SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   World of Tank Player Roster? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=175732)

Krauter 08-07-11 04:06 AM

You need to be careful in a Lowe to not get too complacent and just sit there camping. Remember you're not a TD so you can't just sit back and "defend" especially since you're T8 Heavy.

Even if you're not at the front of a push you still need to be able to keep pressure on the enemy and keep pushing them back. Something that's difficult to do when you're at least 400m from the nearest enemy tank, but that's the life of the Lowe.

mr chris 08-07-11 05:06 AM

Looking to move on to a Tier IV / V tank what does everyone recommend?
I like to sir back in the early going of a battle and see who i can pick off then as it progresses i go where i can best help my team.

PhantomLord 08-07-11 02:55 PM

"Funkahdafi" here

Ready to roll out with

PzIV
StuGIII
M10 Wolverine
M7 Priest
T28

Castout 08-08-11 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1722591)
You need to be careful in a Lowe to not get too complacent and just sit there camping. Remember you're not a TD so you can't just sit back and "defend" especially since you're T8 Heavy.

Even if you're not at the front of a push you still need to be able to keep pressure on the enemy and keep pushing them back. Something that's difficult to do when you're at least 400m from the nearest enemy tank, but that's the life of the Lowe.

I tend to share Krauter's view.

HunterICX 08-08-11 04:38 AM

The best way for a heavy to go at work is with a couple of mediums and lights that are able to detect and harrash the enemy tank while the heavy positions himself and gives the enemy tank a heavy blow while the others continue hitting it from all sides.

HunterICX

Feuer Frei! 08-08-11 06:44 AM

Oh look, i don't camp with this thing, nor any heavy all the time. It just really depends how the battle is going.
I usually support the other heavy's with sustained fire and movement.
On occasions, if things are progressing quickly towards a win, i will push on towards cap, with a medium or another heavy as support.
It's all about looking at the mini map and communicating ingame.
I don't EVER get caught alone anywhere on the map, and certainly don't rush out and spearhead an attack.
That is not the role of the Löwe.

Task Force 08-08-11 07:07 PM

With my tiger 2 i usualy sit near base for abit, wait to see if i was matched up with idiots. which is almost 2/3 of the time...

Then i find a nice place at range (a hill with a house, rock, ect) and snipe.

Krauter 08-08-11 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! (Post 1723273)
Oh look, i don't camp with this thing, nor any heavy all the time. It just really depends how the battle is going.
I usually support the other heavy's with sustained fire and movement.
On occasions, if things are progressing quickly towards a win, i will push on towards cap, with a medium or another heavy as support.
It's all about looking at the mini map and communicating ingame.
I don't EVER get caught alone anywhere on the map, and certainly don't rush out and spearhead an attack.
That is not the role of the Löwe.

Aye sounds good, but you have to be careful sometimes haha. More then once I've been caught napping and feeling comfortable only to be awakened by a team mate yelling at me to move up, or worse an arty strike knocking out my engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chris (Post 1722615)
Looking to move on to a Tier IV / V tank what does everyone recommend?
I like to sir back in the early going of a battle and see who i can pick off then as it progresses i go where i can best help my team.

Might I ask what nation you're using Mr.Chris? If you like to sit back and snipe, I would definitely recommend the German Heavy line. The Vk3601H is an awesome machine with a set of accurate fast firing guns, it also pulls in some decent cash and exp. After that the Tiger I is a bit of a struggle (someone on the forums actually found driving backwards gave them more of an advantage.. if that doesn't show its gimpiness to the devs I don't know what will) and then its on to the superb Tiger II

Feuer Frei! 08-08-11 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force (Post 1723771)
With my tiger 2 i usualy sit near base for abit, wait to see if i was matched up with idiots. which is almost 2/3 of the time...

Yea, I can attest to that.
Played a game not 5 mins ago and was last man standing.
It happened so quickly, one minute we were 5:4, then, because i was too busy relocating and killing, I didn't have time to look on score board, I found myself back at base, stopping enemy cap and then I realised, all but me left!
Took out 4 of them, before they got me.
Fail team for sure, but that's life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1723782)
More then once I've been caught napping and feeling comfortable only to be awakened by a team mate yelling at me to move up, or worse an arty strike knocking out my engine.

Yep, been cuaght out by arty and not looking at mini map and suddenly i get concentrated fire from an enemy which appeared behind me. Wouldn't have been surprised if i looked on the mini.
In the heat of the battle it can go pear-shaped very quickly, due to not monitoring :haha:

The 6.6 patch is imminent, Russian servers live already, with the rest of us following, hopefully by tomorrow.
Although Devs have said 8th-12th.
So could be a few days yet.
Can't wait to play the new map, Siegfried Line!
Looks nice, watched the promo video for 6.6.

Task Force 08-08-11 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! (Post 1723799)
Yea, I can attest to that.
Played a game not 5 mins ago and was last man standing.
It happened so quickly, one minute we were 5:4, then, because i was too busy relocating and killing, I didn't have time to look on score board, I found myself back at base, stopping enemy cap and then I realised, all but me left!
Took out 4 of them, before they got me.
Fail team for sure, but that's life.

Had a similar experience, Me and a American TD V about 9-11 enemy tanks, i got 5 kills, he got 6 (damn last shot kills)

ah, good last stands.:DL

Task Force 08-10-11 06:20 AM

6.6 update today, servers come up withing the hour though.

papa_smurf 08-10-11 07:00 AM

6.6 looks nice, looking forward to getting the E-75 and E-100.

Feuer Frei! 08-10-11 09:35 AM

Game client still linking to 6.5 patch. Shouldn't be too much longer before patch work is done and game patch goes live.

EDIT: Now downloading patch, size 264.46MB.

EDIT 2: Any of you guys use jsgme for mod enabling?
I do, although i have installed a lot via manual, because a lot of the mods don't come with the proper folder structure included.
I'm starting to go through all my mods and giving them the right folder structure which inturn will make then jsgme compatible.

Castout 08-12-11 08:50 AM

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/ge...st-anniversary

WoT is having first anniversary and we get some whopping goodies.

mr chris 08-14-11 03:51 AM

My new toy.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...3-51-21-69.jpg