SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Subsim: 16 Years on the Web and a Trivia Contest! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201670)

aanker 01-28-13 03:58 PM

"Depending on the setting of the EMCON AT MISSION STARTUP option in the Game Options screen, your platforms’ radars are ON or OFF at the start of your mission. Be sure to visit the Game Options screen before starting your mission. If you start a mission in Emissions Control (EMCON) status, all of your platforms with the exception of airborne platforms have all sensors OFF. If you turn the EMCON AT MISSION STARTUP option OFF, all platforms begin the mission with radars ON."

At game exit you can lose sync if not set to OFF an upon restart units can change course to track.

Onkel Neal 01-28-13 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikimcbee (Post 2000395)
Okay I've got another McBeck question.:up:

Name all three of Peter Madsen's subs.:know:

Note, I've hacked in to Steed's account and gone through the EU to turn off Mookie's google and wiki. You should be good to answer the questions now.:03:

On a side note, I'd watch out for Subnuts, he's moving into mookie's turf.:/\\k::haha:

Start timer now.:Kaleun_Los:

Stay on topic :) No topic highjacking

McBeck 01-28-13 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikimcbee (Post 2000395)
Okay I've got another McBeck question.:up:

Name all three of Peter Madsen's subs.:know:

Note, I've hacked in to Steed's account and gone through the EU to turn off Mookie's google and wiki. You should be good to answer the questions now.:03:

On a side note, I'd watch out for Subnuts, he's moving into mookie's turf.:/\\k::haha:

Start timer now.:Kaleun_Los:

Freya
Kraka
Nautilus

Onkel Neal 01-28-13 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aanker (Post 2000463)
"Depending on the setting of the EMCON AT MISSION STARTUP option in the Game Options screen, your platforms’ radars are ON or OFF at the start of your mission. Be sure to visit the Game Options screen before starting your mission. If you start a mission in Emissions Control (EMCON) status, all of your platforms with the exception of airborne platforms have all sensors OFF. If you turn the EMCON AT MISSION STARTUP option OFF, all platforms begin the mission with radars ON."

At game exit you can lose sync if not set to OFF an upon restart units can change course to track.

That is the accurate and complete answer I was looking for. Consider yourself the winner of this question. Next Subsim trivia question will be posted within 12 hours or less.

Cybermat47 01-28-13 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 2000254)
Subsim Trivia Question 13: In Jane's Fleet Command (Sonalysts), what is significant about how the EMCON option is set at game exit?

Answer in this thread.

Isn't it obvious? It's the EMCON button! It's always going to turn everybody onto poodles!

Onkel Neal 01-28-13 09:02 PM

Subsim Trivia Question 14: In Silent Hunter 4, before the v1.1 patch , which key caused an immediate crash to desktop?

ReallyDedPoet 01-28-13 09:08 PM

" A " key

AVGWarhawk 01-28-13 09:10 PM

Yes A key

mookiemookie 01-28-13 09:16 PM

I knew that. And cursed it. :D

razark 01-28-13 09:22 PM

The "Maintain Depth" key, but only if you were using imperial measurements.

(Which was "A" by default)

Cybermat47 01-28-13 10:40 PM

All of them :o

Onkel Neal 01-28-13 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet (Post 2000640)
" A " key

I know it's a key, but which key?

Oh, you mean, the A key. Ahhh, yeah. Ok, you are the winner of this Subsim Trivia question and your name goes in the list.

Next question will appear sometime between now and 12 hours from now.

ReallyDedPoet 01-29-13 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 2000710)
I know it's a key, but which key?

Oh, you mean, the A key. Ahhh, yeah. Ok, you are the winner of this Subsim Trivia question and your name goes in the list.

Next question will appear sometime between now and 12 hours from now.

:D:D:up:

Onkel Neal 01-29-13 08:39 AM

Question 15: In the cinematic subsim thriller Silent Steel, at the beginning of the game as the CO gets his coffee in the mess and makes his way to the control room, how does he address the sailor seated alone, reading a magazine?

Oberon 01-29-13 08:45 AM

Question 15a: When you click on the Subsim Trivia Question link at the top of the page, does it take you to the Subsim Trivia Question, or does it take you to here: http://blogs.defensenews.com/interce...-be-broken-up/