SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Easter Eggs in SHIV Addon (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133112)

Lord_FLB 03-15-2008 03:31 AM

Easter Eggs in SHIV Addon
 
Ahoi Kaleuns,

modding the *.cfg/txt files I've found this:

NR.1:
--menu.txt--
Strategic Messages:
7624= As one of the most successfull Commanding Officer of the U-Boat Fleet, world ever seen, you'll be a well respected Admiral in the NATO. In the 21th century Ubisoft use your knowledge to develop Silent Hunter III.

HarHar... nice joke... but why Ubi didn't have done like they had promised ?:rotfl:

Did someone else found other eggs ?

Idaeus 03-15-2008 05:47 AM

lol! Is that for real? :D Thats funny!

Kapitan_Phillips 03-15-2008 07:35 AM

Hmm, shall I make an easter eggs sticky? :hmm:

Lord_FLB 03-15-2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapitan_Phillips
Hmm, shall I make an easter eggs sticky? :hmm:

Ahoi,

that would be nice... Happy Easter!:up:

Kapitan_Phillips 03-15-2008 08:21 AM

Done :up:

Biggles 03-16-2008 11:12 AM

Don't know what you lads would think of this, but I didn't name my Captain myself, and suddenly realized his deafult name was Bernard...

stabiz 03-16-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggles
Don't know what you lads would think of this, but I didn't name my Captain myself, and suddenly realized his deafult name was Bernard...


http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131992

Hehe

Torplexed 03-16-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_FLB
Ahoi Kaleuns,

modding the *.cfg files I've found this:

NR.1:
--menu.cfg--
Strategic Messages:
7624= As one of the most successfull Commanding Officer of the U-Boat Fleet, world ever seen, you'll be a well respected Admiral in the NATO. In the 21th century Ubisoft use your knowledge to develop Silent Hunter III.

HarHar... nice joke... but why Ubi didn't have done like they had promised ?:rotfl:

They did! Ubisoft is retroactively making history come true with that file. The German U-boat ace, Jurgen Oesten (U-106) was used as a technical advisor on the making of SHIII. ;)

Lord_FLB 03-16-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torplexed
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_FLB
Ahoi Kaleuns,

modding the *.cfg files I've found this:

NR.1:
--menu.cfg--
Strategic Messages:
7624= As one of the most successfull Commanding Officer of the U-Boat Fleet, world ever seen, you'll be a well respected Admiral in the NATO. In the 21th century Ubisoft use your knowledge to develop Silent Hunter III.

HarHar... nice joke... but why Ubi didn't have done like they had promised ?:rotfl:

They did! Ubisoft is retroactively making history come true with that file. The German U-boat ace, Jurgen Oesten (U-106) was used as a technical advisor on the making of SHIII. ;)

That's an idea!!! Well done!:up:

E.Hartmann 03-27-2008 09:06 AM

Flying Dutchman?
 
Not sure if this is a SH4 or the add-on but was on Patrol off Japan and had enemy warship sighting. I had outside views on and so a long way off in the dark moonless night something was glowing and as I got closer I couldn't believe what I saw. it was a four masted sailing ship glowing in the dark and under full sail. Pretty funny stuff. I got a screen capture of and will post later. The Flying Dutchman live!

M. Sarsfield 03-27-2008 09:19 AM

It's the Flying Dutchman. Someone posted a video of the encounter a few months ago. I think the Dutchman even fired off a volley of its cannons.

E.Hartmann 03-27-2008 08:34 PM

oopps! Just saw your post. Yep it was funning and I couldn't catch them either.

LukeFF 04-01-2008 04:20 AM

There are two different textures for the Type IX. Navigate to the /data/submarine/nss_Uboat9 folder, and look for the DDS files with the T01 and T02 line in them. The game only uses the first one, but you can always rename the second one so that it shows up in-game. The only drawback to this is the Tarnmatte anti-sonar coating won't show up when it's fitted.

Dowly 04-03-2008 07:05 AM

Possibly another easter egg or personal remark from the artist?

In the Textures/Tnormal/Tex, there's a file called Captainroom_captainslog and in it, there's one blank page, with "In the sumer, we go to make history" written on it. I tried looking for it ingame, both US & German offices, but didnt find it. :hmm:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...aptainsLog.jpg

LukeFF 04-03-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Possibly another easter egg or personal remark from the artist?

In the Textures/Tnormal/Tex, there's a file called Captainroom_captainslog and in it, there's one blank page, with "In the sumer, we go to make history" written on it. I tried looking for it ingame, both US & German offices, but didnt find it. :hmm:

You'll see it very briefly when opening up the captain's log in either office.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2020 Subsim