SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

frinik 05-22-10 09:36 PM

3rd Soviet night mission...

DB I also play Panzer Elite.Yeah that´s right you have those little buggers in the OstPak when you start the South of Prokhorovska mission it´s usually the first one that gets taken out by my Tiger....BTW the BT5s too are toughies in SF I remember having to shoot them repeatedly with 75 mm shells.In general Soviet tanks were tough cookies....

Priscalan, tu en as de la chance tu vas pouvoir jouer la mission nocturne:cry:.En plus tu dois avoir un sacre bon pc.Quelle est la puissance de ta carte graphique?

ZEE any chance we can get that 3rd Soviet night mission???? Nothing more romantic than serenading T34s with 88mm shells by the moonlight;)

Cheers to all

Priscalan 05-22-10 09:43 PM

Kursk Mission 1

Impressive this charge of Tigers under artillery fire!!! :up:

My FPS down to 6.6 :(

thanx Admiral :salute:

frinik 05-22-10 10:04 PM

Kursk Mission 1

Priscalan welcome to the club! Most if not all of us experienced the same.My fps were between 4.4 to 5.9 and this was the light(la version allegee avec moins d´artillerie et de tanks) version....

Tu te debrouilles tres bien en anglais!!!!Donc pas de soucis de ce cote.Amuse-toi, la mission 4 de Koursk arrive .....Tu as la vesion allegee de la misison 1 de Koursk?

:salute:

ZeeWolf 05-22-10 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1400729)
DB I also play Panzer Elite.Yeah that´s right you have those little buggers in the OstPak when you start the South of Prokhorovska mission it´s usually the first one that gets taken out by my Tiger....BTW the BT5s too are toughies in SF I remember having to shoot them repeatedly with 75 mm shells.In general Soviet tanks were tough cookies....

Priscalan, tu en as de la chance tu vas pouvoir jouer la mission nocturne:cry:.En plus tu dois avoir un sacre bon pc.Quelle est la puissance de ta carte graphique?

ZEE any chance we can get that 3rd Soviet night mission???? Nothing more romantic than serenading T34s with 88mm shells by the moonlight;)

Cheers to all

Sure frinik, I'll send it out with the New German Mission 4. Both will be ready
tomorrow. I think the challenge will be good. It will be simply the stock USSR mission 3 at night. :up:
But maybe I could hide a couple of Tigers for you though :arrgh!:

ZW:salute:

frinik 05-22-10 10:31 PM

Moonlighting

No problem ZEE I have cat´s eyes:o I can see those predators hiding anywhere.Great news 2 missions.Thanks!:up:

ZeeWolf 05-22-10 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1400732)
Impressive this charge of Tigers under artillery fire!!! :up:

My FPS down to 6.6 :(

thanx Admiral :salute:

Thanks Kamerad Priscalan,
I'm doing all I can to address the fps issue, but the need for power will be
a constant. Don't let it get you down Priscalan, computer components are
become affordable and may be awhile yet before we're all out in the street
or living out of are car the way things are going.

Cheers!

ZW

ZeeWolf 05-22-10 11:41 PM

Cat's eyes

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1400759)
No problem ZEE I have cat´s eyes:o I can see those predators hiding anywhere.Great news 2 missions.Thanks!:up:

Cat's eyes- that might be good enough but don't forget so does the Tiger :yep:

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...M3_Night_2.jpg

And he's out there ...:ping:

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...M3_Night_1.jpg

Cheers

ZW :salute:

Priscalan 05-23-10 03:22 AM

slt Frinik,

d'après Zeewolf, ce serait la version light que j'ai reçu, ça promet pour la version hard :hmmm:; mais j'avais du P2P et d'autres programmes qui tournaient aussi, il va falloir que je fasse des réglages pour TvsT le mettre en priorite dans les processus, réduire au mini les processus... More I write in English, more my English is becoming fluent :) . i speak too german and russian, I understand italian and spanish (little)

Admiral , I've made a texture night too, but don't work... :damn: I've made a jpeg 2048x512x32 and convert her in DDS format with gimp; and put her in folder textures as Sky_13... then I've modified mission.script in campaign1 mission 3.:o Where am i wrong?

LcSummers 05-23-10 07:13 AM

MOON

Hi ZW,

that moon looks great! Hopefully i will not mistake it with Silent Hunter 5 and will give an ALARM but nothing happens! No crashdiving, may be crash riding, no bell sound only the 88 mm gun sound.:yeah:

Very impressive.

Till

Later

LC:D

frinik 05-23-10 11:42 AM

Red Full Moon

I just hope the guys in my crew don't start growing teeth, claws and become hairy and HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!OHHHH My GOd they're attacking me.ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH !:88)

ZeeWolf 05-23-10 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1400853)
slt Frinik,

d'après Zeewolf, ce serait la version light que j'ai reçu, ça promet pour la version hard :hmmm:; mais j'avais du P2P et d'autres programmes qui tournaient aussi, il va falloir que je fasse des réglages pour TvsT le mettre en priorite dans les processus, réduire au mini les processus... More I write in English, more my English is becoming fluent :) . i speak too german and russian, I understand italian and spanish (little)

Admiral , I've made a texture night too, but don't work... :damn: I've made a jpeg 2048x512x32 and convert her in DDS format with gimp; and put her in folder textures as Sky_13... then I've modified mission.script in campaign1 mission 3.:o Where am i wrong?

I will have the campaign1 mission 3 in a separate Zip file so you can study
it carefully. This is the best way to learn the mysteries of TvsT.:up:
However the Sky "DDS" must be DXT5 or DXT3 format with Alpha and no Mips.

You certainly have the ability to learn to speak TvsT too Priscalan :DL

My Professor's Motto: "Learn By Doing!" :know:

Vorwärts!

ZeeWolf 05-23-10 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1400952)

Hi ZW,

that moon looks great! Hopefully i will not mistake it with Silent Hunter 5 and will give an ALARM but nothing happens! No crashdiving, may be crash riding, no bell sound only the 88 mm gun sound.:yeah:

Very impressive.

Till

Later

LC:D

Thanks Kamerad,
But SH5's moon looks alittle better though over the ocean.

ZW

Dung_Beetle 05-23-10 01:20 PM

Download size

Hey ZeeWolf,

To get up to date with latest configuration of TvT: What would I need to contribute, and what would the download size be? :06:

I have 5GB data limit per month, and I use all of that + per month. Verizon wireless charges me huge price hike for going over. More gouging from corporate america.:nope:

I usually go to coffee shop with laptop to get my large downloads, but my laptop just crapped the bed.:wah:

Priscalan 05-23-10 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1401139)
I will have the campaign1 mission 3 in a separate Zip file so you can study
it carefully. This is the best way to learn the mysteries of TvsT.:up:
However the Sky "DDS" must be DXT5 or DXT3 format with Alpha and no Mips.

You certainly have the ability to learn to speak TvsT too Priscalan :DL

My Professor's Motto: "Learn By Doing!" :know:

Vorwärts!

Thanx Zeewolf,

I am willing to take the file campaign1 mission 3 to study :D and compare with original file.
For my Sky , i've converted him in dds format with compression Dxt3, i knew that ;), I had already modified textures for the tiger and the T34 last year, but I also have many difficults with the editor:cry:

ZeeWolf 05-23-10 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dung_Beetle (Post 1401170)
Hey ZeeWolf,

To get up to date with latest configuration of TvT: What would I need to contribute, and what would the download size be? :06:

I have 5GB data limit per month, and I use all of that + per month. Verizon wireless charges me huge price hike for going over. More gouging from corporate america.:nope:

I usually go to coffee shop with laptop to get my large downloads, but my laptop just crapped the bed.:wah:

The $60.00 membership gets you everything from the beginning to Jan- 31-2011.
The download size will be 275mgs for the Foundation file and under 10mgs
for each mission. And sometimes a major Update of 30mgs. So, you should
be ok once the Foundation file is installed.
And there is no gouging here the 1 year membership covers it all. No more money is required or will be asked for.:up:
My 2cents on wireless and their blatant greed: They are sickening and they
deserve to be tarred and feathered - the American touch.:DL

Sorry about your laptop Kamerad,
ZW

ZeeWolf 05-23-10 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1401206)
Thanx Zeewolf,

I am willing to take the file campaign1 mission 3 to study :D and compare with original file.
For my Sky , i've converted him in dds format with compression Dxt3, i knew that ;), I had already modified textures for the tiger and the T34 last year, but I also have many difficults with the editor:cry:

Oh that's great, I will help you with the editor with a tutorial that I want to
put to gather ( Lots of pictures).

I am sure with your enthusiasm you just need to get the basics. :yep:

Dung_Beetle 05-23-10 10:54 PM

Can't wait to get started!

That's great ZeeWolf:yeah:

That download is not too big, and shouldn't use up too much of my monthly, Verizon, allowance:wah:

Any chance of an E100, Jagtiger, or a Maus showing up in the mod:06:

DB

Priscalan 05-24-10 01:08 AM

SpeedTree

hi Admiral, :salute:

I see, that you use too speedtree software to modify the trees :yeah:. what version?

frinik 05-24-10 01:27 AM

New Playable tanks?

Priscalan this is great if you get to master the mission editor you can create new user-made missions or give ZeeWolf a hand!I won´t try though looks too complicated. Playing with Steel Fury´s mission editor is keeping me busy enough anyway.

Zee, to second DB´s request do you think it would be possible to introduce a couple of new playable tanks, one for each side? WE could vote amongst the members to decide which two.I would vote for the Panther( any Ausfuehrung) on the German side and the KV85 or JS3 on the Soviet one.

DB, I doubt introducing monsters like the Maus or Ratte would be feasible. Also as a matter of historical accuracy these monsters never made it past either the wood mock-up stage or blueprints.They never saw any action and best case scenario would either never have been built( lack of fuel, spare parts etc) or built not before June or July 1945 had the war not finished before.On the other hand, the Jagdtiger might be possible although I would myself much prefer the Jagdpanther. My opinion for what it´s worth...:dead:

Cheers

ZeeWolf 05-24-10 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dung_Beetle (Post 1401504)
That's great ZeeWolf:yeah:

That download is not too big, and shouldn't use up too much of my monthly, Verizon, allowance:wah:

Any chance of an E100, Jagtiger, or a Maus showing up in the mod:06:

DB

Not the E100 or the Maus but maybe JagdTiger. But there is still alot of stuff
I will definitely be doing.

Cheers
ZeeWolf