SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

jamesklip 08-01-23 12:19 PM

Crush to desktop

If your game crush to desktop after any career or single missions finish the red bar loading, try those:
1. Right-click on your desktop, go to Intel Graphics Properties, and change the monitor refresh rate from 59Hz to 60Hz.
2. Change the compatibility mode from win7 to winXP pack2.

Both work for my laptop.

Aktungbby 08-02-23 09:47 AM

Welcome aboard!

jamesklip!...finally surfaced after a 4 year 'silent run'!:up::Kaleun_Salute:

jerryb 08-08-23 04:15 AM

Single missions

Hi, just set up the onealex SH3 mod and every thing seems ok, but I can't get the single player missions to run. I've obviously missed something. Any idea what? thanks.

SDFilm 08-09-23 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryb (Post 2879807)
Hi, just set up the onealex SH3 mod and every thing seems ok, but I can't get the single player missions to run. I've obviously missed something. Any idea what? thanks.

They should work fine. Did you apply the compatibility settings?

Pelle71 08-27-23 09:39 AM

i just downloaded 1.53, and it says when i oppend the rar file, "corrupt files".

fitzcarraldo 08-27-23 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle71 (Post 2882506)
i just downloaded 1.53, and it says when i oppend the rar file, "corrupt files".

Well..you need to download it again...:03:

This problem is frequent when downloading OneAlex.

Good luck! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Pelle71 08-27-23 10:50 AM

Ok. Thanks brother, i try again.

Pelle71 08-27-23 11:01 AM

Where is the download links for this great work?

kyle9154 08-28-23 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle71 (Post 2882514)
Where is the download links for this great work?

https://gofile.me/2YNK2/8StrLa1aF
or you can get it on the GWX Onealex official discord from the link in my signature

ReallyDedPoet 08-28-23 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesklip (Post 2878873)
If your game crush to desktop after any career or single missions finish the red bar loading, try those:
1. Right-click on your desktop, go to Intel Graphics Properties, and change the monitor refresh rate from 59Hz to 60Hz.
2. Change the compatibility mode from win7 to winXP pack2.

Both work for my laptop.

Welcome to SUBSIM :up:

jerryb 08-31-23 06:18 AM

Onealex crashing

Hi, followed the youtube tutorial on instalation but every time it goes to load a game it crashes to desktop. Help please.

Mister_M 08-31-23 09:03 AM

You probably have not enough RAM.

fitzcarraldo 09-03-23 08:35 AM

Please, a little question:

Where the screenshots go using Ctrl + F11? I took some images but I canīt found where are them...:k_confused:

Many thanks in advance!

Pelle71 09-04-23 04:28 AM

1.53. It say's corrupt files. I have download it 3 times now. So f-it.

Jeremiah110 09-04-23 07:31 AM

Really stable on win 11, only crashes ive had is when @4096 TC and a convoy loads in bad weather or a nearby port loads

Aktungbby 09-04-23 11:47 AM

Welcome back!

Jeremiah110!:Kaleun_Salute:...after a 2-year 'silent run'!:up:

jerryb 09-06-23 06:28 AM

onealex

Posted earlier about not getting the onealex mod to work, chap thinks I don't have enough RAM, got 16GB so I don't think it's that Doesn't matter if I load career or single mission, loading screen finishes and it crashes to desktop. Any other ideas?

fitzcarraldo 09-06-23 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryb (Post 2883867)
Posted earlier about not getting the onealex mod to work, chap thinks I don't have enough RAM, got 16GB so I don't think it's that Doesn't matter if I load career or single mission, loading screen finishes and it crashes to desktop. Any other ideas?

Maybe a corrupted installation...Download the mod again.

Good luck.

all_my_loving 09-17-23 08:18 PM

game causes to crash when I enter the command room in career and single mission mode

The game causes to crash when I enter the command room in career and single mission mode, Except I can enter the command room in naval academy, The above all starts the game from the SH3 command, Any ideas are welcome.:Kaleun_Salute:

ElCid97 09-18-23 06:04 PM

It's been a few months since I've messed around with anythnig "sub" related, so I thought I'd give the OneAlex version a try since I haven't tried the U-Boat side in a LONG time.

I was having exactly the same issue you are having. Loads great and can even get to the point where I'm launching the game.

Every time I tried to go from a "2-D" type screen (menu, starting career patrol, etc) over to a "3-D" screen (the command room where you start in the sub), I would get the black screen then go to desktop.

I have an AMD card -- and system -- with this new rig I got second hand a few weeks ago, so I'm still learning the "ropes" with this thing.

What I CAN tell you is that you have to MAKE SURE that the card is set to "application control" for the anti-aliasing. On my software for the Radeon control there's also a "tesselation" setting that is set to "application control" now as well.

The actual wording on my software is: Use Application Settings

There is also a section for "GPU Workload" that is set for "computing" instead of "graphics" setting.

I was able to get to the control room of the u-boat ONLY AFTER those particular changes.

The other settings can be done from the part in the PDF that's included with the OneAlex 7Z file. It's just after the portion that deals with the minimum requirements. There are a few images of an NVidia setup that OneAlex has which can be used with AMD. You just have to figure out what the values for the different things are since they are a little different with AMD, but it's possible to get it to work.

So, in short: set the anti-aliasing of the AMD card to "application control" and the thing SHOULD work as long as you meet the other requirements for the hardware.

For what it's worth, here are the specs of my "new" rig:

2013 CyberPower AMD computer
-------------------------------

Main: Quad-Core 3.75 Ghz AMD FX 4300 series
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 at 1600 hz
Video: 2 GB GDDR5 VRAM at 1750 AMD RX 460

Good Luck! :salute: