SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   New game from Killerfish : War on the Sea - Released (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=244438)

Amiral Crapaud 04-02-20 11:01 PM

New game from Killerfish : War on the Sea - Released

Oooh look at who's back in business & kicking :)

It's going to be great, you people are really spoiled as of late if I dare say!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sjPhyvhD1s

Onkel Neal 04-02-20 11:04 PM

Game Page:
http://killerfishgames.com/games/war-on-the-sea

Quote:

A blend of “Great Naval Battles” and “Task Force 1942″ combined with our previous games Cold Waters and Atlantic Fleet.War on the Sea puts you in command of task forces, convoys and submarines as well as tactical use of aircraft to secure the South Pacific during World War II. Heavily inspired by the classic computer games “Great Naval Battles” and “Task Force 1942″, War on the Sea is coming soon to PC and Mac.

1942: The world is at war
The Japanese Empire expands throughout the Pacific where Allied forces attempt to halt its spread. A desperate struggle for control of the Solomon Islands is now underway.

How will you protect your transports as they deliver troops and supplies in the South Pacific? Will you deploy precious aircraft carriers to provide air cover? Do you screen the area with submarines? Or attempt to lure the enemy navy into a decisive surface engagement?

XenonSurf 04-03-20 01:57 AM

This should be very interesting :up:
I'm already full of compliments for Cold Waters whith a very good compromise of easy UI and good simulation - and of course amazing grafics...

@Killerfish,
I'm looking forward for it, but this time....hummm....please make planes or objects placed on a ship *fall down* when the ship sinks :=)

XS

Chief 04-03-20 12:16 PM

Request Input/Inside Do

Is this Killerfish responding to Drydock Games TF Admiral

nikimcbee 04-03-20 02:13 PM

Pacific War? Japanese submarines? :Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: Sign me up!

blackswan40 04-03-20 02:51 PM

Wow be like a remake of Taskforce 1942 with bells on watching progress upates on this for sure :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Texas Red 04-03-20 03:40 PM

I really hope that the torpedoes actually come out of the tubes instead of just appearing in front of the sub in the release. Actually to me looks like Victory at Sea Pacific

But looks like it could be a great game!

Kpt. Lehmann 04-03-20 06:41 PM

Looks pretty cool. I've been happy with Killerfish games so far. :up:

Commander Wallace 04-03-20 09:04 PM

This looks really interesting. I can't wait to see it. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Killerfish Games 04-03-20 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief (Post 2659770)

Nope.

War on the Sea is the game we have always wanted to make since Pacific Fleet all those years ago and it has been in development for years, well before we learned of TF Admiral.

Plus that's just not how we do things, we have to be passionate about the games we create and have always focused on making games we want to play ourselves.

Amiral Crapaud 04-03-20 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfish Games (Post 2659958)

Originally Posted by Chief https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/viewpost.gif

Nope.

War on the Sea is the game we have always wanted to make since Pacific Fleet all those years ago and it has been in development for years, well before we learned of TF Admiral.

Plus that's just not how we do things, we have to be passionate about the games we create and have always focused on making games we want to play ourselves.

At any rate in some sense, TF Admiral is more of a reply to Killerfish than the other way around. If it hadn't been for them to lead the way and show the world that the niche still had potential, we wouldn't have started making our own game anyway. So kuddos to them.

Then in terms of gameplay element & content, clearly the only thing we share is a common love for the naval part of PTO, and that's about it. They have a strategic layer that we didn't plan to approach before way later in the series, and taking GNB2 & TF1942 as inspirations in that regard are a guarantee that it cannot go wrong.

On our end, we're more of a Carriers at War affair on amphetamines. GNB2 & TF1942 never made CaW irrelevant, and the other way around is true enough too. At the end we might have some common stuff in surface combat as far as mechanics go, but it isn't our focus right now - just like over-detailed carrier ops are probably not to be the main feature of WotS either (tell me if I am wrong of course KF ^^). So everything is fine and there will be plenty of stuff for everybody. More than that, I think that we will be filling different expectations within the same niche, and it's more than alright by me. I am a player too, and I know that I want to play War on the Sea as much as you people do :)

Cheers & best of luck!

diamondthree 04-04-20 07:50 AM

HOLY COW

I've been wanting a remake of TF1942 for 25 years. IT'S HAPPENING :o

diamondthree 04-04-20 08:03 AM

Also this is the first I've heard of TF Admiral as well. I still pull out my Complete Carriers at War here and there and get my ass whooped! Love that game too. I'll be watching both of these games very carefully!

moose1am 04-04-20 11:01 AM

need a remake of Pacific Air Wars 1942.

I wish that someone would make a game like PAW 1942 where you could play the strategy game and also jump into an airplane and fly the plane in combat.

Ad some submarines and surface ships to a game like PAW 1942 and man what a game that would be. With modern graphics and joysticks added to the game.

gunner200013 04-04-20 01:53 PM

Totally understand this, to this day wish someone would remake/finish Pacific Storm: Allies, always loved the game, just to many bugs!