SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

frinik 03-16-10 11:45 PM

In God we trust with ZW we thrust!
 
Hi Zee! Good to hear from you! Don't worry man we know you are not exploiting us!Didn't we rally our Zug around you to to shield you from bolschevik-inspired (the NKVD might be behind his :o) attacks?

What are the cuties: a Marder III or the Hornisse?, a PAK 40 and is the last one a Sturmpanzer Brummbaer?

Cheers

Frinik; former Tiger commander relegated to Panzer I duty until further notice...

In God we trust, with ZW we thrust!

ZeeWolf 03-17-10 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1319868)
Hi Zee! Good to hear from you! Don't worry man we know you are not exploiting us!Didn't we rally our Zug around you to to shield you from bolschevik-inspired (the NKVD might be behind his :o) attacks?

What are the cuties: a Marder III or the Hornisse?, a PAK 40 and is the last one a Sturmpanzer Brummbaer?

Cheers

Frinik; former Tiger commander relegated to Panzer I duty until further notice...

In God we trust, with ZW we thrust!

Thanks Frinik, they're all coming but the images I post will be ready for Kursk

ZW :salute:
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...ZW_NasHorn.jpg

Hammer_757 03-17-10 02:11 PM

Refereing to http://www.tanksimzw.com/ I was planning to donate but what is the memebership that I missed all about?

ZeeWolf 03-17-10 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer_757 (Post 1320717)
Refereing to http://www.tanksimzw.com/ I was planning to donate but what is the memebership that I missed all about?

Hello Hammer_757,
The Foundation Membership allows you full access to my project Zeewolf creations for a full year. The membership after the Jan.31 deadline will be
limited and cost more for some things the Foundation Members are entitled
to. I must say too that this is all new to me and I have been playing it by ear so-to-speak as far as pricing goes. However membership will be offered again just prior to the new Kursk release plus the cost of the release.
I have not finalized the pricing yet but it will be a very good deal considering what is planned for the new resurrected T34 vs Tiger. :up:

ZeeWolf

Hammer_757 03-17-10 08:09 PM

No need to sell it to me, I'm already sold, just let me know the price and when I can pay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1320800)
Hello Hammer_757,
The Foundation Membership allows you full access to my project Zeewolf creations for a full year. The membership after the Jan.31 deadline will be
limited and cost more for some things the Foundation Members are entitled
to. I must say too that this is all new to me and I have been playing it by ear so-to-speak as far as pricing goes. However membership will be offered again just prior to the new Kursk release plus the cost of the release.
I have not finalized the pricing yet but it will be a very good deal considering what is planned for the new resurrected T34 vs Tiger. :up:

ZeeWolf


woofiedog 03-19-10 11:48 PM

Excellent work on the Wespe and the other models in your latest screens... looking very good. :salute:

A line up of Wespe's in field operations and along a road and one other site about German SP's.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...22Wespe%22.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...2Hummel%22.jpg

http://www.lonesentry.com/insectseries/index.html


ZeeWolf 03-19-10 11:58 PM

SdKfz 124 Wespe
 
Thanks Woofiedog

ZW :up:

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot437.jpg
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot436.jpg

animal 03-20-10 02:13 PM

it looks like a Hummel, Sig33, Nashorn and then finally the Wespe.

The Brumbar had a "socket" type gun mount and lacked that small piece of armor that slides up and down with the gun on the sig33.
I may be able tell the difference between the two from a mile, but I'll never figure out why the germans would make both.
Man they had some crazy ideas.

I've been following the progress on this for awhile now but just joined the forums, I'm very interested in paying what I have to to get this game when the time comes...

One last thing... anyone else play this game in 3d? i use the nvidia 3d vision and I'll tell ya there's nothing more satisfying then watching a hot round sail out to target and connect when you've got the extra depth perception. For the sake of 3d - compatability is descent and it really adds to the fun. I am by no means a veteran though and am a long ways from proficient at the game, my play until now has been more of a "tinkering"

I've been waiting for a good tank sim since Panzer Commander and here it is*

Does anyone know where i can buy a copy of t34 v tiger in canada?

thx and ill keep a close eye on things here!

ZeeWolf 03-20-10 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animal (Post 1325648)
it looks like a Hummel, Sig33, Nashorn and then finally the Wespe.

The Brumbar had a "socket" type gun mount and lacked that small piece of armor that slides up and down with the gun on the sig33.
I may be able tell the difference between the two from a mile, but I'll never figure out why the germans would make both.
Man they had some crazy ideas.

I've been following the progress on this for awhile now but just joined the forums, I'm very interested in paying what I have to to get this game when the time comes...

One last thing... anyone else play this game in 3d? i use the nvidia 3d vision and I'll tell ya there's nothing more satisfying then watching a hot round sail out to target and connect when you've got the extra depth perception. For the sake of 3d - compatability is descent and it really adds to the fun. I am by no means a veteran though and am a long ways from proficient at the game, my play until now has been more of a "tinkering"

I've been waiting for a good tank sim since Panzer Commander and here it is*

Does anyone know where i can buy a copy of t34 v tiger in canada?

thx and ill keep a close eye on things here!

Hello animal,

The Brumbar was built on the Pz 4 hull and the sIG33 was built (on the Pz III hull ) from a special order of 24 units for Stalingrad.
The only sIG33s to survive for Kursk was the ones that were not completed and shipped to Stalingrad.
Of those, (7 units) fought to break-out the surrounded Kameraden
at Stalingrad. So I figured I would have them show up at Kursk again.

Try this link for a bargain price and welcome aboard :up::
http://www.gogamer.com/WWII-Battle-T...VVviewprod.htm

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 03-21-10 10:34 PM

Tank Ditch
 
Hey Guys check this out :o

ZeeWolf

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k..._TankDitch.jpg

BennoBoom 03-22-10 04:37 AM

Ahoy ZeeWolf
Just to say thank you for the Mod pack and the new Mission 6.
It has really done TvT good :salute:
Danke mein herr
Benno

ZeeWolf 03-22-10 11:34 AM

Thanks BennoBoom, your welcome! :salute:

ZeeWolf

eddie 03-22-10 12:46 PM

Looking good ZW! Going to have to build up a lot of speed to jump across that ditch,lol

ZeeWolf 03-22-10 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1328374)
Looking good ZW! Going to have to build up a lot of speed to jump across that ditch,lol

Thanks eddie,
You'll probably like this too. For an after Kursk release.:yep:

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k.../ZW_bridge.jpg

ZeerWolf

frinik 03-23-10 02:07 AM

AI behaviour
 
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!before we get to see that bridge we will have to survive the first fifteen minutes on the battlefield; the artillery barrage, the mines, the hordes of T34/85, KVs, JS2s, SU 76/85/100 , the AT guns, the anti tank ditches.....

Excellent work Zee as usual.

One thing Zee beofre the release would it be possible to somehow tame our wingmen so they just don't rush forward and either get killed in the first 2 minutes of the mission or kill everything in sight before we've had time to move and catch up????Last week I played the Tigers Shake Kurtenki misison and my wingman took off like a madman and in 8 minutes killed everything in sight. I rushed to catch up and when I arrived at the ned he was finishing off the last AT gun.I was left with a mission successful with 6 infantry kills to my credit and barely 4 shots fired!!!!

This kind of behaviour could become a real problem in the Kursk relase considering the magnitude of the challenges we will face.We want wingmen to protect our sides and rear while we take on the Sov positions.If you could instill just a little bit of restraint so they still take an active role but leave you the player in control would be terrific!

Beautiful scenery, Your maps are really grandiose Zee!

Cheers

Frinik

BennoBoom 03-23-10 06:18 AM

Hi'
Just for your oppinion , I have a mediocre PC - 2.53GHZ/ 2 GB Ram/ 128 MB GF videocard. XP-sp3 / will I be able to run Kursk reasonably :hmmm:
BennoBoom

frinik 03-23-10 07:45 AM

Graphic card
 
Benno I tried installing the game on a laptop with a 128 mg card , Windows XP, 2 gigs RAM and a 2.0 processor and the game would not even start.I have it on a 256 mb and it runs fines but barely.I have to run everything low and with resolution of 840 X 600.My FPS is in the low teens or even lower. But thanks to ZeeWolf´s mod it does not stutter.I have it on a 512 mb with 4 RAM and it runs well albeit with FPS in the mid to upper teens.I sincerely doubt that with your graphic card the game would run .If it runs brace yourself for slow motion, stuttering or even freezes.But try and see what happens...

eddie 03-23-10 09:55 AM

That bridge looks great, but I'm at a loss as to which bridge it is, or where its located?

ZeeWolf 03-23-10 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1329876)
That bridge looks great, but I'm at a loss as to which bridge it is, or where its located?

Me too! But I would like to model the one on the Deniper if you have any details of one that I can use to model it I would appreciate that very much.
I had in mind the fighting withdrawal across that river around Kremenchung
1943.:hmmm:

ZeeWolf

eddie 03-23-10 02:57 PM

ZW, I haven't been able to find a picture of bridges in that area, but came across this article describing the bridge as being made of wood.

"The long wooden bridge at Kremenchug alone had to serve as a crossing point for ten divisions, six of which were panzer divisions. The XI Infantry Corps was put in charge of the river crossing and was assigned two special staffs to assist in this mission. One staff had to make certain that the march order was observed on the north bank and had to enforce one-way traffic in order to ensure a steady flow of approaching units. The other special staff was employed on the south bank of the river at Kryukov with the mission of assuring the rapid debouchment of the divisions. Although the mission sounded simple enough, its execution presented all manner of difficulties. Even before the previously scheduled withdrawal of garrison installations and unwieldy army and army group supply units had been completed, the situation demanded that the panzer divisions cross immediately. Some Russian parachute troops had meanwhile landed on the other side of the river and their ground forces had begun to cross the river upstream. Only motorized units were capable of reaching the south bank of the river between the bridges in time to restore the situation. In order to give the panzer divisions precedence over other units, it was necessary to stop all traffic and clear the roads for the tanks. For five days mixed columns of all arms extending over many miles camped in the adjacent fields or, wherever this was impossible because of the many swamps, they kept to the side of the road and waited for the signal that would allow them to continue on their way. Their campfires were close to their foxholes. Alongside these columns, or trapped between them, were streams of refugees and herds of cattle"

Will keep looking though!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2024 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.