SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Magnified Hud Dials for Operation Monsun (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=199569)

CapnScurvy 11-02-12 06:20 PM

Magnified Hud Dials for Operation Monsun

Due to a broken link in the "Grandpa's Gauges" mod (which uses my Magnified Hud Dials mod) I made a compatible version for both Operation Monsun v720/patch5, and the OM+OMEGU v300/patch7. Both mods are released with their downloads on the SubSim "Downloads" server. I wish to thank themrwho for his work on making the "Grandpa Gauges" mod, and his gracious credit he gave to me for his inspiration. His work inspired me to return the favor and make this mod.

Within the separate versions are two different sized mods, one "Large", the other "Medium". Depending on the type of system you use, and the necessity to enlarge the dials. You should choose the version that suits you best. The "Large" version will work well with the type of system that has resolutions in the 1920x1080 range. The "Medium" will of course be smaller, for something in the mid range resolutions.

Download Links:

Magnified Hud Dials for OMv720
Use this with Operation Monsun v705 to V720/patch5 (Follow the OM installation order)

Magnified Hud Dials for OM+OMEGU
Use this with OM v705 to V720/patch5 PLUS OMEGU v300/patch7

The two separate sized versions are found within the "Main" Download folder. README'S are included, please follow the installation instructions.

Below is the Attack Periscope screen of the OM+OMEGU mod. The resolution of the images were 1280x1024:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...OldOMOMEGU.jpg

The "Medium" sized Hud dials will look like this:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...HUDOMOMEGU.jpg

The "Large" sized dials will look like this:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...HUDOMOMEGU.jpg

BigWalleye 11-03-12 07:10 AM

Thank you, Cap'n! This is a great help to everyone who uses the Om/OMEGU package. Grampa's Gauges was a wonderful idea, but many of us found it after the link was gone. Thanks to your work, we now have an alternative. I am eager to try it.

Sailor Steve 11-03-12 09:24 AM

Just beautiful! Thanks!

Now if someone could just do an SH4 version of FLB_Sales's Simfeeling 6-Dials mod...

BigWalleye 11-03-12 11:50 AM

Once I understood Karamazov's original intent with the perspective dials, I immediately geared up to remove the "fix" from Cap'n Scurvy's new mod and restore the Karamazov perspective version. But, just to be fair, I loaded and looked at both versions first. Frankly, I found I prefer the Cap'n's new version. He has kept a perspective view, just made the perspective angle flatter and less extreme, and the dial inset shallower. Since the TDC and torpedo panels are actually flat 2d (you can't move the PoV), I find the milder perspective treatment more pleasing to my eye. Just my opinion. YMMV.

CapnScurvy 11-26-12 11:28 PM

Thanks to BigWalleye for finding a minor problem with one of the TDC dial needles on the UZO screen of the "Magnified Hud Dials for OM+OMEGU".

I've corrected the download files and have them updated on the "Downloads" page of this forum. Use the links found on the first post of this thread to take you to the latest released version.

Again, thanks to BigWalleye for finding the issue and bringing it to my attention.

Sepp von Ch. 11-27-12 04:19 AM

Thank you!

hitmanuw 11-27-12 08:11 AM

heya witch mod u use for that TDC UI ? or is in OM integrate ?

Sepp von Ch. 11-27-12 08:57 AM

Yep, karamazow´s UI for OM/OMEGU.

hitmanuw 11-27-12 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz (Post 1966856)
Yep, karamazow´s UI for OM/OMEGU.

no download link for that mod or all are death :( can u give me a good link ty

BigWalleye 11-27-12 12:04 PM

Did you look on the SubSim download pages?

hitmanuw 11-27-12 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWalleye (Post 1966924)
Did you look on the SubSim download pages?

yup and i didnt found it ...

CapnScurvy 11-27-12 12:24 PM

Look at the "Mega Mods" page under the SH4 section of the "Downloads". All of Lurker's Operation Monsun mods are there.

The correct order of activation for the latest Operation Monsun mods are:

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch 5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch 7

The OMEGU v300 mods have the new TDC interface.

You'll need to download each mod seperately, then activate them in this order through JSGME. Use one of the two "Magnified Hud Dials for OM+OMEGU" (either Large or Medium), to resize the three dials on the bottom of the screen. Activate this Magnified Dials mod after the other five mods.

hitmanuw 11-28-12 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnScurvy (Post 1966935)
Look at the "Mega Mods" page under the SH4 section of the "Downloads". All of Lurker's Operation Monsun mods are there.

The correct order of activation for the latest Operation Monsun mods are:

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch 5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch 7

The OMEGU v300 mods have the new TDC interface.

You'll need to download each mod seperately, then activate them in this order through JSGME. Use one of the two "Magnified Hud Dials for OM+OMEGU" (either Large or Medium), to resize the three dials on the bottom of the screen. Activate this Magnified Dials mod after the other five mods.

i have exactly that order and my TDC interface is same as stock game is not like yours .....when ill play the tutorial mission ill have the UI but when ill start a new career then ill got the stock TDC UI any solution ty

BigWalleye 11-28-12 08:56 AM

Make sure you select "U-boat Campaign" from the main menu, or you'll wind up in an American boat in the stock game.

CapnScurvy 11-28-12 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmanuw
i have exactly that order and my TDC interface is same as stock game is not like yours .....when ill play the tutorial mission ill have the UI but when ill start a new career then ill got the stock TDC UI any solution ty

So...... you'll get the TDC UI with a tutorial mission......but not when you start a German Campaign!?!?!?

Man that's weird!!

Reading only the first part of your reply..... (i have exactly that order and my TDC interface is same as stock game is not like yours) I was going to suggest you check to make sure the five mods are in JSGME correctly. What I was going to have you do is open the "MODS" folder of JSGME, found in the main game folder of "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific/" folder. Open each mod to it's first folder found within it's title folder and make sure it's named "Data". In other words, the OpsMonsun_V705 mod should have it's structure look like this:

OpsMonsun_V705/Data/ and so on with additional folders and files.

Each of the five specific mods should have the folder "Data" second in-line after the title folder. Sometimes a gamer will not realize he installed a mod within another mod title, or accidentally added a group of mods together when they needed to each be added separately. The only way any mod gets put into the game is by having the named mod folder, followed directly by the "Data" folder.

However, since you say you have the new TDC interface while using a tutorial mission, but not a Campaign/Career is a real puzzle.

Just to follow up, as the game loads, do you see a different opening screen image with "Operation Monsun" printed on the image? If so, then at least the OMEGU_v300 is loading. The question is.......is the OMEGU_v300_Patch7 being loaded? I don't know what the patch corrects, but again it goes back to what I initially said, is the patch mod structure the way it should be to be activated into the game?

Lastly, you may try deleting your "SH4" folder. This folder contains the basic game options setup that you set and stores them for the next time you start the game. It also keeps your saved game points when you make them. I hope your not in love with a previously saved game but......my recommendation is to delete this folder and restart the game with the 5 OM mods correctly installed.

Depending on your computers Operating System, you'll find the "SH4" folder under the "My Documents" folder. Just delete the entire folder. Don't worry, the folder will be produced the next time you start the game. You'll need to return to the "Options" page to reset your resolution settings if their different from the default (everything returns to default when you delete the SH4 folder). To have the resolution reset, you'll need to exit the game and restart.

Will this help? Beats the tar out of me! Besides having you stand on one foot and whistle Dixie, I'm running out of ideas.:huh: