SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2020 » Discussion and Support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247796)

FUBAR295 05-20-21 12:40 PM

LSH3_2020 SH3 Validator errors

Urmel and the LSH3_2020 Team,

You folks have done amazing work on the LSH3_2020 and everything seems to work. :salute: Really looks great. :yeah:

But, when I am in a career mode I get CTD for no apparent reasons and in looking for a possible source, I came across this in SH3 Validator :

Roster errors:
Unrecognized unit type of Belgium found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental
Unrecognized unit type of Denmark found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental
Unrecognized unit type of France found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental
Unrecognized unit type of FreeFrench found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental
Unrecognized unit type of Greece found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental
Unrecognized unit type of Italian found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental
Unrecognized unit type of Netherland found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental
Unrecognized unit type of Norway found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental
Unrecognized unit type of Sweden found in C:\Silent Hunter III LSH3-2020-CAREER\data\Roster\Environmental

Not sure if these are the cause, but thought would share these possible issues with the roster. I am not sure or savvy enough to fix these errors so I thought you may need to look at these.

I am still working on trying to locate any other possible issues as the cause of the CTDs.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

blackswan40 05-20-21 01:23 PM

Hi FUBAR295 I have flagged your post to Ariel and Blueduck on LSH2020 Skype channel

Regards blackswan40

FUBAR295 05-20-21 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackswan40 (Post 2748822)
Hi FUBAR295 I have flagged your post to Ariel and Blueduck on LSH2020 Skype channel

Regards blackswan40

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Anvar1061 05-20-21 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2748811)
Urmel and the LSH3_2020 Team...

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/ima...aleun_Wink.gif
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=135

FUBAR295 05-20-21 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvar1061 (Post 2748829)

:Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1 05-21-21 12:38 AM

Problems loading LSH3-2020

I have returned to try to install LSH3-2020, but find I cannot.
I have downloaded : LSH3-2020-Full and LSH3-2020-Installation files

1.The 'Full' file seems to be a 7z compressed file that I cannot open. I have used 7z for years but have never encrypted anything so there is no password that will permit me to open the '2020-Full' file. I tried 7z Help to set up a 'new' password but that results in an 'Access denied' msg.

2. The 'Installation' file seems to 'extract' 100%, gives me a 'LSH3-2020-Multinstallation.exe Access denied' msg. When I try to run the Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 3 file to run LSHS, it opens with a screen that refers to LSH3-2015 (?) seems to load and then blacks out. LSH3-2015 does not exist on my computer

I can find no independent LSH3 program files loaded anywhere on the drive that would open and run LSH3 , nor can I find any LSH icon or *.exe file for the actual game...so I have assumed that LSH3 modifies the Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 3 files and opens and runs from there. Most frustrating.

Maybe there is a different forum for problems like this, if so, my apologies and please redirect me.
Archive

Urmel 05-21-21 11:45 AM

Dear old Member "Archive1

Thank you for your detailed analysis on the "LSH3-EDITION-2020" files.

Basically the supermod "LSH3-EDITION-2020" consists only of official Ubisoft SH3 files and SH3 patch files officially accepted by Ubisoft.

- About 90% of all SH3 image files have been replaced/created by LSH3.
- About 70% of the original SH3 programming files have been reworked/rebuilt by LSH3.

Supermod "LSH3-2020" is a "freeware supermod", 100% legally created and worked out for the whole world for free!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Technical questions to be able to play "LSH3-EDITION-2020":

1. download the supermod "LSH3-EDITION-2020", at www.lsh3.com
Start download: https://www.lsh3.com/v20/dl/LSH3-2020-INSTALLATION.EXE

2. after downloading, start the downloaded file "LSH3-2020-INSTALLATION.EXE".
and follow the instructions.

3. after the first installation, another installation can be carried out at any time.
The file for this is called "LSH3-2020-MULTIINSTALLATION.EXE".

4. no other programme (z7) is needed for "LSH3-EDITION-2020"!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Archive1, thank you for your statement.

Right here/Subsim it is important that we have clarified this "user issue" - thank you!

I am open for new and further questions 😊

Pelle71 05-25-21 05:50 AM

Thanks Urmel and Fifi! What a beutiful setup! Silent Hunter 3 is like GPL(grand Prix legends, papyrus) It just get better and better every year. Nice work guys, thanks again.

Archive1 05-25-21 10:50 PM

Herr Urmel:
Thank y0u for the extended reply. Unfortunately my success was nil.
I downloaded the LSH3-2020-INSTALLATION.EXE and copied it to (let us say) my E: drive (a fast digital drive) in a folder labelled LSH3 in a drive that contains the original Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 3 program.
When I open it I get 4 files (2 of which are the EN/DE pdf files):
1 is the 7z LSH3-2020-FULL

Archive1 05-25-21 11:06 PM

Herr Urmel:
Thank y0u for the extended reply. Unfortunately my success was nil.

I downloaded the LSH3-2020-INSTALLATION.EXE and copied it to (let us say) my E: drive (a fast digital drive) into a folder labelled LSH3 in a drive that contains the original Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 3 program.

When I open it I get 4 files (2 of which are the EN/DE pdf files):
One is the 7z LSH3-2020-FULL and the second is LSH3-2020-INSTALLATIION file

When I select the INSTALLATION file it seems to extract and I get the Error loading the multigames msg I have described before.

When I then click on the SH3 icon to open the program I find the MODS and JSGME folders are empty and when I click on the SH3.exe icon to run the program I get a black screen, a moving pink ribbon loading line, another black empty screen and a crash back to the desktop.

This is exactly what I have had before. And now the Silent Hunter 3 original program that actually did run, no longer works.

So now, I have no LSH3 and no (old but viable) Silent Hunter 3.

Sorry, but this isn't progress but a retreat.
Cordially,
Archive1

JerseySeven 05-29-21 04:38 PM

Can't pass Navigation Training

Installation went smoothly. Nice job putting this together!

My orders after exiting the channel and going to periscope depth are to dive to 25 meters. There is insufficient depth in the area south of the channel to do so. I keep hitting bottom.:06: What am I missing?

EDIT: I thought the radio messages were supposed to be executed immediately. I ignored the one to turn south and go to 25 m and continued SSE until my depth under the keel was ~32 to 35 m before executing the order. Mission accomplished.

Pelle71 05-30-21 04:49 AM

You have to sail South to you are in the middle of the channel then stear south south west. Good hunting brother :D

JerseySeven 06-02-21 08:52 PM

Resuming a career mid-patrol with LSH3 Commander?

I started my first career, and did the Type IIA patrol, sunk the two targets and returned to the dock.

In the office I gave a medal to a crewman, requested a transfer to 2nd Flotilla, and exited.

However, I noticed if I try to load an earlier save from mid-patrol, it crashes with a message about another instance of SH3 running.

I find, however, I can successfully load the game that puts me back in the office at my home base prior to the next patrol.

Is it not possible to resume a game mid-patrol? What do I do on a long patrol if I cannot keep playing until I return to base?

I'm not trying to use HSIE options with the LHS3 Commander. Am I doing something else wrong?

Archive1 06-04-21 11:09 PM

Urmel:
Did you get my message of problems sent on 25 May?
Archive1

Archive1 06-07-21 11:09 PM

Urmel:
From you:

Dear Archive1, thank you for your statement.
Right here/Subsim it is important that we have clarified this "user issue" - thank you!
I am open for new and further questions :06:

If actually you are available for "further questions", please read my recent emails about continuing install problems which remain unsolved.
Perhaps someone else can resolve?
Archive1

Kal_Maximus_U669 06-11-21 10:40 AM

LsH2020

Hy..Urmel is it possible to have news of your project ....:06:
I can't wait to get my hands on it again:yep::yep: ... Wouldn't you have included FiFi in your team? at the moment i find him rather calm here !!! .. it is not his style:D:D ... maybe he just has something else to do:har::har: ... Urmel good luck .. (God knows it takes .. ) see you soon :Kaleun_Salute:.. Respect and greetings kindly K.M_U669:Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers:

RipTorn 06-18-21 02:44 PM

original install

Does LSH3 modify any files of the original install?

Maddin25 06-23-21 05:07 PM

No, it creates a copy in a new folder.

dr jay 06-29-21 05:19 PM

This is Great!

I love what this mod does the SH3. I can't wait to see the next revision! Have a great summer/winter! j

Sangamon Taylor 07-02-21 09:09 AM

Non-existent grid assignments?

On my last patrol I was assigned to grid AL86, which does not exist.

Is this common? I just ignored it and did whatever I wanted to do.