SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

fivetide 10-26-10 08:50 PM

ZW I'll help you in any way I can, I understand you want to go commercial and make money from this, and every credit to you ,
My advice…,the vast majority of the treadhead community will give you everything they have without wanting any reward from it.. and if you sell your game for say $100 they will buy it, understand one thing about what you are doing.. there’s is a small but hard core community that play this game and that community is small for one reason.. no one in the last 13 years has produced a decedent game, since Panzer Elite and those wankers Jawood took over Lighthouse there are thousands of players waiting to play a half decent game of WW2 tank v tank sim.
Here’s how to do it in my honest opinion….
All you need is 2 tanks that are somewhat equal …don’t matter if they are in a Sturmgeschütz III tracking a T34 what matters is your friends on voice com’s .. team-speak…..or whatever they use shouting “T34 – 11 o’clock 900 meters “ when you ask your beta testers about your mod, don’t ask is it life like , or do the tanks look ok, ask “When you saw the Stug did you fooking poo it ? “ .. did the hairs on the back of your neck stand up ? did your skin go cold ? if they answer yes to any of the questions you will be rich mate : )

murkz 10-27-10 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 1522408)
ZW sorry cant remember but we ran it in NSU’s crysis mod with no problem its actually quite low oh I use 3ds max to skin .. we have over 50 ww2 models built.

Hi Five, just to refresh you're memory as it has been at least 18 months. There were a group of us from you're TvT forum, of which Monkwarrior was the leader. NSU, Vase and myself were responsible for terrain and importing vehicles into Crysis. Which we did with the Firefly model you have show here. On a Normandy map created by NSU :)

The Firefly ended up at about 10k polys from memory and it is nice to see you back on the tanking scene five.

Gigi69 10-27-10 02:30 AM

Hi Zee ....... I had a problem with my hard disk.... and lost your welcome message with your mail address....
Please , can you send me the download link ??? I have received any mail yet....

Ciao.......
Luigi

indebin 10-27-10 08:48 AM

Tiger 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1521827)
Hi ZW,

i am very disapointed, i dont like the new Panther:down:, (joke)

I LOVE IT :yeah: :yeah:.You made a really fantastic job. Its really cool. Cant wait to jump in and drive my favorite tank.

I have two screenshots with the bugs i mentioned. Everything is belonging to Kursk Mission 1. Cant upload the images, sorry. Maybe you can give me some help if you need them.

1, The first bug remains. Blockhouse in first Kursk mission is hovering. There is a soviet gun too wich is in air after destruction.

(only for information, ZW i think you know it. Driver is not visible in outside view i think you make it with the new interior model)

2, There is a collision of two Tigers at the start, moving down the hill. They are disapearing but you can hear the collision sound.

3, After capturing village C another collision of two or three tanks, they are moving a little forward, coming to a halt and continuing the procedure.

T-34 Missions:

I had the same trouble in a russian mission like Priscalan, (Shimaskovo recon) attacking a village with a dozen of tanks, Tigers are invicible.

ZW i think you said you want to concentrate first on German missions. So i only wanted to mention it for the future release.

Thats it,

The SU 122 commander and the tank itself are very nice. Yes the JSU 122 or 152 are well modeld. I like them.

Cheers Mr General der Panzertruppen

LC:salute:

Hi Z

I must agree with Lc in Shimaskovo recon the Tiger is invincible even from the rear targeting the engine compartment or turret. Other than that the latest beta is very impressive although at times the fps drops to 7 but is still very responsive. Great work.

Cheers indebin

ZeeWolf 10-27-10 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 1522447)
ZW I'll help you in any way I can, I understand you want to go commercial and make money from this, and every credit to you ,
My advice…,the vast majority of the treadhead community will give you everything they have without wanting any reward from it.. and if you sell your game for say $100 they will buy it, understand one thing about what you are doing.. there’s is a small but hard core community that play this game and that community is small for one reason.. no one in the last 13 years has produced a decedent game, since Panzer Elite and those wankers Jawood took over Lighthouse there are thousands of players waiting to play a half decent game of WW2 tank v tank sim.
Here’s how to do it in my honest opinion….
All you need is 2 tanks that are somewhat equal …don’t matter if they are in a Sturmgeschütz III tracking a T34 what matters is your friends on voice com’s .. team-speak…..or whatever they use shouting “T34 – 11 o’clock 900 meters “ when you ask your beta testers about your mod, don’t ask is it life like , or do the tanks look ok, ask “When you saw the Stug did you fooking poo it ? “ .. did the hairs on the back of your neck stand up ? did your skin go cold ? if they answer yes to any of the questions you will be rich mate : )

Thanks fivetide,
I love your passion for TvT man! :up:
I think a one on one would technically be the easiest and the best performing (60fps plus). But I like the big battles, the "knock down
drag-out" kind so-to-speak. Your advice is really encouraging tide
and I believe those questions have been answered positive by the
latest guy who are testing the October Update. :yep:
Of course it would be fantastic to be a rich man but the work will still be
challenge and long days and many months to complete.
As for now the single mission aspect of TvT and commitments to it will
has to continue.:salute:
ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 10-27-10 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_Smiladon (Post 1522401)
Amen Brother!

O_Smiladon

I caught O_Smiladon, thanks man! :salute:
ZW

ZeeWolf 10-27-10 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murkz (Post 1522603)
Hi Five, just to refresh you're memory as it has been at least 18 months. There were a group of us from you're TvT forum, of which Monkwarrior was the leader. NSU, Vase and myself were responsible for terrain and importing vehicles into Crysis. Which we did with the Firefly model you have show here. On a Normandy map created by NSU :)

The Firefly ended up at about 10k polys from memory and it is nice to see you back on the tanking scene five.

Hi murkz, 10k polys that's light, a high poly count would be above 30k I like
l also like to know the vertex count, so I can get an idea of the vertex
count exceeds the poly count by a given amount. A high quality model will
tent to have slightly more polygons then vertices as a general rule of
thumb.

:up:

LcSummers 10-29-10 08:55 AM

WOW so many posts!

Hi ZW and members,

what has happend, 5 days and i am far behind this forum. So sorry, if i hadnt read everything.
fivetide, your Sherman is beautiful. What about the M4A3 with the late version cupola.
And what about that Jagdtiger? Tamiya? I have that of Otto Carius the Middle Production Type.

Some 30 blogs earlier we spoke with ZW and yes its getting better and better at least with the last types of Panther, Tiger I, Tiger II, Jagtiger, :yeah:Jagdpanther.

ZW, i really cant get off my eyes. I must repeat, the Panther is marvolous.

Trying to finish Kursk mission 3, hopefully i will have a wingman.

Who drove a Tiger I ? Sorry i didnt remember your name. (shame on me) Can you please give us or me some more informations? I mean, what is it like, how loud etc.

Thank you guys, have to go to start KM 3.

LC

PS: Greetings from me too to every new member. This is really a nice comunity. We need some more Beta testers.

MORE EYS WILL SEE MORE:

LcSummers 10-29-10 09:53 AM

Another bug?

Hi ZW,

i dont know if i would call it a bug. When viewing the Tiger in outside view there are behind (right side) the tank and on the gun black stripes.

LC

PS: I didnt had any CTD. Reg edit and clear cache are working:salute:

LcSummers 10-30-10 12:44 AM

Hi ZW,

you mean to open my e-mail browser and put in the pix? I thought i can find a button with "attachment" written on it.

LC

As for your screen shots just send them as e-mail attachments. It's really
easy to do LC in your mail browser. :yep:

ZeeWolf 10-30-10 01:21 AM

New Panzer IV

Hi LC,
When you are composing an e-mail look for the "attachment" button :up:

The new Panzer IV Ausf. G

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...ZW_PnzIV_1.jpg

VOR! :salute:

ZW

gordonvembu 10-30-10 01:41 AM

Note of gratification

Hi Zee Wolf, just downloaded your material and i am absolutely flabergasted by the quality of your work. I had no problems at all with installation, and now the game is tremendous. I sincerely hope your devotion to this title never waigns and encourage u to do what u can to improve the online multiplayer. Afterall this is the forum which will judicate the success of this title. I am sure it is very difficult to remedy the online problems but if NE1 can rectify them it is u. So thank you once again for all your efforts and i feel my purchase has been fullfilled many times over.

gordonvembu 10-30-10 01:51 AM

Key mappings

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonvembu (Post 1524999)
Hi Zee Wolf, just downloaded your material and i am absolutely flabergasted by the quality of your work. I had no problems at all with installation, and now the game is tremendous. I sincerely hope your devotion to this title never waigns and encourage u to do what u can to improve the online multiplayer. Afterall this is the forum which will judicate the success of this title. I am sure it is very difficult to remedy the online problems but if NE1 can rectify them it is u. So thank you once again for all your efforts and i feel my purchase has been fullfilled many times over.

Y is it impossible to have your key mappings saved?

ZeeWolf 10-30-10 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonvembu (Post 1524999)

Thanks gordonvembu :DL
Your kind words are an encouragement, I truly appreciate your comments.
The multi-play work has yet to begin, and when it does I will have the time
to put a whole heart-ted effort in to it. But that will be a while yet, the SP
is first.
And yes the key mapping can be saved. Just do not hit the default button

Cheers :salute:
ZW

ZeeWolf 10-30-10 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1524456)
Hi ZW,

i dont know if i would call it a bug. When viewing the Tiger in outside view there are behind (right side) the tank and on the gun black stripes.

LC

PS: I didnt had any CTD. Reg edit and clear cache are working:salute:

Hi LC, I see you found out how to send an attachment :up:

Here is a copy of you attachment bug image. Those black lines are shadow
artifacts due to a combination of things both in TvT and your video card
settings.
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k.../ZW_LCsBug.jpg

The Solution is to slide the shadow settings back a notch. The max setting
is for Ray-Tracing.
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eosettings.jpg

VOR! :salute:

ZW

LcSummers 10-30-10 01:14 PM

attachment on forum

[QUOTE=ZeeWolf;1525251]Hi LC, I see you found out how to send an attachment :up:

Hi ZW,

i didnt meant to send an attachment via e-mail, i meant, how to post an attachment here on this forum like you did it now.

Quote: Those black lines are shadow artifacts due to a combination of things both in TvT and your video card.

I thought that i am going to be a Nachtjäger like an Bf 110G-4 with "schräge Musik or Jazz music.

LcSummers 10-30-10 01:19 PM

Its me again

Hi ZW,

thank you for that tipp with shadow settings. Disabling shadows solved it.

Danke sehr!!! Herr Kommandant:salute:

LcSummers 10-30-10 01:21 PM

Panzer IV

This Panzer IV looks wunderbar! Wich version is it? F or G? :D

Salute amico mio!!

LC

ZeeWolf 10-30-10 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1525291)
Hi ZW,

thank you for that tipp with shadow settings. Disabling shadows solved it.

Danke sehr!!! Herr Kommandant:salute:

LC,
You do not have to "disable shadows" just move the slider off maximum
Because maximum is a totally different Ray Trace method for rendering shadows. :yep:
Just make the slider look like the picture.:know:
And the Panzer IV is an Ausf. G :up:

Vorwärts! :salute:

ZW

LcSummers 10-31-10 12:58 AM

Avanti

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1525357)
LC,
You do not have to "disable shadows" just move the slider off maximum
Because maximum is a totally different Ray Trace method for rendering shadows. :yep:
Just make the slider look like the picture.:know:
And the Panzer IV is an Ausf. G :up:

Vorwärts! :salute:

ZW

Jawohl Herr General!!!

Moved the slider off maximum. Working well.

Just one stupid question, sure its meant for the future.
I was thinking a little bit. Is it possible in the future releases when fighting in Normandy, Ardennes or Germany to have missions with static objects like "you have to capture a disabled Jagdtiger (Aberdeen) or see a destroyed Sturmtiger in Normandy.

I know its a long way to Normandy but would this be an option or is this nonsense. As i said, its only a thought.

Thank you ZW for your (as usual) fast answer and help.:up:

"Bis zur letzten Patrone, danach ist unser Tiger ein Gefechtsstand" :shucks:

LC