SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   1.05 in progress (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232094)

YoYo 06-25-17 03:14 AM

1.05 in progress

Changelog of beta (in progress still).

Quote:

Version 1.05
In Progress

General
Opening Help in After Action Report no longer opens mini-map which breaks subsequent Back button

Combat
Player speed no longer defaults to emergency back if reactor offline when changing speed
Moving in reverse now generates noise in Signature panel display correctly
Back Emergency increases noise rather than decreasing it below All Stop
Sunk vessels no longer detected by player ESM
Sunk vessels no longer perform surface or air radar checks
Sunk vessels no longer ping with active sonar
Opening Help in periscope view forces periscope view closed

Campaign
MapTimeCompression set globally and synced with pausing, briefings, summary, events, campaign menu, new sub assignment and campaign end
Port reload/unload/Spec Ops time required labels corrected for difficulty level modifiers
Verified subsystem displayed repair times take into account difficulty level modifiers

YoYo 06-25-17 03:16 AM

This is good:

Quote:

Sunk vessels no longer detected by player ESM
Sunk vessels no longer perform surface or air radar checks
Sunk vessels no longer ping with active sonar
Thank You KFG! :salute:

PL_Harpoon 06-25-17 04:30 AM

Quote:

Back Emergency increases noise rather than decreasing it below All Stop
There goes one of my tactics...

It's a good thing though as I always felt it was an rather an exploit than anything. :)

Onkel Neal 06-25-17 10:02 AM

Keep up the good work, KF:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

jrolson 06-25-17 04:04 PM

Love these updates!

Can't wait until we get 3D towed arrays though...

LoBlo 06-25-17 08:37 PM

I wish KF would use the universal NATO NTDS map symbols. Its strange not using them.

Stardog765 06-25-17 08:41 PM

Any update on the helm panel addition?

Seems to be referenced and shown off in screenshots but have not heard anything about it since.

Im sure there are customers who bought the game based on that feature coming that would like just a little update at least as to where we are with that and how its going to be implemented.

Thanks appreciate it.

Aktungbby 06-25-17 08:42 PM

welcome aboard!

jrolson!:Kaleun_Salute:

Killerfish Games 06-25-17 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stardog765 (Post 2494984)
Any update on the helm panel addition?

Seems to be referenced and shown off in screenshots but have not heard anything about it since.

Im sure there are customers who bought the game based on that feature coming that would like just a little update at least as to where we are with that and how its going to be implemented.

Thanks appreciate it.

That is a bigger feature that requires integration with the current navigation system and damage control. It will also require new key binds and a lot of testing.

So the plan is get to it soon and we want to time as many edits to options/keybinds in the one release to try and minimise disruption to player's options and of course mods.

Once we commit to the helm stuff it will put bug fixes on hold for a while and we want go get the campaigns stable and track down the last of the major bugs (including AI ones) first.

Stardog765 06-25-17 09:22 PM

That is all I was asking for thank you.

Just wanted to know it hasnt been forgotten about or canned. Its amazing what a little communication can do!

Thank you sir!

JacqueShredo 06-25-17 10:10 PM

Thank you KG! It's so nice to know you are working hard on this great game. The UI is going to be amazing, it will put the game in legendary status.

Orbiter688 06-26-17 09:54 AM

Thanks KF!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfish Games (Post 2494998)
That is a bigger feature that requires integration with the current navigation system and damage control. It will also require new key binds and a lot of testing.

So the plan is get to it soon and we want to time as many edits to options/keybinds in the one release to try and minimise disruption to player's options and of course mods.

Once we commit to the helm stuff it will put bug fixes on hold for a while and we want go get the campaigns stable and track down the last of the major bugs (including AI ones) first.

Really looking forward to this when completed. :yeah:

Keep up the good work. :salute:

Wiz33 06-26-17 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfish Games (Post 2494998)

Will we be able to order turns for specific speed with the new helm control?

Steiger 06-26-17 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBlo (Post 2494980)
I wish KF would use the universal NATO NTDS map symbols. Its strange not using them.

If you mean on the campaign map, then send me a link of what the symbols look like and I will mod them in for you.

PL_Harpoon 06-26-17 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steiger (Post 2495186)
If you mean on the campaign map, then send me a link of what the symbols look like and I will mod them in for you.

I already did that (except for plane symbols, because in the game they are rotated).

I've included them in the mod I'm currently working on.

This is how it looks:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/iz97ch.jpg

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...WowYldoTlZsY1U
If you just want the icons use only this folder: override\campaign\images\sprites

And if you're interested in other things I changed, here's the thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231759