SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

KapitanDP 03-18-11 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622667)
Opps! :oops: your right :haha:

It's one of those "OH S**Ts!"

http://www.tanksimzw.com/EndMissionMenu.zip

Thanks KDP:up:

ZW

PS: I'm no multitask-er

:haha::haha::haha:
You changed the name of the link but it still points to the TVT Save Keys
archive when I click on it.

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622680)
:haha::haha::haha:
You changed the name of the link but it still points to the TVT Save Keys
archive when I click on it.

KDP

It's on of those days man:har: What can I say?

ZW

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622676)
ZeeWolf,
I downloaded the file and yes it did install in Vista. I tried to change the user keys but as before there was no file in the User Maps folder. I checked "dxdiag" in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool but it still says I am using DirectX 11. I don't know if there is a way to switch between versions or does it just list the most recent version although there maybe 2 versions actually loaded???

KDP

Ok, now this is important, did you DL the 44mg file to disk then install or did you start the installation immediately, click Run?

ZW

PS: Vista can still register as DirectX 11 but still include the DX9C files that other apps use

KapitanDP 03-18-11 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622715)
Ok, now this is important, did you DL the 44mg file to disk then install or did you start the installation immediately, click Run?

ZW

PS: Vista can still register as DirectX 11 but still include the DX9C files that other apps use

ZW,
I downloaded to disk and then installed. It displayed the install slide bar and filenames as it progressed. I think you are correct, it shows the latest version but the files are there for the older version.

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622727)
ZW,
I downloaded to disk and then installed. It displayed the install slide bar and filenames as it progressed. I think you are correct, it shows the latest version but the files are there for the older version.

KDP

Ok great, I sent you a e-mail with the contents of my User Map folder. Tvt may not create the files but still my read them. And once the game reads them it my write to the new files any changes. It is worth a try:up:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/User_Maps.zip

ZW

KapitanDP 03-18-11 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622738)
Ok great, I sent you a e-mail with the contents of my User Map folder. Tvt may not create the files but still my read them. And once the game reads them it my write to the new files any changes. It is worth a try:up:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/User_Maps.zip

ZW

ZW,
Unfortunately, nothing changed. Should I be testing this after removing the "DefaultControls.script" from the scripts\common folder in T34vsTiger or leave it there? I have tested both ways but I was just wondering what you think is correct.

KDP

ps. Can you post the new revised EndMissionMenu file? I would like to try that in a game I will be playing this evening...

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622767)
ZW,
Unfortunately, nothing changed. Should I be testing this after removing the "DefaultControls.script" from the scripts\common folder in T34vsTiger or leave it there? I have tested both ways but I was just wondering what you think is correct.

KDP

ps. Can you post the new revised EndMissionMenu file? I would like to try that in a game I will be playing this evening...

One way to try is when you're in the games setting menu try using your joystick to alter keys. If the stick has any success try saving the changes. Then check the User Map folder and see if any new files where added and
of course if the game saved your changes.

As for where the DefaultControl.script I would leave it in the games folder

And the new end of game menu fix is in the same file the first fix was. I just
replaced the first file. That way the links remain accessible and upto date.

ZW

KapitanDP 03-18-11 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622780)
One way to try is when you're in the games setting menu try using your joystick to alter keys. If the stick has any success try saving the changes. Then check the User Map folder and see if any new files where added and
of course if the game saved your changes.

As for where the DefaultControl.script I would leave it in the games folder

And the new end of game menu fix is in the same file the first fix was. I just
replaced the first file. That way the links remain accessible and upto date.

ZW

My joystick does not do anything in the Control Settings Menu. Only my mouse is able to be used.

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622789)
My joystick does not do anything in the Control Settings Menu. Only my mouse is able to be used.

KDP

Ok,in the \T34vsTiger\Scripts\GameSettings.script

check to see if Joystick is enabled, it will look like this:

// enable/disable joystick
final static boolean EnableJoystick = true;

ZW

KapitanDP 03-18-11 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622793)
Ok,in the \T34vsTiger\Scripts\GameSettings.script

check to see if Joystick is enabled, it will look like this:

// enable/disable joystick
final static boolean EnableJoystick = true;

ZW

Yes it does...

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622799)
Yes it does...

Hmm :hmmm: I'll have to think about this a little more and do some more research.
Give me some time.

ZW

KapitanDP 03-18-11 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622825)
Hmm :hmmm: I'll have to think about this a little more and do some more research.
Give me some time.

ZW

Sure, no problem, It will give me a chance to actually play some more :rock:

By the way, so far the End Mission file is looking better. In one mission that failed, I had 3 shots fired, 1 shot landed, I did use the coax, and the Accuracy said 33% :up: Of course, it still says I am playing as a Russian but I know you said you are aware of that...

One thing I did notice in another game that I just failed, I didn't fire any shots, none landed, but the Accuracy said the word "Text" rather than "0%".

As I have said, none of this is criticism. I am just trying to provide feedback to help make this a better sim. I think you have done a super job improving on what was not a great product :salute:

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622836)
Sure, no problem, It will give me a chance to actually play some more :rock:

By the way, so far the End Mission file is looking better. In one mission that failed, I had 3 shots fired, 1 shot landed, I did use the coax, and the Accuracy said 33% :up: Of course, it still says I am playing as a Russian but I know you said you are aware of that...

One thing I did notice in another game that I just failed, I didn't fire any shots, none landed, but the Accuracy said the word "Text" rather than "0%".

As I have said, none of this is criticism. I am just trying to provide feedback to help make this a better sim. I think you have done a super job improving on what was not a great product :salute:

KDP

Thanks man, The "Text" is good for now, but I'll get to that too. The menu
changes I have in mind will encompass some changes that I intend to take the time needed on them.

Cheers:salute:

ZW

Cleanmuskox 03-27-11 10:23 AM

ZeeWolf, his entire project looks brilliant :DL
I only recently got into T34 vs Tiger as I was inspired to buy it because my course content heavily features the Eastern Front of World War 2 - I was instantly intirgued by the whole concept of mass Armoured Warfare. Therefore I'm so glad someone has decided to pick up this game and make it into what it was supposed to be!

Have just this second made the payment from my dear father's account via your site, sincerely looking forward to using your content, though you may have to put up with my questions should I run into technical difficulties :oops:

ZeeWolf 03-27-11 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleanmuskox (Post 1628908)
ZeeWolf, his entire project looks brilliant :DL
I only recently got into T34 vs Tiger as I was inspired to buy it because my course content heavily features the Eastern Front of World War 2 - I was instantly intirgued by the whole concept of mass Armoured Warfare. Therefore I'm so glad someone has decided to pick up this game and make it into what it was supposed to be!

Have just this second made the payment from my dear father's account via your site, sincerely looking forward to using your content, though you may have to put up with my questions should I run into technical difficulties :oops:

Welcome a board Cleanmuskox,:salute:
Thanks for you compliments and support. Your welcome message has been sent (be sure to check your spam folder). As for your questions don't worry
I want you up and running so my help is part of the deal :up:

Cheers!

ZW

Cleanmuskox 03-28-11 05:56 AM

Okay, so I've downloaded the from the link and installed successfully on top of my T34 VS Tiger folder, game starts up fine, but so far every time I've tried a mission it's loaded and then crashed the game when I click to start :dead:

I did have your free missions installed at first - they're what persuaded me to join, could that have interferred with the full 2011 Febuary installation? :hmmm:

Cleanmuskox 03-28-11 07:46 AM

Scratch that, just tried a fresh re-install of everything, same story...
At the moment I'm just telling the installer to go to my T34 VS Tiger folder and it takes care of the rest, is this correct?

ZeeWolf 03-28-11 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleanmuskox (Post 1629476)
Scratch that, just tried a fresh re-install of everything, same story...
At the moment I'm just telling the installer to go to my T34 VS Tiger folder and it takes care of the rest, is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. It is important to read and take note on the error message, they will help me solve any problems. The good news is allot
of others have had similar problems and a usual cause is and installation
error.
So, be sure that this is a temporary condition. :up:
Now if you do a fresh install remember to (after uninstall) delete any remaining folders in the T34vsTiger directory:

<drive>:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\ "no folders here"

Then do your reinstall :yep:

ZW :salute:

Cleanmuskox 03-28-11 04:58 PM

3rd install worked a treat, not sure what went differently, maybe just copying your clarification :up:
Played through the first German mission, loved the Panther, looking forward to taking on the Kursk missions tommorrow :DL
Cheers for the help!

ZeeWolf 03-28-11 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleanmuskox (Post 1629951)
3rd install worked a treat, not sure what went differently, maybe just copying your clarification :up:
Played through the first German mission, loved the Panther, looking forward to taking on the Kursk missions tommorrow :DL
Cheers for the help!

You bet! :salute:
ZW