SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   2004 Campaign Update uploaded in the Downloads Gameplay Mods section. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232308)

max-peck 07-14-17 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTJGBeam (Post 2500216)
This Campaign is now relatively finished. I will attempt to address any issues reported, and I will keep it in sync with any patches released

Thanks for your hard work mate - really enjoying this mod :salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTJGBeam (Post 2500216)
I'm going to attempt a full blown 2004 Russian Campaign using the knowledge I've gained creating this..

Very mush looking forward to this - good luck:up:

mhj1992 07-15-17 11:48 AM

Ive played a little. I keep encountering helos in odd places ( no surface ships around, near the UK and off the coast of the southern part of Norway) dont know if thats a bug or not :doh:

LTJGBeam 07-15-17 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhj1992 (Post 2500406)
Ive played a little. I keep encountering helos in odd places ( no surface ships around, near the UK and off the coast of the southern part of Norway) dont know if thats a bug or not :doh:

Are you in a combat mission? For some of the sub only missions, there is a chance for aircraft to be spawned... That is in the Vanilla game as well, and I didn't change that.

If it is happening when you are not in combat, then it could be a bug.

mhj1992 07-16-17 08:52 AM

Its in combat missions, where i am hunting subs off in what should be friendly waters. I havent seen the bug in the vanilla game in quite some time in my experience (Maybe as far back as v 1.03

LTJGBeam 07-16-17 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhj1992 (Post 2500581)
Its in combat missions, where i am hunting subs off in what should be friendly waters. I havent seen the bug in the vanilla game in quite some time in my experience (Maybe as far back as v 1.03

Ok, I will check the sub missions. I know there are random Helos, and Aircraft in some of those. I believe they are there to simulate nearby land bases for encounters near the Russian Coast. But it may be something else, so I'll check.

All the missions in the mod were cloned from the 1.05b release to pick up any fixes installed. I also didn't change any of the aircraft sections of the files, so I am interested in what is causing this.

Thanks for the report.

mhj1992 07-17-17 06:40 PM

No worries, I appreciate the effort you have put into this. I figured it was part of the teething process.

Also, I am having an issue now of actually starting a new campaign in coldwaters. the 2004 option appears as normal, but if i try to click start or load nothing happens. If I try to use the 84 or 68 option it works as normal

Skyhigh 07-19-17 03:27 AM

Is this campaign more difficult/challenging than 1984?

I don't like the 1968 style much - well I just dislike the 37s ;) - , but 1984 is way too easy.

ChaosphereIX 07-19-17 06:34 AM

you have more capable opponents, and they do seem to be very aggressive

so yes, but also you are driving a Seawolf...

Wiz33 07-19-17 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyhigh (Post 2501282)
Is this campaign more difficult/challenging than 1984?

I don't like the 1968 style much - well I just dislike the 37s ;) - , but 1984 is way too easy.

Enemy AI improved on ver 1.06 just released.

Skyhigh 07-19-17 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiz33 (Post 2501377)
Enemy AI improved on ver 1.06 just released.

Ah but there is nothing in that patch about improved enemy AI tactics or torp evasion.
Just that they dont run themselves into the floor or crush depth.

They still seek refuge on the surface in 1.06 or still cant do proper torp evasion.

Sadly.

Wiz33 07-26-17 11:09 PM

Any problem with the latest patch (1.06b)?

LTJGBeam 08-06-17 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiz33 (Post 2502881)
Any problem with the latest patch (1.06b)?

None that I've encountered. I've been using 1.06b extensively since it came out.

LTJGBeam 08-06-17 12:41 AM

Work continues on the 2004 MOD. Up next, Sea Lance, a whole new 2004 Russian Campaign, improvements in the models, thanks to Goldfish and his Pump Jet tweek.

New Russian 2004 Campaign Map:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=9535

Sea Wolf Model now has Pump Jet:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=9539

Los Angeles Flt III now has External Countermeasures pods. (Just for looks. for now...):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=9538

Creating Modified Models for USN, RN, and Royal Norwegian Navy Surface Ships and Subs as opponents for Russian 2004 Campaign. Here's an O. H. PERRY Class FFG with her distinctive single arm Mk 13 Missile Launcher:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=9530

LTJGBeam 08-20-17 03:00 PM

Mod Update # 4: Date:08/20/2017 12:59 PM Mountain Std Time

Added USS VIRGINIA-class SSN 774. While only USS Virginia was in commission in 2004, in the interest of playability, I have made all of the Block I SSN-774 available in the 2004 Campaign. I have to thank Goldfish716 for coming up with his Pump Jet technique. It vastly improves the look of VIRGINIA and SEAWOLF (as well as other subs in the mod)!

Tubes 7 & 8 should now be working properly on Seawolf, Akula, and Sierra. Thanks to KILLERFISH GAMES for the fix on that.

Added the UUM-125A Sea Lance to the 2004 Campaigns. While cancelled in reality, in the conjectural WWIII of COLD WATERS, it has been highly requested in the Mod. Thanks to LeopardDriver, The Bandit, and ETR2(SS) here on SUBSIM.COM for supplying the information that got this working completely!

Added the Royal Navy to the 2004 NATO Campaign. Swiftsure=class SSN, Trafalgar-class SSN, Upholder-class SS are playable. Based out of Holy Loch/Falsane.

Updated SSN 21 Seawolf model to add the Pump Jet using Goldfish716's Technique. Thanks again to him for coming up with the technique, and for designing the spreadsheet that make implementing this a breeze.

Added a new RUSSIAN 2004 Campaign that exists alongside the the original campaigns, and the 2004 NATO Campaign. Same back story as 2004 Campaign, but played from Russian POV. Akula I, Akula II, Sierra I, Sierra II, Victor III, Victor II, Alpha class SSN's and Kilo, Tango class SS are Playable. Home Port is Murmansk, and Opponents are US, UK, and Norwegian Vessels and Submarines (modified from the Russian Surface Ships and Subs, since we can't access the models, but with modifications made using existing components).

All Modded Subs and Ships should now properly display damage when hit by weapons.

This Mod Update has been tested/synced with the 1.07c Beta Update. Please report any glitches encountered.

LeopardDriver 08-20-17 06:19 PM

Looks like excellent work. I have been playing the 2004 campaign for a while.

With this new update I was trying the soviet side and I was quite surprised that I had to fight soviet subs. Is that intended?