SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   How to remove the ship's status bar ? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245692)

Pascal 06-26-20 07:30 AM

How to remove the ship's status bar ?

I'm surprised that there is no Mod to remove this bar that alters the view with the uzzo and periscope.
Where is the graphics file, so I can turn it into a transparency?
Merci.

vdr1981 06-26-20 07:45 AM

Ship damage meter can be easily disabled from gameplay settings menu. :yep:

Pascal 06-26-20 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2679982)
Ship damage meter can be easily disabled from gameplay settings menu. :yep:

Great! But where, I see the option underwater gauge, I see the option no updated contact ...;but no option boat life bar canceled...

vdr1981 06-26-20 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 2680009)
Great! But where, I see the option underwater gauge, I see the option no updated contact ...;but no option boat life bar canceled...

https://i.postimg.cc/PqcqnzKf/SH5-Im...5-22-00-05.jpg

Pascal 06-27-20 06:50 AM

Yes, first of all thank you for your answer.
In my French game, I have this option translated differently: "submarine damage gauges".
However, I tried this option, without result, neither on the ships which still have their health bar, nor on the submarine which still displays its damage in %.

Game Downloaded in Gold

vdr1981 06-27-20 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 2680159)
Yes, first of all thank you for your answer.
In my French game, I have this option translated differently: "submarine damage gauges".
However, I tried this option, without result, neither on the ships which still have their health bar, nor on the submarine which still displays its damage in %.

Game Downloaded in Gold

Regardless of the the translation it is THE option for mentioned arcade structural damage/flooding bars and I really don't remember that anyone ever reported any problems with it, both in stock or modded game.

Pascal 06-30-20 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2680260)
Regardless of the the translation it is THE option for mentioned arcade structural damage/flooding bars and I really don't remember that anyone ever reported any problems with it, both in stock or modded game.

Oui, it's curious, but it doesn't work here. So, I'm going to try to find the 2 or 3 files of this bar to make it invisible.

Kiptanoi 07-19-20 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 2680751)
Oui, it's curious, but it doesn't work here. So, I'm going to try to find the 2 or 3 files of this bar to make it invisible.

I have the same issue in stock game without mods.
If I tick the checkbox the life indicators is still show in game for me.

Pascal 07-19-20 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiptanoi (Post 2684193)
I have the same issue in stock game without mods.
If I tick the checkbox the life indicators is still show in game for me.

There's bound to be a sailor here on this forum who knows where the files for this useless bar are located - and we'll make it invisible!

Ashikaga 08-25-20 06:45 PM

Have you tried to enable it in the bunker via your bunker save?

OLtzS Ashikaga

Pascal 08-27-20 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2691993)
Have you tried to enable it in the bunker via your bunker save?

OLtzS Ashikaga

Yes, I did - no result

Ashikaga 08-31-20 10:05 PM

I replicated the error. Turned it off in bunker. Two sunk ships later the bar returned miraculously.

OLtzS Ashikaga

Pascal 02-02-21 07:06 AM

No but it's incredible, there are Mods on absolutely everything in this game, but nothing to remove this useless and ugly boat health bar!

gap 02-02-21 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 2726561)
No but it's incredible, there are Mods on absolutely everything in this game, but nothing to remove this useless and ugly boat health bar!

No one felt like creating a mod for that because for most players the menu option that has already been mentioned below in this thread, works as supposed.

I am pretty sure that that annoying bar can be removed with a mod too, but I doubt it to be as easy as editing a couple of texture files. Menu Editor is the tool you need for investigating the issue and possibly for solving It.

Pascal 02-02-21 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2726619)
No one felt like creating a mod for that because for most players the menu option that has already been mentioned below in this thread, works as supposed.

I am pretty sure that that annoying bar can be removed with a mod too, but I doubt it to be as easy as editing a couple of texture files. Menu Editor is the tool you need for investigating the issue and possibly for solving It.

Oui, merci. if I knew where are the images composing this bar, I would know how to make them transparent with Photoshop