SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   How to fire torpedoes with FOTRS mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250124)

cuda418 07-29-21 02:46 PM

How to fire torpedoes with FOTRS mod

I installed the mod and everything seems to work but I tried a EZ torpedo tutorial and torpedoes just dont fire anymore. The button makes a clicking sound but nothing happens.

Was a step added? I even tried realism ZERO and it still wont fire a torpedo.

Any suggestions?

Mad Mardigan 07-29-21 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuda418 (Post 2760126)
I installed the mod and everything seems to work but I tried a EZ torpedo tutorial and torpedoes just dont fire anymore. The button makes a clicking sound but nothing happens.

Was a step added? I even tried realism ZERO and it still wont fire a torpedo.

Any suggestions?

Torps... will NOT fire... UNLESS, you open the torp tube doors.. (Q) button.

Just as in real life.... :shucks: :yep:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

cuda418 07-29-21 03:42 PM

Yeah, my bad, too much UBOAT.

Only issue I have now is the camera options seem to be limited with this mod, I cant cycle through units, other than that I think I got it working!

Mad Mardigan 07-29-21 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuda418 (Post 2760135)
Yeah, my bad, too much UBOAT.

Only issue I have now is the camera options seem to be limited with this mod, I cant cycle through units, other than that I think I got it working!

In the office... before you go on patrol... click on the radio, (located to the left of the desk) that is the options selector for careers... setting options from the main menu, will NOT do it for you.

If you want the option to be able to free view other units, besides your own sub... you have to select it in the office options settings (aka Radio) there.

Hope this helps... :Kaleun_Cheers: :up:

M. M.

KaleunMarco 07-29-21 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2760137)
In the office... before you go on patrol... click on the radio, (located to the left of the desk) that is the options selector for careers... setting options from the main menu, will NOT do it for you.

If you want the option to be able to free view other units, besides your own sub... you have to select it in the office options settings (aka Radio) there.

Hope this helps... :Kaleun_Cheers: :up:

M. M.

It appears as if you are conducting 101-Level Silent Hunter 4 Class, here.:Kaleun_Applaud:

Mad Mardigan 07-29-21 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2760138)
It appears as if you are conducting 101-Level Silent Hunter 4 Class, here.:Kaleun_Applaud:

Yeah... but, if it is about a topic in regards to it.. that I'm not familiar with or not entirely sure on answering... I shall step away from the podium & allow another who's knowledgeable step up to it... *nod*

I'd rather they be taught right than wrong... you know. :yep:

M. M.

KaleunMarco 07-29-21 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2760139)
Yeah... but, if it is about a topic in regards to it.. that I'm not familiar with or not entirely sure on answering... I shall step away from the podium & allow another who's knowledgeable step up to it... *nod*

I'd rather they be taught right than wrong... you know. :yep:

M. M.

my comment was just a bit of humor. {i have to stop reading tolkien. my humor is becoming too brit-like}

Mad Mardigan 07-29-21 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2760151)
my comment was just a bit of humor. {i have to stop reading tolkien. my humor is becoming too brit-like}

My prob is.. I have too much of a serious side to Me & take things literally... I do try & have a humorous side to Me, but.. oft times, it crops up at the wrong time. :/

M. M.

Aktungbby 07-29-21 10:04 PM

Welcome aboard!

cuda418!:Kaleun_Salute:

Fairwater 07-31-21 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2760131)
Torps... will NOT fire... UNLESS, you open the torp tube doors.. (Q) button.

Just as in real life.... :shucks: :yep:

M. M.

This has happened to me. Even without mods, sometimes forget to open the torp doors.

Aktungbby 07-31-21 03:15 PM

welcome aboard!

Fairwater!:Kaleun_Salute:

Fairwater 07-31-21 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2760435)
Fairwater!:Kaleun_Salute:

:up: Thanks