SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL/WIP] Z-plan (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=172561)

Schwieger 06-06-11 04:05 PM

Practical :)

Brewster 06-06-11 04:22 PM

I'm in love with them and i want them !

Keep up the good work my friend!:salute:

Karle94 06-06-11 05:36 PM

I have been working on this one all day and I have come as far as beta testing. I have found out that Saint Nazaire is just about the only place where you can start from while starting outside the harbor without running aground. She`s barely 1-2 meters from hitting the bottom. That is the reason for me being reluctant to make this mod.

Brewster 06-06-11 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karle94 (Post 1678862)
I have been working on this one all day and I have come as far as beta testing. I have found out that Saint Nazaire is just about the only place where you can start from while starting outside the harbor without running aground. She`s barely 1-2 meters from hitting the bottom. That is the reason for me being reluctant to make this mod.

Try if you can make the ship lighter so it wont be so deep in the water ?

even if i must sail if from Rotterdam tot the Pacific i wont care haha.

Brewster 06-07-11 10:10 AM

Uhm i have the h-39 installed with jsgme but it wont appear in the game..

Karle94 06-07-11 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 1679250)
Uhm i have the h-39 installed with jsgme but it wont appear in the game..

Are you sure that you followed the install instructions? If you did then the only thing that I know of that will cause this is that you have another ship for the German side activated.

Brewster 06-07-11 01:48 PM

I've got it working :yeah: great boot. Know i want the H-44 really bad !

Captain_Rockwell_Torry 06-07-11 01:49 PM

Operation Monsoon needed?

Do all of your ships require Operation Monsoon? And where can I get it and what version do I need?

Thanks
Captain Rockwell Torry:-?

Karle94 06-07-11 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Rockwell_Torry (Post 1679406)
Do all of your ships require Operation Monsoon? And where can I get it and what version do I need?

Thanks
Captain Rockwell Torry:-?

All the German ships require OM to work properly. Any versions of OM with or without OMEGU should wotk fine. OM and OMEGU can be found in the Downloads section.

Captain_Rockwell_Torry 06-07-11 03:32 PM

Thanks for the info Karle94. I haven't got to try your ships out yet, but they look great and I complement you on your work. I've been out of touch for about two years not having internet access again until recently. I used to do some modding for the old Destroyer Command game and had some of the old mods for SH4. But I'm having to start all over again and redownload SH4 mods. However it looks like the new mods are far better than what was available the last time I was out here. Anyway keep up the good work.

Captain Rockwell Torry

Brewster 06-08-11 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karle94 (Post 1678862)

I was thinking.. in these days Rotterdam and a Brazil harbor are the deepest.. so maybe look at the options of starting at Rotterdam or Brazil ?

I don"t know much about pre-war Rotterdam because we were blow away by the germans but i guess it was pretty deep then to..

Karle94 06-10-11 02:42 PM

So... I have done some teting. I might have overexagerated the problem with shallow water. If you start at Brest, Saint Nazaire and Kiel everything should be fine. As long as you start outside the harbor.

I also made three new shells cause the biggest you get in the game is 16 inch shells. A merchant sinks specacularly with only one shell. I also tested it against the Sovetsky Soyuz. With armor level at 85 and hitpoints at 50000 she starts to go down bow or aft first while listing. Takes some time for the unit to be destroyed though. I made an AP shell, HE shell and an AA shell. She will be ready soon. For those of you that`s impatient I might release a beta version if you ask for it.

Brewster 06-10-11 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karle94 (Post 1681233)
So... I have done some teting. I might have overexagerated the problem with shallow water. If you start at Brest, Saint Nazaire and Kiel everything should be fine. As long as you start outside the harbor.

I also made three new shells cause the biggest you get in the game is 16 inch shells. A merchant sinks specacularly with only one shell. I also tested it against the Sovetsky Soyuz. With armor level at 85 and hitpoints at 50000 she starts to go down bow or aft first while listing. Takes some time for the unit to be destroyed though. I made an AP shell, HE shell and an AA shell. She will be ready soon. For those of you that`s impatient I might release a beta version if you ask for it.

I want it i want it i want it :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Karle94 06-10-11 03:23 PM

Hera ya go:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20423623/H-44_V1.0.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?gwaxibkkk0ia6gz

Brewster 06-10-11 03:30 PM

Thanks!

Gamefront link didn't work. mediafire did work.

I will get back tot tell you of it worked.

Karle94 06-10-11 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 1681265)
Thanks!

Gamefront link didn't work. mediafire did work.

I will get back tot tell you of it worked.

You just have to wait a moment. It works now.

Brewster 06-10-11 03:49 PM

Alright nice nice nice boat.

But :

Maybe some more side guns ? it looks so weak on the side.
Well nothing more to say its a great boat cant wait till the full working version.

Karle94 06-10-11 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 1681274)
Alright nice nice nice boat.

But :

Maybe some more side guns ? it looks so weak on the side.
Well nothing more to say its a great boat cant wait till the full working version.

Actually she was designed with 12 six inch secondaries, six turrets, two barrels. She also would be armed with 16 10,5 cm Flak guns, eight turrets two barrels. Number of medium and light AA varies from source to source.

Brewster 06-10-11 04:36 PM

Well on the sides it looks so weak and i don't give a damn of historic correctness.

The sides are missing real fire power buts thats just my opinion.

Karle94 06-10-11 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 1681290)
Well on the sides it looks so weak and i don't give a damn of historic correctness.

The sides are missing real fire power buts thats just my opinion.

The sides don`t really need much firepower cause she got eight 20 inch guns, that`s 508mm, 50,8 cm. The secondary batteries are for destroyers and light cruisers.