SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Helo & Flightsim Screenshot Thread! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102648)

Biggles 04-20-08 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
You sure about BoBII? I usually end up bailing out on every sortie and it always has worked. ;)

Yep, I'm sure. Sometimes (not often, but it happens) I bail out, press the button to release the chute and then:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:damn: :stare: :nope:

bert8for3 04-20-08 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggles
Well the ones from me (WWI era) is from a mod called "Over Flanders Fields". The mod is based on the CFS3 engine. It used to be freeware, but they've taken it away now I hear, because phase 3 of the mod is payware, and the earlier versions of the mod is no longer on their website.

I find that very disturbing and annoying...:nope:

I had a look at OFF's website. ... shouldn't have :D, I could easily get hooked into that. Guess they see $$ for phase 3, at $50 bucks a crack that's just about major game retail pricing. Mind you, it does look darn good (great promo video btw), but there are still a lot of complete retooling mods that are freeware.

edit/add: sorry btw, didn't mean to take this thread OT.

GSpector 04-21-08 01:39 AM

Not that I don't like IL2 1946 because I do like it, but when do missions change? I am still flying my 1st career and after 10 missions, I am still at Owens Stanley Range with incoming Bombers from the same 3 directions. So far the only difference I've seen is 1 mission took place at night and I sure hope I never get to do that again:o

HunterICX 04-21-08 03:33 AM

GSpector:

get DCG (a 3th Party Campaign Generator) it works somewhat similar like SH3 commander so to speak as you can adjust the campaign settings a bit (amount of aircraft, ground activity etc etc)

the DCG Campaigns itself has more Variaty , more activity in the air.
also things like when you destroy a bridge in the last mission, that bridge is still destroyed in the next mission, and more stuff like that.

get it here:http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php
read the instructions to know how it works.

HunterICX

GSpector 04-21-08 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterICX
GSpector:

get DCG (a 3th Party Campaign Generator) it works somewhat similar like SH3 commander so to speak as you can adjust the campaign settings a bit (amount of aircraft, ground activity etc etc)

the DCG Campaigns itself has more Variaty , more activity in the air.
also things like when you destroy a bridge in the last mission, that bridge is still destroyed in the next mission, and more stuff like that.

get it here:http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php
read the instructions to know how it works.

HunterICX

I will try it and hopefully it helps with randomizing mission events so I don't keep thinking I flying this Sim in some "Groundhog Day" type of event where everyday is the same as the day before.

As for the bridges, on a few missions, I decided to load of with a 500lbs bomb and tried to fly to to the base where all the aircraft were returning to. In the way there, I destroyed a bridge. Checked out that same bridge on a few missions after that and it was still damaged.

Dowly 04-21-08 06:35 AM

The IL2 has dynamic campaigns as stock, so the bridges remain destroyed. But what the stock campaigns dont do is track supply convoys etc. for example, if the enemy's AT guns are destroyed, on the next mission either an supply plane or a car column will be sent to repair the guns. If they get there, the guns get repaired, if not, they remain destroyed and that sector has no defences against an attack from the ground forces = the enemy loses that area and the front line will be moved forwards.

As for the missions DCG gives you, they arent that random. Depending of your role, it's usually patrolling or air superiority missions. But what keeps me using DCG is that there can be over 100+ planes in the air at the same time, resulting in huge clashes with fighters and if the massed bombers setting is on, you see very large bomber formations.

Dowly 04-22-08 04:43 PM

Hunter showing his marksman skills on the last sortie we flew tonight. ;)
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ingless109.jpg

Anyone feeling suicidal? Then report in to our current online campaign!

Mareth Line 1943, 50 planes per side, AI on veteran, high realism settings. Plenty of planes to fly, Hurricanes, Spits, Mossies, P38s, P39s, P40s, 109s, 190s, 110s, Heinkells, Junkers and Stukas.

And as for our sorties tonight, I think we flew 5-6 and survived none. :)

Kratos 04-22-08 05:03 PM

Damn!!! I totally lost track of time tonight :cry: got sidetracked and forgot to check-in to T.S. Must have been an elderly moment :oops: ''puts a stickynote on side of monitor'' ;)

Dowly 04-22-08 05:09 PM

I was about to PM you but then though that you had something else to do as you usually check-in to TS. :damn:

Oh well, you didnt lose much. We really got our butts kicked. :yep:

GSpector 04-23-08 01:48 AM

I'm trying the DCG MOD (using Germany 44) but for some reason, I can't complete a mission:cry: I keep getting a CAN'T READ MEMORY error and it kicks me out of the Sim. :damn:

Any clues?

Dowly 04-23-08 06:20 AM

Kratos 04-23-08 06:25 AM

One can dream :lol:

Dowly 04-23-08 06:32 AM

Aye, keep on dreaming, mate. She's mine. :p

Jimbuna 04-23-08 06:37 AM

Well, she'll come to absolutely no harm at your hands will she. Unless she grows a bit stubble :p

HunterICX 04-23-08 06:40 AM

I've a strange thing telling me , that it's going to effect dowly's flying.

HunterICX

Dowly 04-23-08 06:42 AM

@Jim:

EWWW! :stare:

@Hunter:

Actually, I think it betters my flying. Before this, I had to surf the net on my other hand for Keira's pics and fly with the other. Now I dont have to. :smug:

EDIT:

Okie, now it might have a slightly negative effect on my flying... :hmm:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...pitnaked-1.jpg

Biggles 04-23-08 09:47 AM

This is rather OT, but I don't find her attractive at all!

Dowly 04-23-08 10:00 AM

tosser

BTW, is Princess Madeleine still with that one guy? Whatsamacallit, Johan or something like that? I've been wondering, she's a hottie too and much closer to me than Keira. :hmm:

Biggles 04-23-08 11:08 AM

You're talkin' 'bout our Royal family now? I dunno, not really up to date with all the fancy talk about them...;)

iambecomelife 04-23-08 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterICX
I've a strange thing telling me , that it's going to effect dowly's flying.

HunterICX

Remember the scene at the beginning of "Top Gun", where that guy freezes up in his cockpit & can't stop staring at the picture of his wife? Scary stuff.

Oh, and nice pic Dowly. Very easy on the eyes IMO.:cool: