on the Zeewolf and Winter missions, which I found unplayable. Reducing all settings from max to min made no difference (incl res change). CPU showed 2 cores working (20%-40%) and the gpu at around 50%.

There could be more information on the website, and it could be mentioned that Zeewolf will contact you promptly via email once you donate. Was hesitant in joining myself because of this. And I could only find one short vid.
Overall, I`m still glad I got this, just for the reworked vanilla missions and fixes. Best WW2 tank sim I`ve played since Panzer Elite.

Rutger 04-07-12 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1865750)
Assuming you are talking about German mission 7 "Intercepting the Enemy".

1.) Drive your Tiger straight ahead until you just clear the first clump of
trees on your right and stop.
2.)Position yourself at that point where you have a clear view of the road
as it crests the hill and a sweeping view to your right about 30-40 degrees.
3.)The main attack will come from the right. Make sure you kill all those t34s,
Su85s first. Then the Su85s and t34s directly in front of you that come out
of the tree line. The sun is directly in your sight so be very careful.
4.)Now the left side assault my require you to reposition your Tiger before
they see you. With your right side clear you can go on the attack.

A Tip:Set your sights on the first tanks that crest the hill on the road.
They are the t34-76s. Then you can shoot high or low accordingly.
It is vital to acquire a six sense when it come to distance gagging.

Vorwärts Rutger! :up:

That looks like something I've tried on quite a few occasions, it's the quick start suicide version of this battle, I do it when diner is about to be served but want some shooting.
I'll keep on with the sneak attacks, as they do keep me in the game much longer, and yesterday the last two remaining enemies got me because I got sloppy.

On a side note, anyone familiar with Kurowski Panzer Aces? Bought'em on ebay, haven't arrived yet, curious how they are rated as for both entertainment and accuracy in representing the way it happened back then.

Happy eastern to all,
Rutger

Newtonious 04-07-12 02:51 PM

Panzer Aces

Howdy Rutger,
I've previously read Panzers in the mud and I'm reading PA right now, I like em. I'm stuck on Intercepting the Enemy. I was having trouble with Attack on Beskudnikovo before that. Finally made it thru to Occupying Simashkovo which I completed first try after finishing AonB. Got to get my hands, eyes and brain working together
Newon

Rutger 04-14-12 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtonious (Post 1866482)
Howdy Rutger,
I've previously read Panzers in the mud and I'm reading PA right now, I like em. I'm stuck on Intercepting the Enemy. I was having trouble with Attack on Beskudnikovo before that. Finally made it thru to Occupying Simashkovo which I completed first try after finishing AonB. Got to get my hands, eyes and brain working together
Newon

:woot::D:rock:

12 kills Victory at last (after a 100+ defeats :wah:) So much for an ace.
Hid behind the burning shed, front facing to the left, gun to the rear,about 4-5 oclock. Killed the two recce tanks coming down the road when the just passed the little bush that has a light German tank hiding in it. Move a couple feet forward to remain hidden from the tanks that will come down the same road, but enough to the left to see the three tanks that will show up on the left side of the bushed hill on the immediate left of said road. Kill them, race up to the bald hills and hide behind them. From then on its sneak attacks from behind summits, a few of them blind shooting with commander able to see impact only just and gunner not at all.
I was hit at both tracks and near the turret, but with carefull throttling nothing broke. Guess I was lucky, now I should do it another ten times to show progress. Gungho attacks I found suicidal.
By the way, I never use auto driver or auto commander or auto gunner. I don't know if it is sporty to do so, or if other players use it.

Yes Panzer in the Mud, I looked up some reviews, they are good, I think better than the reviews of Panzer Aces.

cheers, next one up! http://www.smilies.be/o/overig/tank.gif

stingray460 04-16-12 06:09 AM

Multiplayer MMP5/7

Hello guys,

I was just wondering if anybody would like to play with me Multipayer - MMP5 mod, I have created a server for 15-players on GameRanger and Iam waiting for anybody who would like to practice and so on.

MMP5 is free multiplayer mod with newer skins, diff versions of Tiger and better graphics, similar to Zeewolfs, but MP only.

Iam waiting for anybody and would be very happy if we can play together or against :)

Cheers

Mike

Rutger 04-19-12 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray460 (Post 1870837)
Hello guys,

I was just wondering if anybody would like to play with me Multipayer - MMP5 mod, I have created a server for 15-players on GameRanger and Iam waiting for anybody who would like to practice and so on.

MMP5 is free multiplayer mod with newer skins, diff versions of Tiger and better graphics, similar to Zeewolfs, but MP only.

Iam waiting for anybody and would be very happy if we can play together or against :)

Cheers

Mike

I sometimes consider it, never done it before. Will consider, but wary of all the software installed on computers, and ending up with ever slower working computer with increasing number of changes that cause trouble to other software on same computer.

Short Final 04-24-12 02:02 AM

Thanks Zeewolf for the April update.
I would very much like to make changes to my review regarding better performance and the floating tank issue, though I found no difference to these upon testing the last German mission and the first Zeewolf mission I`m sorry to report.
3 is the default profile settings on Nvidia card for Max prerendered frames. Antialaising Transparency has been changed to Multisampling in the T34 vs Tiger profile.

ZeeWolf 04-24-12 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Short Final (Post 1874509)
Thanks Zeewolf for the April update.
I would very much like to make changes to my review regarding better performance and the floating tank issue, though I found no difference to these upon testing the last German mission and the first Zeewolf mission I`m sorry to report.
3 is the default profile settings on Nvidia card for Max prerendered frames. Antialaising Transparency has been changed to Multisampling in the T34 vs Tiger profile.

Thanks for your report Short (and all most) Final.

ZW

ZeeWolf 04-24-12 08:33 PM

Kameraden,
I am working on the Playable Tiger models and will have a new download
that will have both mid and early playable Tigers. This is the fix also for the
Early Tigers Turret animation issue. The problem is all the Early Tigers animations
became offset by a export glitch that reduced the time length,
and therefore is the caused of the turret problem. A last minute thing I did
that got by me before adding it to the Update.

Also if you have an e-mail address that ends with @orange.fr or
@comcast.net there is an e-mail problem that I can not fix on my end.

OK guys download the April update again and e-mail me if you have any problems
:up: