SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]OpenHatch_V3_RH released (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104514)

Reece 02-10-10 07:44 PM

Yes, when you dive they take their positions, or they should, just dive and check!:yep:

JCWolf 02-10-10 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1264240)
Yes, when you dive they take their positions, or they should, just dive and check!:yep:

OK, But why is that?

Who " Drives the Boat when surfaced and following a course?

That is wierd!:06:

Captain Nemo 02-11-10 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCWolf (Post 1264253)
OK, But why is that?

Who " Drives the Boat when surfaced and following a course?

That is wierd!:06:

The two crewmen you refer to operate the forward and aft dive planes so when the u-boat is on the surface they are not required and can take a break. They will only take up their positions when submerged. However, this does not affect the crew management screen (F7).

Nemo

Rapt0r56 02-11-10 03:49 AM

Quote:

The two crewmen you refer to operate the forward and aft dive planes so when the u-boat is on the surface they are not required and can take a break. They will only take up their positions when submerged. However, this does not affect the crew management screen (F7).
Could'nt explained any better.:up:
You can see it in Das Boot aswell, when they dive/crashdive the watch men jumps down and 2 of them go up to their positions.

DivingDuck 02-11-10 06:15 AM

Moin JC,

in your OH version the two helmsmen leave/occupy their seats depending on subīs depth. The next version uses another approach. You will have to order all hands on deck to make them leave their cosy seats. They will re-appaer when diving.

Regards,
DD

JCWolf 02-11-10 06:34 AM

Thanks guys...stupid ignorante...LOL

To much time away from here I guess...LOL:haha:

lucagaeta 02-12-10 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivingDuck (Post 1264499)
Moin JC,

in your OH version the two helmsmen leave/occupy their seats depending on subīs depth. The next version uses another approach. You will have to order all hands on deck to make them leave their cosy seats. They will re-appaer when diving.

Regards,
DD

Hi DD,

Always great to so many ideas, we are all waiting impatiently:D
version of FM have already implemented these new?:o

Regards
Luca

kassman 02-15-10 03:20 PM

Hi Guys,

I've recently got back into SH3 and i've installed this mod. Really lovin this one, except all the food, lol. I've looked back through the thread and read a way to remove the food nodes. I'm quite happy to keep the crates of fruit and bread, just reduce the amount of hanging stuff.

My question is, if i do this how will it affect the part of the mod that depletes the food over time in-line with diesel? The last thing i want when i'm half way through a patrol is for SH3 to lock up or crash to desktop because i've deleted some sausages, lol

Does anyone know how to remove that part of the mod that controls the food depleting?

Jimbuna 02-15-10 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kassman (Post 1268777)
Hi Guys,

I've recently got back into SH3 and i've installed this mod. Really lovin this one, except all the food, lol. I've looked back through the thread and read a way to remove the food nodes. I'm quite happy to keep the crates of fruit and bread, just reduce the amount of hanging stuff.

My question is, if i do this how will it affect the part of the mod that depletes the food over time in-line with diesel? The last thing i want when i'm half way through a patrol is for SH3 to lock up or crash to desktop because i've deleted some sausages, lol

Does anyone know how to remove that part of the mod that controls the food depleting?

You may want to consider sending DD a PM.

Reece 02-15-10 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kassman (Post 1268777)
The last thing i want when i'm half way through a patrol is for SH3 to lock up or crash to desktop because i've deleted some sausages, lol

Well if it happens you will just have to eat them like the rest of us! .... now, how about another schnitzengruben!:haha:

Rapt0r56 02-15-10 09:45 PM

Quote:

Moin JC,

Regards,
DD
Can't wait for the next Version!:rock:

JCWolf 02-15-10 10:25 PM

Sorry about this, but maybe I'm just ignorant but ,

Who "drives" the Boat when surfaced?

I mean if they appear when you dive, who " Steers the Boat course on surface?

Cheapskate 02-15-10 11:12 PM

The helmsman steers the boat left and right when on the surface and submerged. The main steering controls are the buttons on the box labelled BBC on the bulkhead just behind the chief engineer.

Unfortunately UBI, didn't think it important to actually give us the helmsman ....so you just have to imagine he is there!

The other two guys ( who appear and disappear ) are the planesman. They control the mini wing things (at the front and back of the sub ) which help the boat to go up and down during diving and keep it level when under water.

JCWolf 02-15-10 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheapskate (Post 1269143)
The helmsman steers the boat left and right when on the surface and submerged. The main steering controls are the buttons on the box labelled BBC on the bulkhead just behind the chief engineer.

Unfortunately UBI, didn't think it important to actually give us the helmsman ....so you just have to imagine he is there!

The other two guys ( who appear and disappear ) are the planesman. They control the mini wing things (at the front and back of the sub ) which help the boat to go up and down during diving and keep it level when under water.

Now I get it, So I was right, in thinking that a helmsman ( Driver) should be there on surface, not on the planes man sits but there somewhere!?

Cheapskate 02-16-10 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCWolf (Post 1269147)
Now I get it, So I was right, in thinking that a helmsman ( Driver) should be there on surface, not on the planes man sits but there somewhere!?

Yes, that's right - Usually, he sat on a bench just in front of the steering box. SH3 hasn't got that bench - but there is one in SH5 and it's got a helmsman too !!!!

Just to complicate things a bit...there was another steering position in the control tower. This was used during submerged torpedo runs when the captain was using the attack periscope. No good looking for that though, it isn't there either. Perhaps that is a good thing because the attack helmsman would have been knocked over every time the captain turned the periscope - the helmsman's seat was just where the periscope seat is!!