SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

SDFilm 07-19-23 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2876910)
Those two files are modified by Hsie and Stiebler patches; OneAlex mod has both prepatched (already patched), so are different from SH3 vanilla and GWX files. Could be your AV detected these modified files, but they aren´t viruses.

And all works fine...I have OA installed and can play without problems.

Good hunt!

Fitcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Thanks for the explaination, it's been too long since I've played GWX and the main reason for that is the CTDs especially around minefields, so I'm hoping that's fixed at least in part. For some reason GWX 3.0 placed minefields which were above the software's capability to load, and you couldn't delete the minefields without going through a ton of other editor fixes.

Chief Franco 07-19-23 01:13 PM

Ahoy. Returning player. I need HELP. Running SH3 on STEAM + GWX + SH# Commander. Problem $1. Not able to read any messages after being told that i have new message, Problem #2. missions wont complete no matter how long I stay on station. GWX was installed over av clean SH3Please HELP.

SDFilm 07-19-23 02:02 PM

My mission editor is borked. I guess it has something to do with the widescreen mod since back in the day I used to disable the widescreen to get the editor to work. Perhaps there's a...standard resolution mod to use while creating missions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Franco (Post 2877021)
Ahoy. Returning player. I need HELP. Running SH3 on STEAM + GWX + SH# Commander. Problem $1. Not able to read any messages after being told that i have new message, Problem #2. missions wont complete no matter how long I stay on station. GWX was installed over av clean SH3Please HELP.

GWX can certainly run on Steam but I'm not sure what you've done with it for that to happen. Reinstall and don't use sub commander?

blackswan40 07-19-23 02:21 PM

Hi Chief Franco you have a PM from me that should get you squared away with SH3.
If you need further help getting SH3 GWX installed feel free to drop me a line or add to your post Sir

@:subsim: The Pride Runs Deep We Look After Our Own :Kaleun_Salute:

SDFilm 07-19-23 02:37 PM

Fixed the mission editor; remove the d3d9 files and put them into their own sub-mod. Active the mod when you want to play the game, deactivate the mod when you want to edit missions.

jamesklip 08-01-23 12:19 PM

Crush to desktop

If your game crush to desktop after any career or single missions finish the red bar loading, try those:
1. Right-click on your desktop, go to Intel Graphics Properties, and change the monitor refresh rate from 59Hz to 60Hz.
2. Change the compatibility mode from win7 to winXP pack2.

Both work for my laptop.

Aktungbby 08-02-23 09:47 AM

Welcome aboard!

jamesklip!...finally surfaced after a 4 year 'silent run'!:up::Kaleun_Salute:

jerryb 08-08-23 04:15 AM

Single missions

Hi, just set up the onealex SH3 mod and every thing seems ok, but I can't get the single player missions to run. I've obviously missed something. Any idea what? thanks.

SDFilm 08-09-23 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryb (Post 2879807)
Hi, just set up the onealex SH3 mod and every thing seems ok, but I can't get the single player missions to run. I've obviously missed something. Any idea what? thanks.

They should work fine. Did you apply the compatibility settings?

Pelle71 08-27-23 09:39 AM

i just downloaded 1.53, and it says when i oppend the rar file, "corrupt files".

fitzcarraldo 08-27-23 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle71 (Post 2882506)
i just downloaded 1.53, and it says when i oppend the rar file, "corrupt files".

Well..you need to download it again...:03:

This problem is frequent when downloading OneAlex.

Good luck! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Pelle71 08-27-23 10:50 AM

Ok. Thanks brother, i try again.

Pelle71 08-27-23 11:01 AM

Where is the download links for this great work?

kyle9154 08-28-23 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle71 (Post 2882514)
Where is the download links for this great work?

https://gofile.me/2YNK2/8StrLa1aF
or you can get it on the GWX Onealex official discord from the link in my signature

ReallyDedPoet 08-28-23 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesklip (Post 2878873)
If your game crush to desktop after any career or single missions finish the red bar loading, try those:
1. Right-click on your desktop, go to Intel Graphics Properties, and change the monitor refresh rate from 59Hz to 60Hz.
2. Change the compatibility mode from win7 to winXP pack2.

Both work for my laptop.

Welcome to SUBSIM :up: