SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   SH4 Misson Editior Exasperation !! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128411)

beartooth91 01-06-08 01:49 PM

SH4 Misson Editior Exasperation !!

Help !!

As indicated in another post, I'm working on recreating some single war patrols. So, I attempted to do Harder's 2nd war patrol off Honshu (Sep - Oct 43). Everything **appears** to work, but, the boat comes up as a Gar in the game (war patrol selection), not a Gato, and a Gato isn't selectable. What gives ?? When I built the patrol, I selected a Gato and dropped it onto the map. I've tried fixing this several times and can't figure it out. Any ideas ?

Thanks

beartooth91

ReallyDedPoet 01-06-08 02:01 PM

Maybe touch base/PM with some of the lads that have already created some missions, etc, they may be able to help out cdrsubron7 comes to mind, FAdmiral is another :yep:

RDP

FAdmiral 01-06-08 04:15 PM

I had that problem with some of my first patrols I did. Then someone posted
that you need to set the boat date to the beginning date of the patrol. When
I did that, the boat I had selected for the patrol came out OK....

JIM

beartooth91 01-06-08 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAdmiral

JIM

Which date ? There are 3 date setting fields I know of: Mission Parameters; the remaining two are in the unit properties dialog box: Unit Version Date (month & year only), and Entry Date/Time. Which one and what date needs to be in there ?

FAdmiral 01-06-08 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beartooth91
Quote:

Originally Posted by FAdmiral

JIM

Which date ? There are 3 date setting fields I know of: Mission Parameters; the remaining two are in the unit properties dialog box: Unit Version Date (month & year only), and Entry Date/Time. Which one and what date needs to be in there ?

In the unit version info box (sub), the entry date (start of your patrol) has to be the same as the boat version date. They are same = you get your boat !!

JIM

Skipbo 01-07-08 12:55 AM

Jim,

Your advice was timely and right on target. I was having the same problem mentioned above trying to get a Gato to show up this evening in a mission that I had previously designed. Wanted to see my new USS Harder skin from the Kill Flags mod team. Making the date change that you suggested immediately solved the problem. Thanks a million (until you're better paid!).

Happy Hunting...............Skipbo (also a Jim)