SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

stork100 07-06-23 08:41 PM

In addition to Doolar's excellent tips, and it may be repeating the obvious for some, but for those having problems make sure you're not applying the mod to an existing SH3 installation. It doesn't need it - the mod is completely standalone. It just needs to be unzipped to its own location, tweaked according to the instructions and play. If you have another SH3 install, probably best to remove it first.

reedj40 07-06-23 09:40 PM

Doolar

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have set all of the compatibility settings correctly, and started the game up to create a save folder using the sh3 exe file just as the instructions say to. Is there anything else I may be missing? I am stumped, as well as several others on the onealex discord. We've tried everything that they can think of and still having the same issue of it not loading me into the game upon starting my first mission. Any other tips or tricks anyone is willing to share are greatly appreciated. Thanks

reedj40 07-10-23 09:11 PM

Not loading into sub

Hi all, I’ve installed every thing correctly, but when I start the first mission of my new campaign, the game never fully loads me into the sub. Can someone please help me figure out what’s going on? All help is appreciated. Thanks

BreadGoneBad 07-11-23 09:45 AM

Request to change grid acknowledged - bug

I have run into a weird bug after installing OneAlex-mod as per the instructions. Everything is working fine, but:

Every time I press the "M"-button, I receive a new radio message from BDU which says:
"Request to change grid acknowledged - Wait"

It does not happen when I press the radio mast icon on the left to enter the Messagges screen.

Anyone know what I can do? It seems two shortcuts are bound to M...

Aktungbby 07-11-23 09:47 AM

welcome aboard!

BreadGoneBad!:Kaleun_Salute:

BreadGoneBad 07-11-23 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreadGoneBad (Post 2875916)
I have run into a weird bug after installing OneAlex-mod as per the instructions. Everything is working fine, but:

Every time I press the "M"-button, I receive a new radio message from BDU which says:
"Request to change grid acknowledged - Wait"

It does not happen when I press the radio mast icon on the left to enter the Messagges screen.

Anyone know what I can do? It seems two shortcuts are bound to M...

Okay, it solved itself after a restart. I know the Ujagd is not historical, but any way to add it back in? Sorry for all the dumb questions. Pretty new here :D

kyle9154 07-11-23 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreadGoneBad (Post 2875951)
Okay, it solved itself after a restart. I know the Ujagd is not historical, but any way to add it back in? Sorry for all the dumb questions. Pretty new here :D

It will not be added back in as this mod is based on historical realism, too much work to do just for some people to have unless someone wants to make a UI submod for it. Plus you can get your questions answered much faster over at the official GWX Onealex discord server.

BreadGoneBad 07-12-23 09:10 AM

Hydrophone contacts all sound like they are breaking up

I have encountered a bug where all ships sound like they are breaking up and howling on the hydrophone. No propeller sound. Just the sinking and breaking-up sound.

Any idea what could be causing this?

SDFilm 07-18-23 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonie (Post 2798969)
hi,

i just downloaded from the link posted in your utube channel, v1.52.

when i unzip the file a few files were reported by my norton as having virus.
-GWX Onealex Edition 1.52.7z\SH3\sh3sim.act has a trojan

-GWX Onealex Edition 1.52.7z\SH3\Support\Stiebler4C_V16B1\Stiebler4C_Ad don_for_V16B1\ all 3 .act file reported to have some 'heuristic pattern', not sure what that means.

-GWX Onealex Edition 1.52.7z\SH3\Support\Stiebler4C_V16B1\Stiebler_EnvS im\envsim.act has the same 'heuristic pattern'.

sorry to hear about whats happening over there. stay strong and stay safe.

Same thing here. Also the base GWX.3 doesn't set anything off. I'm not saying it *is* a virus as it could well be a 'false positive', but I'd like to know why Onealex does set it off while GWX doesn't.

fitzcarraldo 07-18-23 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDFilm (Post 2876877)
Same thing here. Also the base GWX.3 doesn't set anything off. I'm not saying it *is* a virus as it could well be a 'false positive', but I'd like to know why Onealex does set it off while GWX doesn't.

The latest version is 1.53.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

SDFilm 07-18-23 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2876879)
The latest version is 1.53.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Yup, it was with 1.53.

Along with the patch files in the 'support' folder my antivirus also *really* doesn't like the 'SH3Sim.act' and 'EnvSim.act' files.

kyle9154 07-18-23 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDFilm (Post 2876880)
Yup, it was with 1.53.

Along with the patch files in the 'support' folder my antivirus also *really* doesn't like the 'SH3Sim.act' and 'EnvSim.act' files.

You need to disable any antivirus programs when downloading and installing Onealex mod or you'll have corrupt install.

SDFilm 07-18-23 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle9154 (Post 2876883)
You need to disable any antivirus programs when downloading and installing Onealex mod or you'll have corrupt install.

Oh no, I voluntarily done the scan myself. The problem is that the files are there; files which didn't bring up flags in the original GWX mod. Again I'm not automatically assuming that they're real viruses, but I'm not automatically giving them a green light either. It's just a stiebler/hsie thing?

Aktungbby 07-18-23 07:20 PM

Welcome back!

SDFilm!:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 07-18-23 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDFilm (Post 2876880)
Yup, it was with 1.53.

Those two files are modified by Hsie and Stiebler patches; OneAlex mod has both prepatched (already patched), so are different from SH3 vanilla and GWX files. Could be your AV detected these modified files, but they arenīt viruses.

And all works fine...I have OA installed and can play without problems.

Good hunt!

Fitcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

SDFilm 07-19-23 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2876910)
Those two files are modified by Hsie and Stiebler patches; OneAlex mod has both prepatched (already patched), so are different from SH3 vanilla and GWX files. Could be your AV detected these modified files, but they arenīt viruses.

And all works fine...I have OA installed and can play without problems.

Good hunt!

Fitcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Thanks for the explaination, it's been too long since I've played GWX and the main reason for that is the CTDs especially around minefields, so I'm hoping that's fixed at least in part. For some reason GWX 3.0 placed minefields which were above the software's capability to load, and you couldn't delete the minefields without going through a ton of other editor fixes.

Chief Franco 07-19-23 01:13 PM

Ahoy. Returning player. I need HELP. Running SH3 on STEAM + GWX + SH# Commander. Problem $1. Not able to read any messages after being told that i have new message, Problem #2. missions wont complete no matter how long I stay on station. GWX was installed over av clean SH3Please HELP.

SDFilm 07-19-23 02:02 PM

My mission editor is borked. I guess it has something to do with the widescreen mod since back in the day I used to disable the widescreen to get the editor to work. Perhaps there's a...standard resolution mod to use while creating missions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Franco (Post 2877021)
Ahoy. Returning player. I need HELP. Running SH3 on STEAM + GWX + SH# Commander. Problem $1. Not able to read any messages after being told that i have new message, Problem #2. missions wont complete no matter how long I stay on station. GWX was installed over av clean SH3Please HELP.

GWX can certainly run on Steam but I'm not sure what you've done with it for that to happen. Reinstall and don't use sub commander?

blackswan40 07-19-23 02:21 PM

Hi Chief Franco you have a PM from me that should get you squared away with SH3.
If you need further help getting SH3 GWX installed feel free to drop me a line or add to your post Sir

@:subsim: The Pride Runs Deep We Look After Our Own :Kaleun_Salute:

SDFilm 07-19-23 02:37 PM

Fixed the mission editor; remove the d3d9 files and put them into their own sub-mod. Active the mod when you want to play the game, deactivate the mod when you want to edit missions.