SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

animal 01-16-11 02:23 PM

would it be possible to model the sight view instead of a texture/hud in the foreground?
the game would work far better in 3d that way... is this possible?

unfortunately when I play in 3d I can't really use the sight optics effectively, though I still enjoy the advantages of depth on range estimation and certainly enjoy seing incoming/outgoing rounds sailing towards targets... not to mention the MG fire is REALLY fun to lay down on running infantry at 1000m. (second burst never misses)

ZeeWolf 01-16-11 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animal (Post 1575570)
would it be possible to model the sight view instead of a texture/hud in the foreground?
the game would work far better in 3d that way... is this possible?

unfortunately when I play in 3d I can't really use the sight optics effectively, though I still enjoy the advantages of depth on range estimation and certainly enjoy seing incoming/outgoing rounds sailing towards targets... not to mention the MG fire is REALLY fun to lay down on running infantry at 1000m. (second burst never misses)

Hi animal,
The site view on the tiger, maybe, but on the Panther Ausf A, yes.

ZW

ingsoc84 01-16-11 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1575189)
Ingo the new product made by ZeeWolf is definitely a great improvement over the flawed original.Check it out Zee has posted free missions on his website which you can download and install,He has remade many of the original missions, improving them greatly and has made new ones based on the battle of Kursk.Try the freebies and see for yourself.

One question was the original game balanced by the developers|?| Because the Tiger really felt understated in terms of killing power???

As far as I remember.. the game was more balanced to even out the odds of the duel between tiger and T34, the stopping power of the tiger was minimialized in favor of this balance. Remember..originally the devs did not have a western publisher and an injection of lots of cash..so the game was going to be released primarily in Russia and former Ukraine...hence..I dont know if many in this audience would like to see their T34's decimated by the tigers at two miles distance. Right before I left Russia...I believe late Oct/Nov..the game was realeased in Russia..and I bought two original copies...and the price was around 200 to 250 rubles.I'll double check...but that is just around 10 dollars..so as you see..the games dont sell for much their..and this was an original issue....when the pirated copies come out..they go to half...so..the devs/investors have not much incentie to spend a lot when the game sells for nothing really in country...the western market is where the money is.
I also found the original commands to be rather confusing and clunky.just not very intuitive to me..and the lack of any realy battle sound..music..although maybe accurate..seemed to leave the game quite flat.
On a good note, I am thrilled that Zeewolf has taken up this project..I really really was so excited when Tiger was released...and then..disappointed at the same time..because I saw a good idea left really unfinished..so Im estatic someone has pulled this together...as sub and tank sims are my favs..and no one is doing much with WW2 german tank sims.
Question..is this going to be released as a one piece stand alone mod..for download or purchase...or parts to be relesaed individual like in PE before the Ostpak edition was released? I love PE..still play it..and the mods there really saved that game..and made it a classic..I would love to see this go this route..and think its in safe hands!

Thanks Zeewolf!:up::up:

ingsoc84 01-16-11 06:26 PM

Game crashes w/out new mod

Zeewolf.or anyone having this issue? Freshly reformatted my pc..no problems..reloaded T34 vs Tiger....GAME will initialize..I get all the splash/intro screens..can adjust settings.select single player..germany(or russia) first battle...then the tank treads sroll across screen indicating game loading game..at end..Crash to desktop..windows error message windows has had to close due to etc....
my specs

Amd Athlon G57 single core 2.8..(game ran fine with this single core earlier) 4 gigs DDRam...Xfi titanium sound cared..Geforece Ultra 8800 768 all drivers updated...

Im wondering if maybe the most up to date drivers are a fault witht the game? ran fine before..(not sure IF it ran with this newer, now old, graphics card, but should work)..any help appreciated.really want to play Zeewolfs new mods and game..and cant understand why this thing is crashing..thanks much..

ZeeWolf 01-16-11 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingsoc84 (Post 1575697)
Zeewolf.or anyone having this issue? Freshly reformatted my pc..no problems..reloaded T34 vs Tiger....GAME will initialize..I get all the splash/intro screens..can adjust settings.select single player..germany(or russia) first battle...then the tank treads sroll across screen indicating game loading game..at end..Crash to desktop..windows error message windows has had to close due to etc....
my specs

Amd Athlon G57 single core 2.8..(game ran fine with this single core earlier) 4 gigs DDRam...Xfi titanium sound cared..Geforece Ultra 8800 768 all drivers updated...

Im wondering if maybe the most up to date drivers are a fault witht the game? ran fine before..(not sure IF it ran with this newer, now old, graphics card, but should work)..any help appreciated.really want to play Zeewolfs new mods and game..and cant understand why this thing is crashing..thanks much..

Hi ingsoc,
It Sounds like you have to clear the cache file:

<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Cache

All so make sure you have DirectX9C installed and then install the video

http://www.tanksimzw.com/data_1/Msvcr_Files.zip

in the T34vsiger root directory. :salute:

ZeeWolf

LcSummers 01-17-11 01:10 AM

Need help

Hi tankers,

have a question on the Sherman Firefly. Who can help me?

Why did the Brits/Canadians removed the front mg? Not enough space/room? What was the reason to eliminate a so much important weapon against infantry? :hmmm:

Thankks Panzermänner

LC

Luftace 01-17-11 10:11 AM

@ LcSummers

From a quick search on the development of the Firefly, it seems the Brits desired more stowage space for the 17 pounder ammo over the hull mg, thus eliminated the bow machine gunner position altogether for this purpose. The 17 pounder was much longer than the 75mm rounds carried by other sherman variants. Hope this helps.:salute:

Link to info source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Firefly

megclay 01-17-11 07:49 PM

trying to save key mapping

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1530941)
Ok guys!:) and Hey morty! :salute:

I figured the "Save Keys" issue out :know:

Saved keys are created and kept here in the following folders:

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps

This location is standard across platforms:

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files.

If you do not have the folders "DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps"
then do the following ; :yep:

1.)Download this file "TvT_saveKeys.7z" by clicking on this line

2.)Drag and drop the DirectX folder in your

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files folder

3.)Now in Tvt set your new keys and see if anyfiles are created
in your new "DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps" folder :ping:

If so your good to go :woot:
if not then your keys where not saved and you OS is blocking it.:o

ZW :salute:

zw
DL not workimg for saveKeys
megclay

ingsoc84 01-17-11 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1575760)
Hi ingsoc,

http://www.tanksimzw.com/data_1/Msvcr_Files.zip (Edited by ZeeWolf)

ZeeWolf

]

Thanks much Zeewolf..I'll check tht out tonight..btw..if you need any pics of original German uniforms/smocks..I have many in my personal collection..you show the guys at Kursk wearing the four pocket ss "dot" pattern tunic..only thing, this tunic was not issued till March 44..predominatley the SS at Kursk wore either (tankers) the standard black uniform..or the one piece camo kombi in plane tree/oak..and the grenadier wore one of many a variety of camo "smocks" over their feldbluse...oak pattern..palm tree was very pervasive..as was the plane tree patterns..and of course..the camo helmet covers to go with it(best if smock and helmet cover dont match..they seldom did)..some of the tankers in the ss divisions also wore a blach hbt shirt issued to SS flak crews..as it was favored for hot weather..was lightweight for summer use..and not so cumbersome as the wool wrapper..if you need pictures of any.I have them all. I used all pics of my collection a long time ago when the original medal of honor came out..and there was a coplete mod called "JoJimbos'" mod..the skinds for the uniforms were outstanding...and really made the difference in authenticity..even the new Call of Dutys have pretty hidious use of the german uniforms..they just dont get them right..nor spend the time to get them accurate.take care..

ingsoc84 01-17-11 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1575760)
Hi ingsoc,

http://www.tanksimzw.com/data_1/Msvcr_Files.zip (Edited by ZeeWolf)

ZeeWolf

Zeewolf..quick quesion..wouldn't this cache be cleared out automatically when I did a fresh reformat of the hard drive? it seems to indicate that windows is crashing..I will look at the exact wording next time..and also try the fix you mentioned..I know sh5 plays seamlessly..with only one core..with the fix they realesed..and graphics are outstanding..my processor is running at 2.9 gzh... so it should hanlde this game fine..as prior to this new format..it worked fine..thanks again!

ZeeWolf 01-17-11 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megclay (Post 1576578)
zw
DL not workimg for saveKeys
megclay

Hello and welcome aboard megclay,
Thanks for the heads up on the DL issue. :up: Try now, if you have any more
trouble try right mouse clicking on the link and select "save link as"

Cheers,:salute:

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 01-17-11 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingsoc84 (Post 1576591)
Zeewolf..quick quesion..wouldn't this cache be cleared out automatically when I did a fresh reformat of the hard drive? it seems to indicate that windows is crashing..I will look at the exact wording next time..and also try the fix you mentioned..I know sh5 plays seamlessly..with only one core..with the fix they realesed..and graphics are outstanding..my processor is running at 2.9 gzh... so it should hanlde this game fine..as prior to this new format..it worked fine..thanks again!

Hi ingsoc,
Of course everything is cleared when you reformat. But there is still an issue
with the TvT cache being cleared after installing new stuff and editing TvT.
So give that a try. Also the windows crash is a hardware conflict issue in most
cases, so keep that in mind too. As for your CPU as long as you have a good GPU,
lots of ram and v-ram you should be ok.

Please keep me informed on your progress, I want you up and running, :up:

And as for the SS uniforms - I can certainly use your help with those mod
uniform files of yours.
Contact me here:
http://www.tanksimzw.com/contact.html
and I will give you a e-mail that you can attach those files to me with.

ATB :salute:
ZeeWolf

ingsoc84 01-18-11 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1576604)
Hi ingsoc,
Of course everything is cleared when you reformat. But there is still an issue
with the TvT cache being cleared after installing new stuff and editing TvT.
So give that a try. Also the windows crash is a hardware conflict issue in most
cases, so keep that in mind too. As for your CPU as long as you have a good GPU,
lots of ram and v-ram you should be ok.

Please keep me informed on your progress, I want you up and running, :up:

And as for the SS uniforms - I can certainly use your help with those mod
uniform files of yours.
Contact me here:
http://www.tanksimzw.com/contact.html
and I will give you a e-mail that you can attach those files to me with.

ATB :salute:
ZeeWolf

Hello Zeewolf..thanks..I cleared out the cache..still crashed.I get this message:

T34.exe has encountered a problem and has had to close..and in the details...this tech info:

AppName: tvst.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: objects.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00196c7b

When t34 worked..I had windows xp sp3 (Like now) however two nvidia geforce cards..running in sli..combined ram 512..I will have to look what geforce model the cards were and Iwas running an audigy 4 sond card..NOW I have everything also identical.but hae nvidia 8800 GT with 768 vram.and have an soundblasster Xt fi sound cards..of course, I am running much updated drivers of the invidia card..I think back then it was in the 160 or smething..and running different drivers for the old card..that is the only difference between the old sys which ran the game fine..and the system now..which as menitoned has better graphics card and sound card..
SH5 plays on this computer I have now..very fast..and also played fine on the older video card and sound card..so..it could be a hardware conflict that this newer (although now old) video card has with the game..not sure..the game came out in 08 end of 07 and this card came out probably in 08/09..but..still I cant imagine why this card would crash the game..unless the drivers simply are not compatiable..kind of stumped here.but..maybe you can see something in the error code which I printed..I'll get some files off to you.thanks!

P.S. I did not yet add any mods to the game so..should have no editing issues..trying to run the game stock out of the box.

P.S.S. I also clicked on and pasted this link you gave me::

http://www.tanksimzw/data_1/Msvcr_Files.zip

however.the link came up dead.does this replace the start up in game video? thanks..gosh I want to resolve this and play your game!

ingsoc84 01-18-11 02:56 AM

Hello Zeewolf..I do remember now th game would play months ago when I did in fact have the newer video card..all but the drivers then were much older..well..new at the time.. I tried shuttting sound hardware acceleration off..still crash..and also tried running at various resolutions.from high to low..still crash..thanks for any help.

Should I rollback my video drivers to a much earlier version? say..around 186.18
current drivers are upto date nvidia drivers version: 260.99

I did a complete troubleshoot for my directx 9.0c and my video cards..all tests came back no problems and working fine..no conflicts or bad files.

guisong 01-18-11 04:03 AM

Hi, I am new here, Fabian from L.A

Hi, I am new here, Fabian from L.A just asking if somebody knows
a basic tutorial about how to use the steel fury mission editor!

thanks

Fabian

frinik 01-18-11 07:49 AM

SF Mission Editor

hI Guisong/Fabian ; one basic, GOLDEN rule before you barge in on a thread which has nothing to do with what you're asking.READ or CHECK all the Threads on the forum.THere are several threads with stickies /posts dedicated to Steel Fury.This one deals with the game T34 versus Tiger (tVSt).

There 's a nice guy named Kyth who offers a link on how to use SF mission editor please consult the appropriate thread to find the link.

Cheers

ZeeWolf 01-18-11 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingsoc84 (Post 1576720)
Hello Zeewolf..I do remember now th game would play months ago when I did in fact have the newer video card..all but the drivers then were much older..well..new at the time.. I tried shuttting sound hardware acceleration off..still crash..and also tried running at various resolutions.from high to low..still crash..thanks for any help.

Should I rollback my video drivers to a much earlier version? say..around 186.18
current drivers are upto date nvidia drivers version: 260.99

I did a complete troubleshoot for my directx 9.0c and my video cards..all tests came back no problems and working fine..no conflicts or bad files.

I think the best thing to do first is to re-install TvT, and get the default
game working first. Then step by step add the various DL's one by one
until you can eliminate TvT from being the cause.

Note: before you Re-install do a UN-install. Then go in manually and delete
any and all remaining files and folders. Only after you do this do you
Re-install the default game.

A methodical approach is the best way.:salute:

ZeeWolf

ingsoc84 01-18-11 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1577118)
I think the best thing to do first is to re-install TvT, and get the default
game working first. Then step by step add the various DL's one by one
until you can eliminate TvT from being the cause.

Note: before you Re-install do a UN-install. Then go in manually and delete
any and all remaining files and folders. Only after you do this do you
Re-install the default game.

A methodical approach is the best way.:salute:

ZeeWolf

Hi Zeewolf..I uninstalled..wiped everything in the lighthouse file...uninstalled drivers to 186.16...game still crashes back to desktop..so.I think Im running out of options here to get the game working....the pc is essentially running as it did when I last played TvT..so..Im at a loss to understand why it keeps crashing.if you can think of anything else..please let me know..I have run out of ideas..unfortunately..and no issues with my hardware/software that I can find..I am running windows sp3..but was running that last time the game worked..thanks!

ZeeWolf 01-18-11 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingsoc84 (Post 1577402)
Hi Zeewolf..I uninstalled..wiped everything in the lighthouse file...uninstalled drivers to 186.16...game still crashes back to desktop..so.I think Im running out of options here to get the game working....the pc is essentially running as it did when I last played TvT..so..Im at a loss to understand why it keeps crashing.if you can think of anything else..please let me know..I have run out of ideas..unfortunately..and no issues with my hardware/software that I can find..I am running windows sp3..but was running that last time the game worked..thanks!

Don't worry I it ran before it will run again. In the folder: T34vsTiger\Video
try deleting the video files.

ZeeWolf

LcSummers 01-19-11 03:09 AM

HI Luftace

[QUOTE=Luftace;1576050]@ LcSummers

From a quick search on the development of the Firefly, it seems the Brits desired more stowage space for the 17 pounder ammo over the hull mg, thus eliminated the bow machine gunner position altogether for this purpose. The 17 pounder was much longer than the 75mm rounds carried by other sherman variants. Hope this helps.:salute:

Hi Luftace,

thank you very much for helping me on this question. Now i know why the Firefly didnt had the front mg. This will be helpfull in the future releases and for sure for me.

Great :salute:

LC