SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Deck Guns, One shot/One Kill (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192289)

Dbmsts 02-08-12 01:04 PM

Deck Guns, One shot/One Kill

Does anyone have a mod that enables the deck guns to destroy any ship with a single shot?

Dbmsts 02-09-12 12:03 PM

anyone?

Sailor Steve 02-09-12 12:57 PM

Not me.

Dbmsts 02-10-12 07:19 AM

I've download S3D and opened up gun_sub.sim. I don't know how to change the value of effect under the group fire, it's in hexdecimal. Editor's description about this field is "The cannon's fire effect". Maybe this field can be manipulated to make the gun more powerful.

Sailor Steve 02-10-12 02:05 PM

Maybe, but someone with hex editing skills would have to help you. It's beyond me.

Fubar2Niner 02-10-12 05:17 PM

I don't and not quite sure why you'd want to :hmmm:

But hey to each his own.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Madox58 02-10-12 05:26 PM

You need to adjust the Shells.zon file, not the gun.
Open the GUNS_SUB.sim file, find the ID for each shell used.
Open the Shells.zon and use search to find the proper Node.
Then play with the settings until your happily Nukeing everything in range.
:D

krashkart 02-10-12 05:50 PM

I just use the shell ID's from the 18-inch guns. It's not exactly Atomic Annie... but close enough. :D

privateer's idea is actually far better, though. I found out the other day how to really up the whoopass factor of torpedoes -- it's all in the zon file. :yep:

Madox58 02-10-12 06:12 PM

If you up the settings to much you'll get flying Ships and other funny crap going on.
:haha:
Do a search at YouTube and you'll see plenty of crazyness.
:yep:

krashkart 02-10-12 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1836817)
If you up the settings to much you'll get flying Ships and other funny crap going on.
:haha:
Do a search at YouTube and you'll see plenty of crazyness.
:yep:

Set the impulse high enough in that other torpedo file and you get all sorts of fun with patrol boats. Elcos just kind of *disappear*... and good riddance. :D It was a lot of fun at first. :haha:

I had better results with the zon file. I picked some values moderate enough to sink a ship without causing excessive cartwheeling... :rotfl2:

Dbmsts 02-10-12 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1836783)
You need to adjust the Shells.zon file, not the gun.
Open the GUNS_SUB.sim file, find the ID for each shell used.
Open the Shells.zon and use search to find the proper Node.
Then play with the settings until your happily Nukeing everything in range.
:D

How do I find the shell id. I was reading another thread about finding shell id and the person was recommending to use a hex editor to open gun_sub.sim. Do I have to open Gun_sub.sim with S3D or a hex editor?

Once I do find the ID how do I edit shells.zon?

krashkart 02-10-12 09:52 PM

I can give you a quick hint: S3D will do what you would normally do with a hex editor. Try both methods and see what works best for you. :yep: